Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
It's way too slow. Faith is too damned old to be having a 5 year old child. Sam Elliot is too far past his prime to be playing a badass. Tim used a 1885 Highwall rifle to shoot a deer with his son. I don't think he's playing the role all that well. His attitude and facial expression doesn't change, not much versatility on display. The cast seems forced to me. It's fantasy drama trying to give the illusion of real-life crisis. Don't even get me started on the 15-year-old girl.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
GB4

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I despise McGraw and his wife, but I have to say he’s playing this part really damn well. Old lady used to be hot, wtf happened to her face? Plastic surgery I’d imagine.

She’s like almost all of those women that get famous. They are beautiful to begin with. Then they start trying to get more beautiful and it’s all down hill from there.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mentioned this on another thread but that scene with Billy Bob Thorton was pretty badass

"there is only one killer in this town and that's me"

here is what I know - if I lived back then, I'd be the dumb sonofabitch that dies from a snakebite taking a schit

It is moving pretty slow with sporadic gunfights - but I assume they gotta stretch out a trip from Texas to Oregon for an entire season.

Also, I'm glad that woman shot herself in the head. Damn she was annoying. - sorry if that's a spoiler for someone just started watching

Last edited by KFWA; 01/17/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody post up a screenshot of Faith Hill-pioneer-woman nekkid in the creek, not watching it otherwise.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
I mentioned this on another thread but that scene with Billy Bob Thorton was pretty badass

"there is only one killer in this town and that's me"

here is what I know - if I lived back then, I'd be the dumb sonofabitch that dies from a snakebite taking a schit

It is moving pretty slow with sporadic gunfights - but I assume they gotta stretch out a trip from Texas to Oregon for an entire season.

Also, I'm glad that woman shot herself in the head. Damn she was annoying. - sorry if that's a spoiler for someone just started watching

That woman that offed herself had a daughter and she was a chip off the old block. I would have traded them for a lb of dry beans to the first meskins or indians I ran into.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dubiedog
. Don't even get me started on the 15-year-old girl.

Yeah, I don't like the fact that they narrate through her, I'm not interested in her perspective.

Plus, an obvious bottle-blond going west in a wagon train is not what you'd call historically accurate.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the show doesn't need narration - its just filler.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wife calls it Little House on the Prairie with sex and violence. I think she watches it just to criticize it.

Last edited by FatCity67; 01/17/22. Reason: Mel Tillis

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FatCity67

Wife calls it Little House House on the Prairie with sex and violence. I think she watches it just to criticize it.

Just like the wives on here lol

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wife calls it Little House on the Prairie with sex and violence. I think she watches it just to criticize it.

Ha!

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Me and wifey like it, anything with Sam is good!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The horse flesh is first rate, the death rate seems pretty realistic and the guns have to be reloaded. Ots worth an hour a week to watch.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Wife calls it Little House House on the Prairie with sex and violence. I think she watches it just to criticize it.

Everybody's a critic. But it's still better than 99% of the crap on TV.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

Everybody's a critic. But it's still better than 99% of the crap on TV.

This

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dubiedog
It's way too slow. Faith is too damned old to be having a 5 year old child. Sam Elliot is too far past his prime to be playing a badass. Tim used a 1885 Highwall rifle to shoot a deer with his son. I don't think he's playing the role all that well. His attitude and facial expression doesn't change, not much versatility on display. The cast seems forced to me. It's fantasy drama trying to give the illusion of real-life crisis. Don't even get me started on the 15-year-old girl.

Actually that rifle is period correct. John Browning developed his highwall in 1878 and patented it in October 1879 and went into production. John and his brothers manufactured around 600 highwalls before selling the rights to General Manager of Winchester T.G. Bennett in 1883 for $8000,00.

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tommy Lee Jones was good as Capt. Call in Lonesome Dove, one of my favorite western series. I also read the book. Then the sumbitch did radio ads and robo calls here in PA, urging us to vote for his buddy AlWhore. Claimed AlWhore was not going to take our guns. Enough of that.

Liked most everything Sam Elliot has done in westerns. Then he did TV ad narrations for Joe Biteme's campaign.

Liked some of McGraw's early tunes, but as he's turned out to be a rabid Libturd, got no use for him either.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I quit Sam Elliott when he went ridin' with Biden. Fake Portland cowboy.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The Yellowstone dude Forrie J Smith is better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm streaming it. Decent entertainment.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dubePA
Tommy Lee Jones was good as Capt. Call in Lonesome Dove, one of my favorite western series. I also read the book. Then the sumbitch did radio ads and robo calls here in PA, urging us to vote for his buddy AlWhore. Claimed AlWhore was not going to take our guns. Enough of that.

well they were roommates in college so I'm not surprised to read that

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,283
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.