If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

LMFAO

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Knorr instant pasta is pretty good stuff. One of my quickie meals is a pack of Knorr noodles, some broccoli, a can of tuna, and a can of mushroom soup.

Boil the noodles and the broccoli, chop up the broccoli, then put the noodles and broccoli in an oven proof dish, stir in the can of tuna and the mushroom soup,...bake it for a while.

About $4.50 for more than you can eat at one setting.

This stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Knorr-Pasta-...&hvtargid=pla-973546513811&psc=1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Strangely enough... make sure to look up Ramen noodles on Youtube... the Asian people do a lot of different things with them and make some really good dishes... Most not even using the spice packets...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prisoners are the ones who can make some sjit with Ramen noodles.

Fuugers make casseroles with them, cheetos and some other stuff.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Food section...sticky...yum...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Sako
Strangely enough... make sure to look up Ramen noodles on Youtube... the Asian people do a lot of different things with them and make some really good dishes... Most not even using the spice packets...

Real ramen is like in Kamo Gari's pictures, it's got very little in common with the instant packages we have in the U.S. A lot of Japanese noodle shops make their noodles in house every day. A bowl of spicy ramen with pork on top with a half dozen gyoza and a beer is a pretty heavenly meal.

I'm in Japan right now but unfortunately because of Covid rules I'm restricted to the hotel. There are a half dozen noodle shops within a couple blocks of me but I can't go to them. Kamo Gari's pictures have my mouth watering.

Ippudo is a big ramen chain in Japan and they're pretty good. It looks like they've opened a couple of restaurants in the U.S.

https://ippudo-us.com/menu/

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Santa Ramen. San Mateo, CA.

Not the best I’ve had, but good enough.

Haven’t been there in years, I guess they’re on El Camino now? And yes, there was a reason for the long line outside back in the day….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have a few 24 packs of Cup o' noodles as my emergency food supply.

My son will break into them when he is hungry and doesn't want to put any effort into eating them. He buys a bag of the pre cooked pulled chicken and uses with whatever spice he grabs off the shelf.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/17/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The local sewage treatment plant serving about 300,000 people, incoming screen: Hundreds of used condoms, great gobs of “flushable wipes”, the occasional dead critter, and daily rafts of empty top ramen noodle packages floating high and mostly dry on top.

They have no idea who’s flushing them, maybe a Chinese restaurant somewhere?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Ain’t lived till you’ve combined a package of beef ramen with a can of Boy R D raviolis. Yessir. Try it slum. Or, those fancy pants ravs from Aldi’s.

Also like to have a can of spam handy. A million and 1 uses.

Just when I start to think we have something’s in common, you go all in with some 3rd world cooking recipes that would make a rat shît himself.

Lol

🦫

Hahahaha!
Duck and weave

Check out my response to Valsdad in the SPAM thread and it will make more sense.

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 01/17/22.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

Bad electric bill?

$800 squatted truck payment killing ya?

Ramen for a month

Not bad, I took it hiking often

10cent a pack

Ever check the sodium content in that stuff. One serving is your sodium limit for the day.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Ramen was my lunch, along with a yogurt, at work for years. I didn't have time to actually take a lunch break, so it worked well and was cheap. Folks were giving me cook books for it, and I got several cases from them when I retired 2 years ago. They're still sitting on the shelf and I won't eat it again as long as I live.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
YouTube up some Ramen Bombs for backpacking. Oh so good. Ramen, Idaho instant taters and spam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spice it up by adding the juice from a can of Vienna Sausages. Otherwise, I will put a can of chicken chunks or tuna in it.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
After going through this thread, I know what I am having for lunch every day.. Some of you guys have made it sound better than it usually is!
I am not sure I could eat noodles with an Octopus tentacle in it though. grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Real ramen is like in Kamo Gari's pictures, it's got very little in common with the instant packages we have in the U.S. A lot of Japanese noodle shops make their noodles in house every day. A bowl of spicy ramen with pork on top with a half dozen gyoza and a beer is a pretty heavenly meal.

I'm in Japan right now but unfortunately because of Covid rules I'm restricted to the hotel. There are a half dozen noodle shops within a couple blocks of me but I can't go to them. Kamo Gari's pictures have my mouth watering.

Ippudo is a big ramen chain in Japan and they're pretty good. It looks like they've opened a couple of restaurants in the U.S.

Hey CW. Thanks for the response. Are you under the newer 4 or 7 day mandatory Q restriction on this trip post arrival? My wife hasn't been willing to deal with the whole Q requirement nonsense so hasn't been to get back to see her family in Tokyo for over two years. Are you at Narita or Haneda, or in a different part of the country?

As far as getting ramen or any other, quality sit down grub, might I suggest trying to get your hotel staff/concierge to order something local for you to be delivered to your cell, I man room? wink Many, if not most little mom and pop type neighborhood places around metro Tokyo will deliver daily. As you probably know, many of those guys you see zooming around town in white aprons driving the 2 and 3 wheeled motorized scooters/mopeds are delivering food, including steaming hot bowls of ramen. My guess is they'll deliver food to your hotel no problem--though with the COVID silliness not sure. The only thing is that the places that deliver ramen/udon type stuff require that you leave the clean bowls for them when you're done so they can pick them up after. These old school type places will prepare and send you hot food out using real dishes and bowls, not plastic recyclable type stuff that goes in the trash. Of course, getting bento boxes delivered could maybe hold you over until you're 'cleared' and can head out and eat as you please.

Safe travels and eat up. And yes, Ippudo is pretty damned good. Hitting a ramen joint at 2am-4am after a night of fun and before the first train in the morning is a thing, and has been since I was introduced to the pastime in the 80s. Loading up on good hot food like ramen seems to help keep the Japanese hangover monster at bay when he shows up with the sunrise...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kennymauser
After going through this thread, I know what I am having for lunch every day.. Some of you guys have made it sound better than it usually is!
I am not sure I could eat noodles with an Octopus tentacle in it though. grin

Why not on the tentacle? It's kind of a cool feeling when it grabs onto your liver and starts squeezing some.

wink

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by Sako

Yes, mom and pop ramen noodle houses are great places to eat in Japan. I also like it served with the pork slices.

If you fly out of Narita there’s a noodle shop on the same street the big temple is on, right hand side. All the flight crews eat there and it’s full of airlines give aways.

Last edited by CRJ1960; 01/17/22.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
there is always a sealed plastic container full of it at my camp. it is awesome with just a little water to get it softened up. made many a meal on it when i did not have anything else.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,704 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,953
Posts18,519,323
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.