Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kwg020
I wish it wasn't such a long drive. We have to buy the hogs to have hog roasts up here. It get's to cold for them to survive a winter outside in central Iowa. I'd love to be down your way and help you out. I'll be completely retired next year. Save a few for me.

kwg

Don't worry, they would survive up there in the cold.

Pretty sure they make it in Michigan just fine.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JGRaider
The pea-brained Adirondak Queen has a tough life.
Probably not nearas tough as a dumbo eared Texican retard. Musta been a bitch going through life looking like that. LOL

Mean 'ol deer, chewing up AQ's yard....it'll be OK.
Mean ol' hogs tearin' up his buddies ranch and eatin' up all JGretards deer feeder corn. It'll be alright lil dumbo ears. LOL

Dummy.

Get you some depredation tags.....save your yard, dry up those crocodile tears.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have seen what hogs can do to a golf course in one night, but I would never gut shoot any animal

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
The pea-brained Adirondak Queen has a tough life.
Probably not nearas tough as a dumbo eared Texican retard. Musta been a bitch going through life looking like that. LOL

Mean 'ol deer, chewing up AQ's yard....it'll be OK.
Mean ol' hogs tearin' up his buddies ranch and eatin' up all JGretards deer feeder corn. It'll be alright lil dumbo ears. LOL

Dummy.

Get you some depredation tags.....save your yard, dry up those crocodile tears.
I don't want them killed dummy. If you had the reading comprehension abilities of a 3rd grader you'd have already deduced that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kwg020
Don’t worry. There will be twice as many running around when you retire.

GoTigersGo
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have seen what hogs can do to a golf course in one night, but I would never gut shoot any animal

Never shot groundhogs, gophers, or prairie dogs?

MAGA
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have shot a few groundhogs

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Headshots only then?

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I only take 300 yard head shots on Prairie Dogs. 😜

Not much more fun than setting in a Prairie Dog Town that’s a couple of miles square with thousands of rounds of ammo.
It’s just about the most Legal fun you can have with a varmint rifle.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
IME, you can't shoot'em fast enough to make a real dent.

Where I hunt, local land owners got the state's professional trapper involved. He's got a neat set up, knows what he's doing. He can monitor traps from his cell phone. When the trap is full, he trips it remotely, calls the locals who go kill them and haul them off. One time he was a hundred miles away when he tripped the trap, made the call.

I have seen a difference since he's been involved, much less rooted up real estate. Even then you'll never get them all. Gotta stay after them, can't let up or they'll be back in force.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 01/17/22.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I don't want them killed dummy. If you had the reading comprehension abilities of a 3rd grader you'd have already deduced that.

Just pull your trailer over ta where the deer are eatin your bushes.

Smell will keep em away.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Just pull your trailer over ta where the deer are eatin your bushes.

Smell will keep em away.
Well now I do have land and bushes and trees and woods and an apple orchard. Which is more than you can say Fuucktardski.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I only take 300 yard head shots on Prairie Dogs. 😜

Not much more fun than setting in a Prairie Dog Town that’s a couple of miles square with thousands of rounds of ammo.
It’s just about the most Legal fun you can have with a varmint rifle.
Betcha get a real thrill outta intentionally gut shootin' 'em and watchin 'em squirm huh ? Do you use .22 short solids to get maximum squirm time too ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't ask on the net, just do what ya gotta do and stfu

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting to wound is wrong. Kill them and drag them off. But if you can show that your neighbor is bringing in hogs why not take legal action with a restraining order and a suit for damages if you ask him to stop and he won't. Importing hogs is not uncommon by folks that have hog dogs. Especially those that guide paying hunters. It is I believe illegal in Mississippi as it is in Louisiana.. Before you take legal action you might give him the opportunity to agree to stop transporting hogs in and agree to work with you jointly on killing out the trap wise older hogs. Traps and snares work but you have to stay after it. If you happen to shoot a sow that has some shoats with her the shoats will easily go into a trap. By all means if you have a choice shoot the productive females.

We had a neighbor for a while that was transporting hogs in. That's where we got our Russian hybrid hogs that now dominate. One day while I was still a game warden I visited him with a photograph of 17 hogs I trapped, shot dead and stacked in a truck. I told him he either needed to quit moving live hogs around or be ready for trouble. He sold out and moved but we still have remnants of his hogs that we hold down the population by relentless shooting snaring and trapping.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hastings,
Back in the mid 70’s we hog hunted out of Pearsall, SW of San Antonio, Tx. There were brought in some high-strain Russian stock to intentionally breed w ferals. Well they developed what they wanted and were and are big and fierce. Much more so than just run of mill ferals, which often as you know have a lot of production hog genetics.
I see that similar in an operation up in Michigan w the bruisers. Cold weather notwithstanding.
I’ll bet some of the South Texas guys know exactly what I’m talking about.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gkt5450
Hastings,
Back in the mid 70’s we hog hunted out of Pearsall, SW of San Antonio, Tx. There were brought in some high-strain Russian stock to intentionally breed w ferals. Well they developed what they wanted and were and are big and fierce. Much more so than just run of mill ferals, which often as you know have a lot of production hog genetics.
I see that similar in an operation up in Michigan w the bruisers. Cold weather notwithstanding.
I’ll bet some of the South Texas guys know exactly what I’m talking about.

The Russian swine are tough and aggressive and apparently do the majority of the breeding. I would post pictures but don't know how. They are pretty distinctive with a snout longer than a domestic but shorter than the Razorback feral hog.. The Russian is pretty large in his shoulders compared to his smaller hips. They have a mat of curly matted hair next to their hide with serious thick guard hair sticking out from that. They are equipped to survive. There isn't much they won't eat. I shot a 20 pounder this afternoon and I won't be a bit surprised if his 4 surviving litter mates don't return to eat him. They were unaccompanied so I assume mama pig is dead. If they hang around I'll trap them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’d love to make a trip down there to humanely shoot a few. Let me know if you’re interested.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
22LR at base of the ear will kill about any hog as long as you can line it up. Lung shot hogs with 22Lr might die yes.. but it may be hard to tell if they did since they will run off. 22WMR can be used for humane body shooting under the right circumstances. I used to shoot a lot at a friends banana plantation at night. Due to being a small property near town, about 30 acres he wanted to keep noise to a minimum( also no supressors allowed for hunting here). We would usually draw the hogs in to feed over some old bananas and snapshoot them to about 40 yards to the body under a red spotlight. We didnt have time to line them up with headshots once the light hit them. It was normal for the pigs to run once hit, we would find them the next morning some distance away in the paddocks. These were only medium sized hogs btw, largest about 220lbs.

The 22WMR was to go-to until we started loading 357 carbines with 38 special to just under or over the speed of sound. . A cast just under speed of sound will drill them well from reasonable angles, though they may still run a ways. I prefer something like a 158XTP to about 1100-1150ps these days. You will still have velocity to get 50cal expansion to about 50 yards and sound is no worse than 22WMR, at least to my ears. If you are in the US and can use a suppressor in your area, I'd consider a 9mm, 357 carbine or even better a 44 mag carbine. Slip one of those into the lungs and forget what the hog or neighbours dog does after that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Hogs are just so being hogs, meaning whatever they are doing is within their nature. They may need to be killed, that is also part of nature, but there’s no need to cause them extra pain and suffering. They didn’t do anything “wrong” and they certainly can’t learn anything from that type of death.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 63 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.