I miss the Meopta Meopro.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mwarren
I miss the Meopta Meopro.

I was trying to scope my new rifle over xmas time and Meopta was on my list of try outs. I called 2x and left an email and never heard a peep out of them. So I gonged them. Tract on the other hand is nearly instantaneous for replies. I tried their 2-10 but the ocular was so big that it interfered with my bolt cycling so I returned It without doing any testing but glass looked real nice.Seems like it would be better with a 30mm tube. Not sure why they picked that funky color.

Last edited by Tesoro; 01/10/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Wrapids
I've checked over Tract binos and scopes, and I find them to be out of sync with my wants. They may be well made and such, but I detest huge objective bells. And I have no need for twisting knobs, not often a hunter can't get closer eh?

Yea yea yea, heard you the first time. You don't snipe you get closer. Spend your money elsewhere.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
LOW not only builds optics to whatever design some other company requests, but will design new optics to whatever standards desired

interesting. thanks for input

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Tract may well make good scopes, but they have nothing simple that I would ever buy. I don't snipe when I can normally get closer..

Maybe switch to a recurve or long bow. thats how I killed most of my deer in Wisconsin. Most of your shots in Wisconsin are under 80 yards and a scope in most cases not even needed and 4x would be overkill.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've checked over Tract binos and scopes, and I find them to be out of sync with my wants. They may be well made and such, but I detest huge objective bells. And I have no need for twisting knobs, not often a hunter can't get closer eh?

Good information. Didn't know a 42mm objective bell is huge....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC
Are these people on drugs ?

Do you ask because you're looking to buy?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Tract may well make good scopes, but they have nothing simple that I would ever buy. I don't snipe when I can normally get closer..

Maybe switch to a recurve or long bow. thats how I killed most of my deer in Wisconsin. Most of your shots in Wisconsin are under 80 yards and a scope in most cases not even needed and 4x would be overkill.

I love tracking deer and getting close, but there's plenty of opportunities for longer shots at game in the upper Great Lakes states. I hunted over a large beaver meadow for years and routinely had 350-450 yd shots. Likewise, there's bogs, marshes, clear cuts and power line clearings. In the southern areas of the state there's open farm fields.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Originally Posted by LFC
Are these people on drugs ?

Do you ask because you're looking to buy?

laugh

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

42mm objective too big? Their low profile capped turrets a problem for you?

Have you ever even looked to see what kind of scopes they’re offering? Based on your description, I doubt it…

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
IC B3

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
I don't have a problem with a 42mm objective but the size of the eyepiece on the Tract scopes concerns me, although I have not tried to use or mount one it appears its size would cause issues with the bolt.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by VaHunter
I don't have a problem with a 42mm objective but the size of the eyepiece on the Tract scopes concerns me, although I have not tried to use or mount one it appears its size would cause issues with the bolt.

It's rather large compared to a VX3.

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsman22
so buy some black paint....

That would fix a lot of things. You need to keep yourself happy.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mgw619

I own two Tracts. A Toric 3-15x42 and a Tekoa 3-12x42. The eyepiece on both is huge. On the Tekoa, who’s is on a LA 700, I had to use extended Talley LW’s to get the scope far enough rearward so the eyepiece cleared the base of the Talley LW in the rear. Inconvenient, but not the end of the world. Bolt clearance is tight also, but still functions. A higher ring would help the bolt clearance issue. The Toric is on a LA M70, but mounted in low Warne Mountain Tech rings on Burris 2 pc base. Eyepiece is still huge, but no mounting issues. More bolt clearance in this setup also.

I really like both scopes, mechanically and optically.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have both scopes mentioned, the Toric (BDC reticle) is nice but to my old eyes the Swaro (4A reticle) has better glass a more accommodating ocular and lighter weight. Even on a Ruger #1 the ocular of the Tract is a little intrusive, I do like the reticle in the Toric ( the ballistics program is a nice feature), the eye relief is much better than the Swaro, both have really good glass.........but I own more Meapro and Trijicon than either.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mgw619

The ocular is larger than that on a VX3 as you note, but I was able to mount a 2-10x42mm in low Talley LW's on a M70 without serious issue. Even with a Butler Creek cap, bolt clearance is tight, but it functions. Medium height rings would probably have been better but I never got there.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Hang around long enough and you might learn something....

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

I don't see anything in the 2-7x32 or 2.5x36 range, without extra knobs, which is my preference.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I can't resist......

Objective Lens Size for Hunting Scopes Quick Reference Chart

20mm---Diminutive.

33mm---Quite doable but a tad small.

36mm---Perfect.

40mm---Doable but a tad large.

42mm--XL.

44mm---Hubble

50mm---Galactic

Lookiing at theTract and some other brands of oculars?--Looks as though I'm about to drive into the Eisenhower Tunnel.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They’re filling their chosen niche with quality stuff at good prices. Adding additional models will add to costs and so they’ve done so cautiously and selectively. Better that than having to pull back from bad marketing decisions. Others make scopes in the lower power ranges (but they seem to be dwindling). Find one while you can and buy it. I’ve settled on 3-9 as my basic scope, but the 2-10 works just as well and seems to be showing up more as makers switch from 3x zoom ratios to 5x.

FWIW, I’ve had no issues mounting Tracts in low rings.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (10gaugemag, 280fan, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 42 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,564
Posts18,510,686
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.