Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Dinny
Originally Posted by Fawnbleat
Why would you sell hard to find items for less than the cost to replace them
regardless of what they cost a few years back?

What exactly do you lose by selling something for the same price you paid?

I hold those who sell reasonably in higher regard than those who attempt to make a killing by taking advantage of the current political situation.

Look at the likes of Mule Deer and Charlie Sisk. Everything they've listed have always been priced below what they could get if they were less respectable men.

Anyone want to buy some land? I'm selling some for the 2008 fair market value. Be still my precious heart..some here would seize at the thought of selling for that price.

Thanks, Dinny

Why can't something be priced "reasonably" but still better than break even for the seller? Much as the OP wants to whine about it, basic supply and demand changes mean things *do* become scarcer or even rare as time passes. If the price is ridiculously high, it won't sell. (Here, anyway. GB is it's own story.) That's called the free market...

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Reasonable is determined by the buyer and certainly varies as much as our opinions. One thing is certain...judgement. My ignore list grows daily based on my opinion of seller's greed. If others do the same then the pool gets smaller. That's called freedom.

Medics bury their mistakes..
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I don’t care what the asking price for a gun on here is! But the entertainment value of threads like this…Priceless! 😂

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is no way in Hell I'd sell a Barrett Fieldcraft for the pre-out of production price I paid. If anybody wants to sell some for $1150, PM me. I'll buy them all day every day.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
There is no way in Hell I'd sell a Barrett Fieldcraft for the pre-out of production price I paid. If anybody wants to sell some for $1150, PM me. I'll buy them all day every day.

lol

+1

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Sounds like a bunch of elementary school girls,
Get your big boy pants on,Like it or lump it,If you don't like the circle then step out,
Sounds more like hurt feelings

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.

You lowball the [bleep] out of most postings dude. Bidding the 1980's price on things isn't "reasonable". Markets fluctuate, and todays inflated prices are going to more or less become the new norm. That's how it's always worked, with some exceptions (like obama era ar15's)

Speak for yourself dumbass, I bid accordingly based on recent prices in the last 5 years , I ain’t buying [bleep] that’s used for 10x more than it’s worth especially reloading components and used scopes.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 01/13/22.

Fück Joe byron
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by marksman1941
I buy based on the original purchase prices not on todays inflated price gouging. If they wanna sale it put a reasonable price on it, I’ve bought some nice items on here at good prices, but prices today are way outta range on most items although there are still some good folks here to buy from. I’m not referring to anything collectible simply consumables.

You lowball the [bleep] out of most postings dude. Bidding the 1980's price on things isn't "reasonable". Markets fluctuate, and todays inflated prices are going to more or less become the new norm. That's how it's always worked, with some exceptions (like obama era ar15's)

Speak for yourself dumbass, I bid accordingly based on recent prices in the last 5 years , I ain’t buying [bleep] that’s used for 10x more than it’s worth especially reloading components and used scopes.

Lol alright bud. Whatever makes you sleep best at night.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Man there are some polar opposite personalities on here…yet we’re all looking for guns, scopes, sticks, etc….incredible

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought, sold, and traded a few things here. Am I missing something in writing in the classified protocols or policies that says a posted "I'll take it" trumps a pm received earlier. I see that often quoted here as a rule when a pm to the seller gets the item because the pm was sent before the posted "I'll take it" Just curious.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a 100 watt bulb that I have been using for a couple of years. I think that I will sell it. I guess that I should sell it for what it will cost me to replace it, right?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I have a 100 watt bulb that I have been using for a couple of years. I think that I will sell it. I guess that I should sell it for what it will cost me to replace it, right?

You can list it for whatever you want!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a bunch of whiners complaining about responses to their overpriced wares.... the biggest thing wrong with the sellers on here is they don't know how to negotiate. If you don't like a price offered, how about responding with a price you would live with or a simple "no thanks".... believe it or not, some of us do keep track of what things are going for on lots of other sites, auctions, and other venues and are willing to pay fair prices for items that come up that pique our interest... but not the inflated prices some guys think their stuff is worth based on other inflated prices they have seen on this site....

One of the reasons prices are going up- on top of the prices of fuel, materials, and labor, which doesn't come close to explaining some of the price increases- is the fact that people aren't willing to simply say no. If you keep paying these inflated prices, you can expect them to keep going up- it's called capitalism. If most guys paid what should be fair prices for items, the prices would level out and would stop going through the roof constantly- that is also called capitalism....

Now, on a somewhat related subject- if someone describes something that it definitely is not or was never made regardless of what a second cousin of a good friend of the guy's barber said- you should expect to get called on it.... on this site and any other site I've ever been on. That can be a warning to other would be buyers to do some homework before plunking down money on a unicorn that doesn't exist. As said above, you can choose to ignore the warnings also .....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
I have bought, sold, and traded a few things here. Am I missing something in writing in the classified protocols or policies that says a posted "I'll take it" trumps a pm received earlier. I see that often quoted here as a rule when a pm to the seller gets the item because the pm was sent before the posted "I'll take it" Just curious.

Sellers make their own rules. One here made a deal with me in the morning then sold to someone else that afternoon.

Medics bury their mistakes..
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
My neighbor has a 1971 Boss 351 mustang that he bought new in 71 for a grand total of 3500$.

Should I demand he sell it to me for that because that's what he paid?

When something is no longer avaliable; it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Last week a CZ527 222 sold for 1200$. I paid 500-600$ new many times for them. However they aren't being made anymore and that makes them worth more. Just the way it is. If you're too broke to afford it, or don't wish to pay that. Move along. The irony of talking about "respectable men" while ruining the thread of a fellow shooter....😂 Sad.
Some of you should be ashamed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Totally up to the seller. As a seller I don’t care if you PM me. First IWTI whether a PM, call, text, sign in the window, smoke signal or a post in the ad. Actually I think it’s stupid to require a IWTI in the ad only….Just me…..

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveh

Totally up to the seller. As a seller I don’t care if you PM me. First IWTI whether a PM, call, text, sign in the window, smoke signal or a post in the ad. Actually I think it’s stupid to require a IWTI in the ad only….Just me…..

+1

Apparently some don't realize that items offered in the Classifieds on the 'fire may also be cross listed on other websites.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ky221
My neighbor has a 1971 Boss 351 mustang that he bought new in 71 for a grand total of 3500$.

When something is no longer avaliable; it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Last week a CZ527 222 sold for 1200$. I paid 500-600$ new many times for them. However they aren't being made anymore and that makes them worth more. Just the way it is. If you're too broke to afford it, or don't wish to pay that. Move along. The irony of talking about "respectable men" while ruining the thread of a fellow shooter....😂 Sad.

I would never ruin someone else's thread, or speak ill of a specific item being sold. Was speaking in generalities.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by j2dogs
Originally Posted by Ky221

I would never ruin someone else's thread, or speak ill of a specific item being sold. Was speaking in generalities.

My comment wasn't directed at you. My apologies if it felt that way.

j2dogs Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It's all good brother sorry. We KY brothers gotta stick together smile

Last edited by j2dogs; 01/13/22.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.