Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dr Ken Berrys wife... whistle whistle

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The high fruit corn syrup was just a cheaper replacement for real sugar.

It stays in the body and does some weird things to the functions.

Just one of many things that were made to be cheaper to get rid of natural stuff.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
You will be amazed how good you feel after a two week no sugar no flour diet. It will feel like the flu for a few days as you detox. Hang in there.

Do this and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Getting off the sugar is tough but it is the root of all evil in the modern diet.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jdunham
You will be amazed how good you feel after a two week no sugar no flour diet. It will feel like the flu for a few days as you detox. Hang in there.

Do this and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. Getting off the sugar is tough but it is the root of all evil in the modern diet.

Hope y'all are right. Im sure you are. Gonna be tough. Totally rearrange my diet. Meats will stay, but to try to figure what to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus snacks. Tough. But ill get there, hopefully.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
https://www.primalblueprint.com/products/the-new-primal-blueprint

I ready this book 4 years ago and changed my diet and it changed my life. It basically mirrors the advice you have been given here. He does a decent job explaining how you should be eating and why.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by moosemike
Sugar is one of the biggest killers. It doesn't get credit though. Cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes get the credit

Sugar should be listed as a drug ! Kills more People than probably everything combined.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.primalblueprint.com/products/the-new-primal-blueprint

I ready this book 4 years ago and changed my diet and it changed my life. It basically mirrors the advice you have been given here. He does a decent job explaining how you should be eating and why.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Originally Posted by moosemike
Sugar is one of the biggest killers. It doesn't get credit though. Cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes get the credit

Sugar should be listed as a drug ! Kills more People than probably everything combined.

Definitely!

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Are we talking Green Tea brewed from leaves or the Lipton crap you buy in a store?

https://www.turkeyhill.com/drinks/iced-tea/green-tea

2 for $5 and I usually get 4 gal every couple days

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But, but…..it’s got ginseng!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The high fruit corn syrup was just a cheaper replacement for real sugar.

It stays in the body and does some weird things to the functions.

Just one of many things that were made to be cheaper to get rid of natural stuff.

And, IIRC, the HFCS is not counted in the sugar assay of the drink. It’s a way to make it appear to have less sugar poison.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Hope y'all are right. Im sure you are. Gonna be tough. Totally rearrange my diet. Meats will stay, but to try to figure what to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plus snacks. Tough. But ill get there, hopefully.

I think breakfast is the easiest. I like to fry up a pan full of bacon, then fry up 2-3 eggs in the leftover bacon fat, then throw in a bunch of chopped brussel sprouts or asparagus once the eggs are done. I use the more expensive bacon without the nitrates/preservatives especially since I use the grease to cook with instead of vegetable oils.

Sugar and carbs really are the culprit. My Tryglycerides were really high and my good to bad cholesterol way out of ratio until I finally got carbs under control.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Were you fasting for at least 8 hours before your labs were drawn?

I had a friend call me once panicking because his triglycerides were super high. Turns out he stopped and ate at McDonald's on his way to having labs drawn.

Bb

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Posted awhile back about maybe going on TRT. Well, thats a go but.....had all labs done. Got a REAL f'in eye opener this week. Triglycerides. HDL came back at 39, not good. Total cholesterol right at 200, again, not good but I can get it down. LDL..."Triglyceride result indicated is too high for an accurate LDL cholesterol estimation." WTF!?!?! So I scroll to 2nd page of the file to see Triglycerides.... now get this, the range is 0-149 mg/dL......WAY fückin over!

So im goin through my head about everything I eat/drink...anything else that can cause it, and im back to the label on the green tea I drink daily that I posed about back in 2018, high fructose corn syrup. The only thing I eat/drink that im hooked on. Fückin green tea!

That explains the high SED rate(inflammation) results from labs last summer, and is the only thing I can come up with that would cause high triglycerides. I hate to even say how high they are. Get this....youll schit....Triglycerides - 1334!!! Fück me!!!

Well it aint the Green Tea fuggin with your sugar.make your own damn Green tea put in a small amount of raw honey.You want your trilycerides to go down take cinnamon pills.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am breathing into an acetone breath monitor several times per day.

I am eating 100% chocolate without sugar.

I hike the hilly trails for an hour every day.

biosense-breath-ketone-monitoring-system

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Didn't read thru all the posts so this may have already been asked. Are you consuming Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)? It's a food additive and will put your sugar over the top.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Were you fasting for at least 8 hours before your labs were drawn?

I had a friend call me once panicking because his triglycerides were super high. Turns out he stopped and ate at McDonald's on his way to having labs drawn.

Bb

Ok, I got a dumb ass question....before the labs I had to fast 12 hrs. I did, BUT.....I knew id be starving til I got the labs done. The last food I ate was a bucket of KFC. I know I know, not good at all, but I had to get protein and fats in me cause if I go that long without eating I start getting huge cravings.

Could that have fücked up the triglyceride test????

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K22
Didn't read thru all the posts so this may have already been asked. Are you consuming Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)? It's a food additive and will put your sugar over the top.

No MSG, that is something I avoid due to docs request when I first got diagnosed with thyroid disease.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't think I would stay on Keto, but it might be a good idea to start off with it. Then ease into a Paleo diet, which IMHO is the place you want to be going forward.

Sweetened tea has more sugar than soda. Just drink water and nothing else. Animal fats, fruit oils (avocado, olive oil), protein and vegetables. It will AMAZE you the difference it makes. If you add in exercise it will be even better. Then get off of the meds.

I wish you luck, sugar is a highly addictive POS!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My whole life turned around when I went low carb.
I was an overweight, unhealthy mess about 6 years ago.
I dropped 60 lbs in less than 6 months and my numbers turned around in a shockingly good way.
My blood sugar was ridiculous with an A1c over 8, it has remained steady at 5.5 for years now...doctor was stunned.
It's not easy.
Everyone around me eats the same carbohydrate loaded food that all Americans eat...bread, potatoes, pasta, fruit, fruit juice, sugary drinks, chips, desserts etc...
It is hard to fight those cravings... but to feel and look as good as I do is well worth the sacrifice.
Every part of my life is better because of what I choose to eat or not eat.
I recommend it to EVERYONE.

Proud NRA Life Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You still on the cigarettes?

Bottled Green Tea is essentially sugar water...Boil your next hit in a cup.

And you ate the whole bucket of KFC fried chicken and wonder why?

Last edited by battue; 01/13/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Are we talking Green Tea brewed from leaves or the Lipton crap you buy in a store?

https://www.turkeyhill.com/drinks/iced-tea/green-tea

2 for $5 and I usually get 4 gal every couple days

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

But, but…..it’s got ginseng!!

A gallon is 1000 calories: so every couple days you consume 4000 wasted calories of sugar. You best up the cardio....
On 1800 calories per day, you consume approximately 2.5 days of sugar, every couple days....in addition to your other foods. You are the problem, not the high fructose corn sugar...

And the construction guys love the stuff....some of them their teeth not so much..

Last edited by battue; 01/13/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.