Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never known anyone to enjoy a coronary or a stroke.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Never known anyone to enjoy Alzheimer's, crapping themselves and outliving family. No offense intended.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mike78

Never known anyone to enjoy Alzheimer's, crapping themselves and outliving family. No offense intended.

I'll take a coronary over that.
Watched my grandpa make 97. No thank you.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by RUM7

I'll take a coronary over that.
Watched my grandpa make 97. No thank you.

Yes sir. Men die of heart attacks by the time they are 65.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roger, You know the drill..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The logical fallacy of the false dichotomy.

It isn't either or. Doing stuff to ensure you are fit and in shape to do the activities you love doesn't mean you will die at 97 of Alzheimer's.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I will hop on the wagon with you Roger.

Been making small improvements this week already.

Cool, here working on this shower, feel good today with this cool-weather even though I only slept two hours.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Cool, here working on this shower, feel good today with this cool-weather even though I only slept two hours.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I had to quit drinking beer a few months ago it didn't agree with my joints. All micro brew stuff. Recently tried some Miller high Life and no problems. I limit myself to one or maybe two if I have an outdoor fire, and do drink whiskey now and then, but not often. My problem is rich food. But what you're doing Roger is alcoholism territory. Seems like you're in denial. That volume of drinking isn't what most sane people would call healthy or sustainable. I think you're gunna get a wakeup call and it ain't gunna be pretty. If you live through it, you'll be changing your ways then, if you're smart. .

no i know it, runs in my family. I quit for twenty yrs while my kids were growing up, i'll do it again for health reasons now. Have already done it once so know i can again. hell I quit a 3 pack a day cigarette habit cold turkey when i stopped drinking back then at the same time.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
You wimped out leaving a quarter of that bottle of Turkey not drunk. And only 19 beers, one shy of 20? Should’ve drank the whole bottle of whiskey and a full case of beer, or kept quiet about it all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That was all that was in the bottle, I only drank it so it wouldn't be around to tempt me.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Always be honest if you have a drinking problem and you go into the hospital. My father in law drank around a 5th a day and mixed a little soda in it. Went into the hospital for congestive heart failure and didn’t tell them anything about drinking daily and he died. Doctor told the family after it was over with that if they would of gave him a drug for withdrawals he would still be alive. He drank Canadian Mist!!! They should of put some of that in is IV!!

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
June B day 58 yr old bro...

Cut back some on the happy juice man.

It's an option.
Cutting back.
If your tolerance to the happy juice is getting up their like you mentioned.

= issues man...

Aint being a dick or trying ta hem ya up, or stand on some higher ground bullschitt...
BTDT with da happy juice.
Aint gotta quit man.
Scale back...
Friday nights. Saturday nights.
Get a buzz.
Ride out the other days.
You will lose some weight I bet.

Ran with the best in the contest on this rock long ago in a galaxy far far away.
Put people to shame.
Lotta money down the toliet bowl.
Literally....

I shouldn't be " preaching" to another member when I,m smoking a pack a day and sometimes more each day myself.

Last edited by renegade50; 01/15/22.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Do drink too much about 19 beers and 3/4 bottle of turkey 101 since 1:30 this morning and barely got a buzz.

Jeezus! That's more than I have drank in two years combined. Stop drinking, join a gym...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

This right here is concerning. It could have a snowball effect. Then what?

There goes the economy!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by smokepole

This right here is concerning. It could have a snowball effect. Then what?

There goes the economy!

Ha! laugh

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Roger, good luck, you know what you need to do and you have a plan.

You can tell a lot of people here care about you and would hate to see anything bad happen.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by poboy
I had to stop by for a check-up on my way to the liquor store Halloween Eve 2016.
The Doc put me in the E.R. with congestive heart failure. I never have made it to
that liquor store, yet. Good Luck Roger.

yeah, you had a good buzz going on back at that first dove hunt.

is that the Rio Grande?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by goalie

The logical fallacy of the false dichotomy.

It isn't either or. Doing stuff to ensure you are fit and in shape to do the activities you love doesn't mean you will die at 97 of Alzheimer's.

It doesn't mean you won't, either. The point being, do what makes you happy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alcoholism
Definition

Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is defined by the American Medical Association (AMA) as "a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations."
Description

Alcoholism is characterized by:
a prolonged period of frequent, heavy alcohol use.

the inability to control drinking once it has begun.

physical dependence manifested by withdrawal symptoms when the individual stops using alcohol.

tolerance, or the need to use more and more alcohol to achieve the same effects.

a variety of social and/or legal problems arising from alcohol use.

The effects of alcoholism are far reaching. Alcohol affects every body system, causing a wide range of health problems. Problems include poor nutrition, memory disorders, difficulty with balance and walking, liver disease (including cirrhosis and hepatitis), high blood pressure, muscle weakness (including the heart), heart rhythm disturbances, anemia, clotting disorders, decreased immunity to infections, gastrointestinal inflammation and irritation, acute and chronic problems with the pancreas, low blood sugar, high blood fat content, interference with reproductive fertility, increased risk of cancer of the liver, esophagus, and breast, weakened bones, sleep disturbances, anxiety, and depression. About 20% of adults admitted to the hospital (for any reason) are alcohol dependent. Men are more than twice as likely to be alcohol dependent than women, and smokers who are alcohol dependent are much more likely to develop serious or fatal health problems associated with alcoholism.
On a personal level, alcoholism, in many cases, leads to difficulties in marital and other relationships, domestic violence, child abuse or neglect, difficulty finding or keeping a job, impaired school or work performance, homelessness, and legal problems such as driving while intoxicated (DUI).
According to information derived from the United States National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiologic Study released in 2006, about 8% of American adults are dependent on alcohol (estimates range from 5-10%). About 34% of adult Americans do not use alcohol at all. Another 44% are occasional or non-dependent users. Alcohol is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States (smoking and obesity rank first and second) and is responsible for about 85,000 deaths annually, about half from injury and half from disease. Alcoholism is involved in about 30% of homicides and 22% of suicides. It is the cause of about 20% of fatal motor vehicle accidents and is a contributing factor in between one-third and one-half of all vehicular accidents. Alcoholism costs the United States about $185 billion annually in costs related to violence, traffic accidents, lost work productivity, and direct medical expenses. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism estimates that at least 6.6 million children under age 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent and that before age 18 about 25% of children are exposed to family alcohol dependency or alcohol abuse.

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by poboy
I had to stop by for a check-up on my way to the liquor store Halloween Eve 2016.
The Doc put me in the E.R. with congestive heart failure. I never have made it to
that liquor store, yet. Good Luck Roger.

yeah, you had a good buzz going on back at that first dove hunt.

is that the Rio Grande?

We were staying in the hill country near Concan, but hunted around Uvalde and south of San Antonio.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Alcoholism
Definition

Alcoholism or alcohol dependence is defined by the American Medical Association (AMA) as "a primary, chronic disease with genetic, psychosocial, and environmental factors influencing its development and manifestations."
Description

Alcoholism is characterized by:
a prolonged period of frequent, heavy alcohol use.

the inability to control drinking once it has begun.

physical dependence manifested by withdrawal symptoms when the individual stops using alcohol.

tolerance, or the need to use more and more alcohol to achieve the same effects.

a variety of social and/or legal problems arising from alcohol use.

The effects of alcoholism are far reaching. Alcohol affects every body system, causing a wide range of health problems. Problems include poor nutrition, memory disorders, difficulty with balance and walking, liver disease (including cirrhosis and hepatitis), high blood pressure, muscle weakness (including the heart), heart rhythm disturbances, anemia, clotting disorders, decreased immunity to infections, gastrointestinal inflammation and irritation, acute and chronic problems with the pancreas, low blood sugar, high blood fat content, interference with reproductive fertility, increased risk of cancer of the liver, esophagus, and breast, weakened bones, sleep disturbances, anxiety, and depression. About 20% of adults admitted to the hospital (for any reason) are alcohol dependent. Men are more than twice as likely to be alcohol dependent than women, and smokers who are alcohol dependent are much more likely to develop serious or fatal health problems associated with alcoholism.
On a personal level, alcoholism, in many cases, leads to difficulties in marital and other relationships, domestic violence, child abuse or neglect, difficulty finding or keeping a job, impaired school or work performance, homelessness, and legal problems such as driving while intoxicated (DUI).
According to information derived from the United States National Longitudinal Alcohol Epidemiologic Study released in 2006, about 8% of American adults are dependent on alcohol (estimates range from 5-10%). About 34% of adult Americans do not use alcohol at all. Another 44% are occasional or non-dependent users. Alcohol is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States (smoking and obesity rank first and second) and is responsible for about 85,000 deaths annually, about half from injury and half from disease. Alcoholism is involved in about 30% of homicides and 22% of suicides. It is the cause of about 20% of fatal motor vehicle accidents and is a contributing factor in between one-third and one-half of all vehicular accidents. Alcoholism costs the United States about $185 billion annually in costs related to violence, traffic accidents, lost work productivity, and direct medical expenses. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism estimates that at least 6.6 million children under age 18 live in households with at least one alcoholic parent and that before age 18 about 25% of children are exposed to family alcohol dependency or alcohol abuse.

And yet, liberalism isn't defined as a disease.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.