Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Smoking a puff of weed or two is likely a hell of a lot better for you than sucking down a bottle rye.

I just don’t enjoy hanging out in the shop blaring DAC near as much with out a cocktail. Lol.

My man!

What about both?

I am MAGA.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
19 beers and 3/4 btl of whiskey? That’s Andre the Giant territory right there. You are probably in much poorer health than you think.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
ATG drank 119 12-oz beers in six hours.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yeah…and he died at 46 of congestive heart failure…

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Everbody knows his name.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

He was over 500 lbs.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Had a few Jack and cokes last night, hung over today.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
19 beers and 3/4 btl of whiskey? That’s Andre the Giant territory right there. You are probably in much poorer health than you think.

got bloodwork done 6 months ago, everything is good, glucose is slightly elevated.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by hanco
Had a few Jack and cokes last night, hung over today.

Todays cure is tomorrows hangover

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Damn, that's quite the package for one doob.

wtf is that, is that a joint?

I guess so, new to me.

Buddy brought it over and i was thinking wtf?

It never left the plastic tube.

Speaking of hangovers, I just rolled outta bed.

Called in sick. Those cows can eat tomorrow...

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T

got bloodwork done 6 months ago, everything is good, glucose is slightly elevated.

Thats good.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm amazed when I see middle aged people that aren't bothered by a hangover. Why would i purposely want to feel like schit on my day off? Go for a hike, join a gym, etc. If you're living the right lifestyle, alcohol doesn't work. I drank with the best of them in my 20's, but I grew out of it.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm amazed when I see middle aged people that aren't bothered by a hangover. Why would i purposely want to feel like schit on my day off? Go for a hike, join a gym, etc. If you're living the right lifestyle, alcohol doesn't work. I drank with the best of them in my 20's, but I grew out of it.

Professional drinkers have mild hangovers. I used to be one. Now, I drink very little at a time. Get buzzed but never drunk. I have a tremendous hangover now if I do get drunk. Not worth it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Axtell
One other thing while I do drink a lot of beer, I seldom drink liquor. That bottle of turkey had been sitting for months. I feel good this morning fixing to take off to Alice tx and try and finish up that shower by Tuesday.

You may addicted to sugar, not alcohol.

If you reduce carbs to 5% or less of your calories you will know.

An anecdote along these lines. I had a relative that pickled his liver (cirrhosis) by drinking tons of beer for 40 or 50 years. His doctor made him quit. Up until that time he would tell you that he didn't care that much for sweets. After quitting the beer he started drinking fruit juice and slamming candy bars and sweets. His body was craving the carbs he was used to getting via the beer.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Professional drinkers have mild hangovers. I used to be one. Now, I drink very little at a time. Get buzzed but never drunk. I have a tremendous hangover now if I do get drunk. Not worth it.

Sheesh, I get hungover if a get buzzed at all nowadays.
Out of practice, that's for sure.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Wagons are for quitters.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Roger,

My BP was up there with yours and I’ve worked hard to get it back in line. Thinking about a stroke was what got me going down that path. Dying is one thing, being a vegetable and being reliant on someone to do everything for you is another. Get help, Buddy!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by steveredd1
last January had to get a new doctor, got a phone call from his nurse that he was changing my BP meds. In about a week I stated have bad headaches, got appointment with my new doctors PA and when checking in my BP was 280 over 175. PA want to call a ambulance and have me takin to the ER, the doctor told the PA to just give me a Rx of hydralazine and send me home. left the office and drove myself to the ER which I caught heck from the ER doctors. Was admitted and got it all straightened out, why my new doc changed my BP Rx to begin with is a is mystery. They did la work while at the ER and my kidney functions were low high so I got a kidney doctor and he adjusted my medication for my blood pressure and straightened it all out, it's now 120 over 78
last dr I had put me on lisinopril. I had been taking clonidine and was working. I started coughing so bad on the lisinopril I strain the muscle in my lower abdomen. switched Dr's to one who would listen to me.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.