Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sherm_61
They were never reintroduced in MT. not in N.W MT anyway they were already there.
I used to spend alot of time in what used to be the Lost Trail Ranch in Pleasant Valley in the 90's before it became the Lost trail refugee and I was with a couple of the Ranch hands one day and they took me and showed me were the Wolf dens were at, they had dug into the Bank.
An ole rancher Bob Monk shot one somewhere about 1990 in Pleasant Valley getting into his cows when fish and game finally admitted they were there.

Sherm, there was a pack that moved back and forth over the border back in the early 90's but the vast majority of wolves in the state, including the NW are the result of a well orchestrated process of bringing timber wolves down from Canada and turning them loose, and not just Jellystone park. I found one of the staging areas down along the Blackfoot river while I was scouting for a new area to hunt. The pens/cages were still in the area where FWP was acclimating the wolves before release in the area, and that was years earlier. The few wolves that moved in on their own is a drop in the bucket compared to what was artificially introduced/released.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by Heym06
I'm surprised Colorado hasn't had wolves for sometime now.

We have. I personally know of 3 killed over 10 years ago near Walden. They sleep with the fishes at the bottom of lake John..... Another one was killed by a car on I-70 near Idaho Springs.

I knew a guy who hit a black bear on a dirt road.

Well...that's where it ended up. No telling EXACTLY where it was when it was struck....

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On comes the bar stool sss crowd.

It’s real funny all the sss drunks all claimed how many they killed before delisting. Since it’s been legal in MT, Wy and ID with multiple tags the Sss crowd now kill none and wolf numbers are higher.

I always ask the wolf whiners how many they have seen or killed. The answer is always the same. None

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I have never seen a wolf in the wild, let alone killed one. 😊

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've killed 2.

I wear that as a badge of honor as a Californian.

Proud NRA Life Member
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by callnum

It’s real funny all the sss drunks all claimed how many they killed before delisting. Since it’s been legal in MT, Wy and ID with multiple tags the Sss crowd now kill none and wolf numbers are higher.

I always ask the wolf whiners how many they have seen or killed. The answer is always the same. None

The great Two Dogs Fuucking speaks.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I've killed 2.

Fuggin A!

I am MAGA.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
I've killed 2.

That is a good record.......... I shot at two, hit one for sure, never recovered it, but pretty sure he was eaten by night fall.
Once established, they will never be gotten rid of and they kill Cattle up here all the time.

Wolves got a huge Bull in a swamp and looks like a long drawn out death ensued, then my buddy who has a grazing lease showed me pics of his Cattle with their tails ripped off and their hind legs hamstrung. He finally had to move his Cattle 100 miles away to another lease. What they do to Ungulates is sickening.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But, if it was my cowdog that was killed, I would dedicate the rest of my life to killing them off. And the CPW would never know. In my best Shooter/Mark Wahlberg voice, " I don't think you understand. These boys killed my dog"......

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Well bud how many have you killed? And not the standard Internet forum make believe wolf kill.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Well bud how many have you killed? And not the standard Internet forum make believe wolf kill.

Well butt, I've never killed a one, or claimed to have, here or anywhere else.
You be the one who claims expertise on all things predator, oh great slayer of panthers.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You don't take out Wolves with guns, you would have to see them to do that, and you don't see them so....

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Nah, he's only one dog doing the deed, all alone, with himself, while reading the directions

One for me, tho Ive had more opportunities. Maybe next time i get stalked by a pack and they want my dog to "come play out" l'll whack another

Last edited by las; 01/12/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by las

Nah, he's only one dog doing the deed, all alone, with himself, while reading the directions

laugh....

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I take it you encourage wolf reintroduction! If that's the case a good old gfy! Yes I have seen wolf in the mountains and the marsh! Three in the last two years, one within a quarter mile from town. No I haven't had the pleasure of killing one in the lower 48. Put a wolf hunting season in my state and I will try.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Heym06

I take it you encourage wolf reintroduction! If that's the case a good old gfy! Yes I have seen wolf in the mountains and the marsh! Three in the last two years, one within a quarter mile from town. No I haven't had the pleasure of killing one in the lower 48. Put a wolf hunting season in my state and I will try.

Well you take it wrong. Not surprising

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Methods to minimize contact?? WTF does that mean??

Best method is to kill all of the fuggin things or as many as possible.

The way I read it is they will repay the rancher if the heifer was killed by wolves that "naturally" roamed in, but not if they were reintroduced wolves??

I would say fugg Colorado Parks and Wildlife and kill everyone I ran on to if I were a rancher.

There is a reason they tried wiping them out 100+ years ago.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/12/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

There is a reason they tried wiping them out 100 years ago.

Was it the same reasons “they” wiped out bison, elk, raptors and ducks 100 years ago?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Probably. Bad thing is they didn't succeed on the wolves and raptors.

Damn shame.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Go to wildlifecontrolsupplies.com, or minntrapprod.com they can fix you up.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.