Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#16857752 01/19/22
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

Spot on. I ve worked within around homeless people over 25 years. I used to try and help them getting them into treatment programs, finding jobs, arranging a shelter to take them etc. Not one followed up on. the help because they chose drugs over their future. There was one thing I noticed after talking to to them about their lives. Everyone one was a drug addict and chose to live on the streets vs living in a shelter. Shelters had rule ( no drugs or alcohol), curfews and would immediately kick you out if you didn't follow the rules. There is this myth that the homeless are economic victims who work hard and just cannot afford housing. Or have mental illness . Some may have some some form of mental illness but their main issue is drug addiction.

Real estate developers ( Dem donors and politicians) have made billions off of this ongoing scam

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I watched that last night. Grim. Hard to argue with Tucker.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I agree that the homeless problem is out of control, and we need laws and enforcement to keep them out of public spaces where they become not only a nuisance but dangerous and prevent the rest of us from using those areas.

But I'm missing the connection with developers making $billions, the video kept cutting out on me. How are developers making $ billions?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I had the homeless figured out 40 years ago. What took you guys so long? Edk

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
I agree that the homeless problem is out of control, and we need laws and enforcement to keep them out of public spaces where they become not only a nuisance but dangerous and prevent the rest of us from using those areas.

But I'm missing the connection with developers making $billions, the video kept cutting out on me. How are developers making $ billions?

The cities are using tax payer funds to buy existing housing ie. condo's, apt. etc as well as new developments ear marked to house the "homeless" at market value.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone ever listen to Neal Bortz?

He called them..."Urban Outdoorsmen"

Made me laugh every time he said it.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by smokepole

The cities are using tax payer funds to buy existing housing ie. condo's, apt. etc as well as new developments ear marked to house the "homeless" at market value.

Funny how market value is an all time high now when cities received billions in Covid relief to buy brand new luxury apartments form their political donors( Realestate developers) for the non working drug addicts, while bankrupted middle class businesses received a pittance. Its almost as if this was planned.

This left wing lib has worked with homeless for decades and stated that he finally realized that it was solely an addiction problem and there was a lot of money to made off of this crisis

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The 'homeless industry' is real. Think social workers, drug counselors, State and Fed grants, property acquisition, maintenance, etc etc
My city council is largely made up of recent transplants from California who are all liberal twats. They can't spend enough money on the homeless junkies.
The junkie bums come from all over the country. I was closely watching the arrest record via the Sheriffs inmate roster.. almost every inmate was from another State (arrest records from elsewhere) and had "no current address". They come here BECAUSE liberal twats give them free stuff. A MAJOR player in this are the liberal churches, at least one of which local to me has been taken over by an attractive communist 'pastor' also from California.
Quality of life in this 50k population town has very clearly gone downhill - but liberals and reason are like oil and water and they will line up to vote for more of the same.

Last edited by longarm; 01/19/22. Reason: typo
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Suppose a city with a large homeless crowd spend the money on well maintained portapotties on every block. How many of the crowd would use them? How many would sleep in them?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
To be fair, many of the drug addicts are self-medicating their mental illness.

Having said that, as the saying goes "God helps those who help themselves."

Enabling them by giving them money to buy more drugs doesn't work. I won't support them as beggars in the street.

Years ago homeless advocates insisted that they were human beings who had the right to live as they choose, including how they spend their welfare money. Now more and more homeless shelters are doling out their money so it at least lasts most of the month.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It's good that big pharma flooded the US with opiates.

It's also good that we went to Afghanistan so we could control the dope.

Now we have a DEA that gets a bigger budget every year to fight oxy and heroin.

The Methadone industry is booming.

That's free market at its best.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was a great and very true monologue.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Give the "homeless" unlimited access to whatever drug of choice they prefer- - - -free of charge. Just require them to have "DNR" tattooed across their forehead in letters 2" tall. The problem will solve itself in very short order.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's good that big pharma flooded the US with opiates.

Maybe I'm an [bleep] (only maybe? :)) but it seems to me we should help these poor people.
When they're ODing on their substance of choice, instead of trying to bring them back with a
dose of Narcan, why not give them what they really want .. a big ol' dose of fentanyl so they
can complete their ... journey? Seems the generous thing to do.

I'm tired o' the homeless "thing." 25 years ago we had homeless but every one of them that
I knew was where they were because they were incapable of being anywhere else, mental illness,
etc. Today I see a kind of industrialized / institutionalized homelessness ... a lifestyle choice.
Instead of lone bums looking for a handout for cheap booze or maybe drugs, but mostly booze,
these bastards descend in packs extorting money. Really ought to be shot as we would any
other sort of predator.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
longarm: "The junkie bums come from all over the country. I was closely watching the arrest record via the Sheriffs inmate roster.. almost every inmate was from another State (arrest records from elsewhere) and had "no current address". They come here BECAUSE liberal twats give them free stuff."

That's right. Start offering free stuff, and the homeless will flock in from across the land. How do they know that your local govt. is stupid enough to pile up freebies for them? They talk to one another on cell phones.

Girlfreind and I did the "Haunted Asheville" tour a year ago. It was late at night, of course, and it was a cold night, and as we walked all around Asheville with our tour group, there in downtown Asheville we saw over a dozen homeless, each guy was holed up in the doorway of a different downtown business. Three or four of 'em were asleep/passed out, but I saw at least 8 who were snuggled up in their sleeping bag, and texting on the Iphone. EVERY ONE I saw who was conscious was using that Iphone.

They can't afford room rent, but they have a $900 phone, and 40 bucks a month to run it. So when a city like Asheville announces, free motel rooms with kitchens for homeless, the word immediately goes out across the land.

ps. Asheville is right now in the middle of a $13 million project, the city of Asheville bought an old Days Inn downtown, 150 rooms, and are converting it in to homeless housing. They are adding a small kitchen to every room.

"Let the word go forth across the land..."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Manage them like game. Open season with no bag limits.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by longarm
The 'homeless industry' is real. Think social workers, drug counselors, State and Fed grants, property acquisition, maintenance, etc etc
My city council is largely made up of recent transplants from California who are all liberal twats. They can't spend enough money on the homeless junkies.
The junkie bums come from all over the country. I was closely watching the arrest record via the Sheriffs inmate roster.. almost every inmate was from another State (arrest records from elsewhere) and had "no current address". They come here BECAUSE liberal twats give them free stuff. A MAJOR player in this are the liberal churches, at least one of which local to me has been taken over by an attractive communist 'pastor' also from California.
Quality of life in this 50k population town has very clearly gone downhill - but liberals and reason are like oil and water and they will line up to vote for more of the same.

It is now entrenched just like the climate scare industry, the woke industry etc. The sheep can't make money from prisoners but they damn sure can from moving the inmates from jail to the streets. This country has about five years to turn it around or it's never coming back.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
BuckHaggard
".. The sheep can't make money from prisoners.." Hell, here there no longer even try! Our insane commie governess let them all out "because Covid". Multnomah County's (think Portland) DA refuses to prosecute antifa arrests.

Let's see: ... crush the economy, make narcotics legal, let prisoners out/refuse to arrest any more.. flood the country with hordes of low IQ illegals (don't believe me? Go ahead and look up the average IQ for Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, etc etc) .. work tirelessly at destroying the moral underpinnings of a once Christian country.. gaslight the remaining population in every conceivable way ...

What could possibly go wrong?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
simonkenton7,
I've asked liberals what they think will happen if they put cat food out on their back porch every night. You'll collect rats, raccoons, roaches, etc and these will inevitable come into conflict with your pet, right?? They just can't make the mental leap that the same is true for junkie bums. It's all about "feeling like we're doing something".. Liberal women and churches are the absolute worst about this - other than politicians.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Personally I have zero patience with these " Homeless" drug addicts....

here you watch them illlegally buy booze with their food stamp cards...

when they can't charge it on their Oregon Trail Card, they will pull out $100 bills to pay for it...

based on all the money they collect panhandling or just plain stealing and hocking it...

I'm in favor of it being legal, to just throw a flair into their tents when they are laying their higher than a kite, and not having a clue of what planet they are on..

Learned my lesson giving a damn about them decades ago.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 64 invisible), 2,416 guests, and 1,442 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.