Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
People complaining about ounces. Lol.

Go buy a leupold, they are lightweight. Really robust too...lol.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would rather it be closer to 20 ounces than closer to 30. I didn’t expect it to be any lighter or cheaper than it is. I will pre order one though. Not a complaint just kinda shooting the bull about a new scope is all.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I don't understand the hubble telescope concept on a hunting rifle. I do however like their scopes for a target rifle. The Nightforce SHV as an alternative is going backwards for more money.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Agree with a lot of what is posted here so far. Checks a lot of boxes, but misses the mark in certain areas as well. It seems like the scope a lot of us would be interested in, but after perusing the specs, I'll be passing for now for the following reasons:

Without seeing it up close, it's tough to say, but I'm figuring the reticle will leave some to be desired, especially on low X. The turret would be better low profile. For 28 ounces I'd just schlep an NF around and be done with it.

What they should've done was come out with something very similar to the discontinued Bushnell LRHS/LRTS 3-12. Rugged, reliable, nice overall size and weight. Good FFP reticles that were usable throughout the X range. Low profile, 10 mil per rev elevation turret. Good quality glass.

I hope they do well and I give them credit for expanding the hunting oriented FFP offerings.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What ever happened to Trevor? I miss that guy.
Always wondered why he quit posting here.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain

He went back to work for Leupold.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I think they covered the bases pretty well with these 4 offerings.

--FFP with MIL reticle and turrets, capped windage and zero stop elevation
--FFP MOA for the guys who don't do MIL.
--SFP with capped elevation and windage for the guys who don't want a big exposed elevation knob, plus a simple T-Plex reticle
--SFP with a BDC reticle for the guys who are really weird (sorry, had to! laugh)

They check a lot of boxes for the different crowds. My ONLY gripe is the weight. 28oz is tough for me to accept. I was just getting over the fact that I had to go to a 18-20oz scope to get reliable adjustments and RTZ....a full half-pound more than that? Not sure I can accept that just yet.

They certainly had my interest until I got to the weight. A Nightforce NX8 weighs 28 ounces. Granted it costs right at twice as much, but you could always use the Nightforce as a club if you were out of ammo and needed to beat something to death. I still think these will be good sellers though, but I am not banging down the door for one. If size and weight isn’t an issue I highly recommend their 34mm Toric 5.5-30x monster. It weighs around 36 ounces and is built like a tank. I was 100% impressed with it but returned it as the build I was planning didn’t work out.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
H
Heeler Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by jackmountain

He went back to work for Leupold.

TFF

He went over yonder way
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
BDC reticles are 25 year old technology. There is nothing more accurate or simple as using the dial. "Here, play with these unlabeled holdover dots and see if any match your gun" 🙄

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I like to dial fine, but it is very easy to figure out where the bdc lines/dots fit your rifle.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
And that is why they offer both. It doesn’t matter which is better if you have people wanting to buy both of them.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology
At that price point, it's an easy pass for me. At 1k+ I'd rather drop a bit more and get a NF or S&B

The Tract will not disappoint. I have both and the Tract is impressive when compared side by side

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
O
OGB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Literally, just ordered a Toric 3-15x44 for my PBGR.

BTW, if you are MIL/LE they offer a 15% discount

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sean
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
At that price point, it's an easy pass for me. At 1k+ I'd rather drop a bit more and get a NF or S&B

Me too.

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Me too.

If you ever tried one I dought you'd feel this way. I felt that way before I tried one. The glass is excellent and the tracking is dead on.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

That was the Response model in 2017?

Has anyone done the same testing on a Toric?

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I've owned a 3-15x50 for 4 years or so. I've had it on a Kimber Select 30-06 and now on a 35 Whelen. It rides in my truck 24/7 and I often change loads turn the turret to where each load zeros and without fail it adjust perfectly each time. It has held its zero perfectly over time.

I also own S&B, Nightforce and US Optics and the Tract Toric is on par with the top tier scopes IMHO&E

Last edited by jwp475; 01/20/22.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

Me too.

They should be priced about 4 to 6 hundred dollars....because that's what they are.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jwp475
I've owned a 3-15x50 for 4 years or so. I've had it on a Kimber Select 30-06 and now on a 35 Whelen. It rides in my truck 24/7 and I often change loads turn the turret to where each load zeros and without fail it adjust perfectly each time. It has held its zero perfectly over time.

I also own S&B, Nightforce and US Optics and the Tract Toric is on par with the top tier scopes IMHO&E

You got a one Track mind....

Comparing a Track scope to a Schmidt and Bender or a Nightforce is just plain stupid.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (257_X_50, 222Sako, 1_deuce, 2500HD, 257 mag, 1minute, 62 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,562
Posts18,473,169
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.