Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My condolences, sorry for your loss, a true nightmare

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll add my condolences and prayers for you and your family. I'm extremely sorry that you had to go through this and I know it won't be easy for you for a long while. As others have said, take care of yourself now and do what you can to move on, but not forget your love and the love you two shared. I pray that the healing takes place in your heart as quickly as possible.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Darn.......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am very sorry for your loss, Shaun. I can't imagine what you are going through. Take care of yourself.

Mark

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Glad you got to be there for it.

Nobody could have done a better or more caring job.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Condolences and best to you and your family.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sorry for your loss.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I'm sorry to hear this. Nothing I or anyone else says can provide the comfort you need. Counseling is a solid recommendation. Remember the good times.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My sincere condolences Shaun.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thank you all for taking the time to offer condolences and prayers, especially those who have suffered a similar loss. It means a lot that so many would reach out, even if just to type a few words offered in kindness.

It's been a rough month. The holidays weren't easy.

I believed myself prepared for the eventuality. The cancer thing in 2015 was bad, thought I was going to lose her then. But she beat it for damn near 7 years, which is unheard of with stage IV cancer. Those years were a blessing, and we had many conversations about her leaving this world before me. She figured the cancer would come back and wanted me to be ready for it.

I wasn't.

Yesterday, I got up before sunrise so I could drop our new puppy off at the vet to get spayed. We were going to breed her with our red tri-color male, but there's no way I can look after a litter of puppies now. The dogs are home alone for 11-12 hours while I'm working. Those two took to each other like peas and carrots, as Forest would say, and that makes me smile every time I see them together. Puppies or no, they're mates now. I came home and got the red beans and sausage cooking. Went back to town and picked her up in the afternoon. She was a little groggy, and didn't eat much, slept with me last night. She's outside with the others now, back to normal.

We drove to Fort Cobb, OK to buy this pup on 9/27. 1056 mile round trip. It was our last adventure together. We got one more camping/woodcutting trip to our mountain property after that then settled in for winter.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I don't really know why I posted about my situation here. I'm a private guy, usually keep myself to myself. Something prompted me to. Maybe it was Victoria.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Shaun

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
You have lived my worse fear. I am humbled

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I’m praying for you brother.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Im sorry Im so late to this thread. Im also deeply sorry for your loss. I don't want to even imagine what its like but the older we get, the more we think about it. Id be lost without my wife, she has helped make me the man I am today and I shudder in fear of what I may have became without her by my side for the last 40 years.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PS: I pray no Russians John Wick your dog. Added for humor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So sorry for your loss.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks for sharing Shaun.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My biggest fear, I am sorry you had to go though this and wish you nothing but the best.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
Thank you all for taking the time to offer condolences and prayers, especially those who have suffered a similar loss. It means a lot that so many would reach out, even if just to type a few words offered in kindness.

It's been a rough month. The holidays weren't easy.

I believed myself prepared for the eventuality. The cancer thing in 2015 was bad, thought I was going to lose her then. But she beat it for damn near 7 years, which is unheard of with stage IV cancer. Those years were a blessing, and we had many conversations about her leaving this world before me. She figured the cancer would come back and wanted me to be ready for it.

I wasn't.

Yesterday, I got up before sunrise so I could drop our new puppy off at the vet to get spayed. We were going to breed her with our red tri-color male, but there's no way I can look after a litter of puppies now. The dogs are home alone for 11-12 hours while I'm working. Those two took to each other like peas and carrots, as Forest would say, and that makes me smile every time I see them together. Puppies or no, they're mates now. I came home and got the red beans and sausage cooking. Went back to town and picked her up in the afternoon. She was a little groggy, and didn't eat much, slept with me last night. She's outside with the others now, back to normal.

We drove to Fort Cobb, OK to buy this pup on 9/27. 1056 mile round trip. It was our last adventure together. We got one more camping/woodcutting trip to our mountain property after that then settled in for winter.

Anyway, I'm rambling. I don't really know why I posted about my situation here. I'm a private guy, usually keep myself to myself. Something prompted me to. Maybe it was Victoria.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Shaun

This place feels like family after awhile! I told my wife when I go, make sure and come on here and tell everyone. Everyone I've met from this board in person has been a jam up guy or gal.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Very sorry Shaun.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
No words could help ease the pain , but prayers for you and your family at this time.. Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 7mm_Loco, 13 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,094
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.