Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Hard livin.
As far as that goes , yes to an extent but not anything like when I was in my twenty's.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
this song is pretty much my take on life.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It's all good till it ain't. Good luck with it.

Life is good live it while you can.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Woke up at 1:30 in the morning with my head hurting and dizzy, blood pressure was 206 over 115, had to take another pill and a half to bring it down. Need to lose about 30-35 lbs. Back on Keto.

Jeezuz Rog.
You’re in hypertensive crisis league.
You may want to talk to your doc about some med adjustments while you sort out some of the other issues. Nothing you don’t know, but you can only sustain pressures that high for so long before something gives.
I wish you well.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I take clonidine .3, 3times a day.

.3 of clonidine tid is pretty impressive. Etiology: potholes, young big butts with a smile and alcohol consumption. Take these in moderation.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Jeezuz Rog.
but you can only sustain pressures that high for so long before something gives.
I wish you well.

Dude, yer right up there in stroke city. Ain't no joke

Git er done my friend.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Hard livin.
As far as that goes , yes to an extent but not anything like when I was in my twenty's.

You realize that you are killing yourself, right? All that other stuff you like doesn't matter if you are dead, and you will be, if you keep that crap up. I agree on probably tapering off, but it's easy to figure you're doing ok, and got away with it. You won't get away with it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I know, I'll be fine Monday, I've quit for a few weeks or months at a time in the last couple of years.

'...I've quit several times...' !?!?!?!?!?

Really don't mean to 'pile on'..... but really?

Last edited by Muffin; 01/15/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
WEDNESDAY, Jan. 5, 2022 (HealthDay News) -- Millions of people are at increased risk of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and don't even know it, due to a hidden hormone problem in their bodies.

As many as 1 in 10 people have a non-cancerous tumor on one or both of their adrenal glands that could cause the gland to produce excess amounts of the stress hormone cortisol.

Up to now, doctors have thought that these tumors had little impact on your health.

But a new study out of Britain has found that up to half of people with these adrenal tumors are secreting enough excess cortisol to raise their risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Quote: "Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz."

Ah this is a problem. If you regularly drink even half this amount in one day you better taper or get medical supervision particularly with the bp #s. You know what to do. Good luck.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dude, I don’t even like you, but you gotta stop that schitt. If you’re lucky you might stroke out and drop like a rock, but most people will go slowly and miserably from liver or kidney failure.

And, you’re too old to leave a good-looking corpse…

I started my homemade keto on Dec. 12 and am down over 16lbs. Sounds like you did that before; better do it again.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hard livin.

Actually the opposite , I don't work as hard as I used to. Too much telling the help what to do. and not doing the hard work anymore. Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz. Did take the day off, which lately I haven't been able to do since I'm self-employed, back to work tomorrow.

Had a great friend that had been on about the same diet for the last 10 years.
He got a admirable write-up in the local paper this past year.

J.W. Conner III (Trey) was a caring father, grandfather, brother and friend. He left this world suddenly for a new home in Heaven on May 14, 2021 at the age of 59.

He was born to J.W. and Sue Conner on July 6, 1961. The youngest of four children, Trey was a fourth generation Floridian. He grew up in Land o Lakes and as a young "Laker" he loved fishing, hunting, water skiing, frog gigging, golf, tennis and all things Florida.

As a resident of Ozello, Trey became an avid air boat enthusiast and loved nothing more than taking friends, family, and even strangers out for a ride over Ozello's scenic salt marshes that he knew like the back of his hand.

He will be remembered by his family and friends for his fun-loving and big heart, his warm smile, love of assorted music, and the smoked mullet and roasted pig that he artfully cooked in his inherited giant smoker.

Trey is survived by his two loving daughters Chea and Trisha, his sons-in-law Nolan and Randy, and his five grandchildren Paizley, Viv, Parker, Bailey and Whit; his sisters Sandy, Patty and Karen, his ex-wife Traci and his dogs Thor & Gatorbait.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his granddaughter Coraleigh and his beloved dog Daewoo.

In lieu of flowers, please donate to the Marine Science Station. Donations can be made by going to citruseducation.org/donate and designating funds to the Marine Science.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That amount of alcohol consumption you described and that blood pressure, especially diastolic, is alarming.

But, you know that.

Don't have denial lead to a bad outcome. 😉

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No Joking you will be a dead man or have a stroke and be in a Nursing Home soon if you continue on that road.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Good luck.
As others have said, that’s “hard living” on your body.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Why Monday?

19 brews and a jug of turkey,,,,whew!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Quote: "Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz."

Ah this is a problem. If you regularly drink even half this amount in one day you better taper or get medical supervision particularly with the bp #s. You know what to do. Good luck.

not regularly, only sometimes when I'm not working. I do drink a few beers after work but not like when i have a day off and nothing to do.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rong
Why Monday?

19 brews and a jug of turkey,,,,whew!
just because, fixing to go to work so won't have a beer till this evening.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dude!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good luck Roger, I'm praying for you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,276
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.