Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16854911 01/18/22
M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ordered a rifle from them. Paid on Thursday and it said four to seven days. Just got an email from them saying they have an unprecedented delay in shipping.

BS. Two days ago they had zero slowdown when they took my money? Wonder why they didn't say "we will take your money but it will be delayed" BEFORE I sent them money.

Really tired of businesses taking advantage of covid and delays and jacking prices and blaming everything on covid.

I know this from experience because it was one of the reasons I quit my QC job almost two years ago when they literally told me to lie to customers and take the brunt of the anger in favor of holding their money longer

Last edited by mjbgalt; 01/18/22.
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by mathman
A local store that does FFL transfers has a sign up about not accepting anything from Bud's.

Wow.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yikes.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Looking again at their site, they do a layaway where, if you haven't paid it off in 60 days, they cancel the order and keep all the money.

Wow, that is shady. Guess I am done with them for good.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

wonder why that is ?

I have bought 2-3 guns from Buds and never had an issue , maybe they were on the slow side to get stuff shipped out

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought one from them a few years back with no issue. But that was before the TP shortage.

Buds BBB

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
But look...zero customer service is actually a GOOD thing...

1) If you have placed an order and received a confirmation number we do have your order. Although shipping is delayed substantially beyond our standard terms, the website is automatically securing your item(s) as they are ordered. Our limited staff is currently only reaching out to customers when there is an actual issue with their order. So... not hearing from us is actually a good thing. Repeated attempts by hundreds of thousands of people to check the status of their order is not going to help expedite anyone's order. It only makes it more difficult for us to assist those relative handful of customers who actually require human assistance to resolve an issue with their existing order.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Same as ER Shaw...sure. send us your money and then whoops surprise, huge delay we already knew about when we took your money and quoted the time frame wayyy shorter than it now is.

Oh. And if you cancel your order with Buds they keep all your money. No refunds or exchanges.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Stop payment or roll with their punches! Good luck.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Buds sux. I stopped buying from them years ago. And Hickok45 can go suck a dick for promoting Buds too.

Last edited by MadTrapper375; 01/18/22.

I spend all my money on loose women and trapping supplies.....The rest I just waste.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

wonder why that is ?

I have bought 2-3 guns from Buds and never had an issue , maybe they were on the slow side to get stuff shipped out

Shop I dealt with got pissy cause Bud’s was cutting their throats by 60-70$

lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The same with the CMP. When they get your order for a rifle or other product they send what has been called the DNBU email. The Do Not Bother Us email. If you are ordering a rifle it might be months before a rifle becomes available. You have to trust them they have not forgotten you. Things out of the E-store tend to come right away but anything firearm could be months out.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
And that is fine. If you disclose it before the sale. You don't pretend to be super nice and service oriented and then do a 180 after getting the money

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

1) If you have placed an order and received a confirmation number we do have your order. Although shipping is delayed substantially beyond our standard terms, the website is automatically securing your item(s) as they are ordered. Our limited staff is currently only reaching out to customers when there is an actual issue with their order. So... not hearing from us is actually a good thing. Repeated attempts by hundreds of thousands of people to check the status of their order is not going to help expedite anyone's order. It only makes it more difficult for us to assist those relative handful of customers who actually require human assistance to resolve an issue with their existing order.

"Hundreds of thousands" my foot!
Who do they think they are, dupont?
I'm with you, how about cash on delivery? Then my money can make me money until it's exchanged for goods.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger

wonder why that is ?

Shop I dealt with got pissy cause Bud’s was cutting their throats by 60-70$

lol

I thought of that too, but Buds is the ONLY one they don't transfer for. So I guess losing sales isn't the issue, just dealing with Buds.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by OGB

"Hundreds of thousands" my foot!
Who do they think they are, dupont?
I'm with you, how about cash on delivery? Then my money can make me money until it's exchanged for goods.

Exactly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I’m sorry for your trouble. I’ve had some trouble this year with items sent East by the USPS taking up to two and three weeks.

But I need to give a shout-out to The Hunters’ Trading Post in Weymouth, MA. I bought a shotgun from them on GI the first week in December. My cashiers check sent by certified mail got lost enroute somewhere in or around Memphis, Tn, and after three weeks of my bank watching it, I canceled payment.

The whole time the gun shop was patient when presumably, they could have given me a deadline, and sold it to someone else. My next check got there in timely manner. They sent it out the day they received my check (last Thursday) and my receiving FFL got it in two week days, and over the MLK weekend. And I thought the shipping charge was low to begin with.

Hope things work out for you.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Same as ER Shaw...sure. send us your money and then whoops surprise, huge delay we already knew about when we took your money and quoted the time frame wayyy shorter than it now is.

Oh. And if you cancel your order with Buds they keep all your money. No refunds or exchanges.

Ordered a 10/22 barrel from Shaw and it was at my door 2 days later

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah, it was in stock. Try ordering something they have to make.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.