Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
At @23 minute mark of the 1st episode, I think the color of the shoe lace wasn't correct for the time period.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by dubePA
Tommy Lee Jones was good as Capt. Call in Lonesome Dove, one of my favorite western series. I also read the book. Then the sumbitch did radio ads and robo calls here in PA, urging us to vote for his buddy AlWhore. Claimed AlWhore was not going to take our guns. Enough of that.

Liked most everything Sam Elliot has done in westerns. Then he did TV ad narrations for Joe Biteme's campaign.

Liked some of McGraw's early tunes, but as he's turned out to be a rabid Libturd, got no use for him either.

This about sums up my opinions! +1 dubePA

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I am watching it and enjoying it because it is a western. My minor pet peeves are that the men seem to have been armed at a Cowboy Action Shooting club meeting, with a uniform armament of two revolvers including a crossdraw, the wagons only have two horses each instead of 6 oxen, the herd of "wild" cattle included a bunch of Herefords, and a bunch of people drowned in a river that was only waist deep. But, who cares? It's a western, which is a rare commodity these days.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I were trying to find it last night. And from what I’m gathering you have to pay for it now?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
It's only on Paramount Plus, which is a subscription streaming service. But you can do a free or low cost trial.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by Whelenman
My wife and I were trying to find it last night. And from what I’m gathering you have to pay for it now?

So are Taylor Sheridan's other two TV series, "Mayor of Kingstown", as will his Yellowstone 'spinoff' series, "6666" be.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The colorful scarves the gypsy chick had looked screen printed. Definitely not authentic.

And the piano the chick played, pffft. Like that thing would still be in tune.

Totally ridiculous. I can’t believe anyone watches it.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Typical Hollywood. out of touch with reality but somewhat entertaining.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I am watching it and enjoying it because it is a western. My minor pet peeves are that the men seem to have been armed at a Cowboy Action Shooting club meeting, with a uniform armament of two revolvers including a crossdraw, the wagons only have two horses each instead of 6 oxen, the herd of "wild" cattle included a bunch of Herefords, and a bunch of people drowned in a river that was only waist deep. But, who cares? It's a western, which is a rare commodity these days.

Yep. I laughed when I saw the Herefords in that herd of Longhorns.
And the Brazos where they crossed isn’t too far down the road from our Ranch. You’d be damn lucky to find a 2 foot deep hole anywhere along that section of it. Unless they had 24” s of rain in the last 48 hours.
We still had the wagon my Great Great Great Grandfather came to TX in when I was a kid. Used to play in it.
I’ve still got the harnesses and reins for it in the barn. It was set up for 4 horses. But Great GrandDad said they only used 2 horses with it quite a bit when he was a kid. Depending on what they were hauling. And he said they mostly used mules to pull it. The same ones he used to plow with.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/17/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sucks. And F Tim McGraw.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven’t seen it at all but I’ll bet the bird calls are from species not found there and even if they are will be out of season.

Just my $0.02

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't worry about the birdcalls as much as the inaccurate depiction of African Americans. In episode #2 they were shown drinking Colt 45 Malt Liquor out of a can.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
The 3rd horse shoe nail on the left hind hoof on the horse Sam Elliot rides somtimes isnt crimped like they used to do back then,, also those hay burners arent correct either,, mostly rode morgans at that time,, and I seen sombodies hair parted on the wrong side,,, Its a show!!!!

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't watch those show. I tend to be anti subscription.

But, do any of you watch anything without batching about a liberal actor, or period pieces 5 years off????

Seriously don't think I need to check the political affiliation of every actor in everything I watch.

They are just our era's court jesters. Nothing more, nothing less. Who gives a scheit about their beliefs. Either enjoy the show, or don't watch.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
+1

I AM AMERICA!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You all realize the Jetson’s wasn’t real and Matt Dillon was not a real sheriff right?

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
I don't worry about the birdcalls as much as the inaccurate depiction of African Americans. In episode #2 they were shown drinking Colt 45 Malt Liquor out of a can.
But was their basketball time period correct?

I AM AMERICA!
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Lets pick apart a john Wayne movie next,,,

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole

Word.

Check this out...... hermit thrushes, HERMIT THRUSHES.... in Compton..... crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hell yeah Matt Dillon wasn't a sheriff. He was a (fictional) Dodge City, Kansas town marshal. smile

And yeah I'll pizz'n moan about actors who are on record as opposing the private ownership of firearms, yet have made much of their money using firearms in TV shows and movies.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 48 invisible), 1,850 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,003
Posts18,481,357
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.