Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’d say the OP is ~26 yrs old.

Didn’t get instant gratification, so took to the internet to blast the company.

50See that at the Walmarts on the cereal aisle……

Well you see it here also with the old farts.

I’d say the OP is more likely in his 50’s. 🤔
Be fairly easy to call and ask. 😂

Last edited by battue; 01/11/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
They don't honor a warrantee. They only honor a warranty.

Thank you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by tylerw02

Finally I explained that my S&B PMIIs did just fine on the "broken rifles" and "broken mounts", and that the Leupold looked really bad in front of my precision rifle class students, but the S&Bs and Vortex scopes looked really good to them.

Why would anyone of sound mind pay $2800 for a Leupold scope when they're better options out there at that price point.....

What's the name of the Precision Rifle Class you teach ?

Allegedly, the scopes were squared away and did well in military testing...when you want a fully-featured precision rifle scope that weighs less than 25 oz., your options are somewhat limited.

The precision rifle class was just "Precision Rifle 101" for a local training company.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by jc189
I sent a scope in to leupold for repair several years ago. after a few weeks went by I called customer service to check on the scope. They told me if it could not be repaired they would replace it with a new one. It took about six weeks or so, but sure enough they sent me a new scope. Pretty good customer service in my book. In todays covid world its probably gonna take a little longer.

This was my experience as well.

Okie John

Me too. I sent in a 60's M8 4x with a delaminating objective lens. They did not have the parts so they sent me a brand new FX-II 4x33mm. My buddy had the same thing happen with an older Leupold binocular. It was discontinued and they sent him a new and far superior bino as a replacement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like vortex is wearing off on them

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
OP, are you going to publicly apologize to Leupold now after you basically blasted them without warrant on a public forum.
Or are you just going to “Praise Jesus” and consider that divine intervention was your salvation on your beloved range finder?

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My only CS experience with Leupold was about 12 years ago. New scope i was struggling with. Finally, convinced it was, indeed the scope, I sent it to them on a Thursday. The following Tuesday night I was putting it back on the rifle, everything good.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best customer service is not needing customer service!

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
2 year warranty on Leupold rangefinders.

I sent one back in October that was out of warranty and they sold me a new one with a longet range for $100 shipped.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
OP, are you going to publicly apologize to Leupold now after you basically blasted them without warrant on a public forum.
Or are you just going to “Praise Jesus” and consider that divine intervention was your salvation on your beloved range finder?

No kidding, he should be eating crow and apologizing for defaming without basis.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
About 10 years ago, my son and his wife bought a house overlooking Puget Sound. My mother bought them a pair of Leopold 10x binocs for watching boats. They never did use them because he said they just couldn't see much through them. They gave them back to my mother and she gave them to me to see if I could use them. One look was all I needed to know that the barrels were out of alignment. They had a lifetime warranty so I sent them in and a couple weeks later got a new pair. They'd dropped that particular model so they sent me 1 level up for a replacement.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HaYen
Praise Jesus. I got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post.

"Good morning sir,

First and foremost we sincerely apologize for the delay of this order. We are experiencing unprecedented delays to our rangefinder supply chain due to COVID-19 and the unrest in Myanmar. The availability of these products is very limited. We are actively working on solutions to get our valued customer taken care of as quickly as possible. We are still receiving product at a reduced rate and filling orders in the order received, but at this time we do not know exactly when availability will return to normal.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Technical Service team at 503-526-1418. We greatly appreciate the continued support!

Regards,
David"

Patience and God is all I need.

---- Original Message ----
Leupold& Stevens Inc." src="https://www.leupold.com/media/email/logo/stores/1/leu-logo_email.png" width=180
>
Name : Bill

How can we help you? Return Product to Leupold
What's on your mind?

I returned my range finder and was told it would be replaced under warrantee with the RX1600 TBR/W when it was in stock. It looks to be in stock and I do not have a replacement. Can I get an ETA on my replacement please?

twitter-icon icon-dividerfacebook-icon icon-dividerinstagram-icon icon-divideryoutube-icon
14400 NW GREENBRIER PARKWAY BEAVERTON, OR 97006-5790 | 1-800-LEUPOLD | ©2019 LEUPOLD & STEVENS, INC.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be a communication subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary and confidential information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

That's interesting.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by pal
...got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post...

The epitome of conceit.

Companies evidently DO read posts on this and I gather other web sites.

I had an issue with a scope from Bushnell...that I paid about $300 for.... it was a 2 x 7 Bushnell Engage..

I posted how disappointed I was, compared to the 2.5 x 10 Engage I had purchased....

Someone from Bushnell, actually joined the campfire just to send me a PM about my critic about that scope on the campfire.

The PM asked me exactly why I felt the way I did.. I replied and then they offered to replace it with ANY other Engage Scope in their line up.

So I asked how much extra would it be to upgrade to a 4 x 16, they told me to send the 2 x 7 back to them... I did so, and the 4 x 16 showed up like 2 days later.. they sent it to me before ever getting the 2 x 7 back....

I wrote a good review of the 4 x 16 on the campfire.. and I got a check for what I had paid for the 2 x 7.. even after they sent me the 4 x 16.

I contacted them back, and asked for a price on the 6 x 24.....and that I wanted to pay for that one....since they had refunded my money on the 2 x 7.

The guy I was dealing with via PM has stated he was the guy who designed that series... the Engage.

He told me he'd let me have one for the cost I paid for the 2 x 7, which was about half of what the scope was selling for...( the 6 x 24 ). I questioned that much generosity,
and he told me not to worry about it... So I sent him a money order for that amount... but he had already had the 6 x 24 shipped to me...

The entire experience totally blew my mind.. but I did good reviews on both scopes... and it was based on what I thought.. not kissing Bushnell's ass for free stuff.

But evidently it was worth it to Bushnell.. they searched me out... not the other way around....

Back when I was doing the rifles for Veterans thing also. Leupold contacted me after reading about it on 24 hour campfire.... they sent me a PM, and told me they would like to donate a scope for what I was doing.. due to the feed back other members were doing and saying on that project. That was for the rifle I did for Brent Yates in Colorado.
We did a 7 x 57 for him... I contacted him and asked what type of Leupold scope he would like.... Not only did Leupold send me the scope he wanted at NO COST, they also put the 24 hour campfire logo on it and also the recipients name on it also... " Made especially for SFC...

They later did a second scope on that project specifically for another Veteran, same thing....

So surprisingly THEY DO read these threads.......not just Leupold, but also Bushnell... and I am sure others, but these are two I personally experienced....

both times they sought me out, based on comments read on the campfire...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
For the record I do feel bad for throwing them under the bus, but I do feel like things like this have to happen for the wheels to move

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the record I do feel bad for throwing them under the bus, but I do feel like things like this have to happen for the wheels to move

You feel good in lying about them not honoring the warranty? Where is your honor?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
HaYen Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
So to me, not honoring the promise to return a functional device is not a lie.

But attacking someone for making a statement and proving (company email) they were correct, implies bullying and lack of honor.

These forms allow folks to be anonymous as such posters need to have thicker skin because it's so easy criticize kind of like Fakebook or Twitter. So bottom line, still have not received my replacement device; one day I will. If I hurt your feelings because I called out your favorite well don't feel bad, you'll get over it.

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Burris wouldn't fix my signiature 2.5 -8 scope because it had scratches and looked well used. Offered 35% off MSRP if I bought another one of their scopes. I only had scope for 15 years of the lifetime warrentee. Granted ugly but it just one day stopped holding zero. they sent scope back and I replied in a letter that I wouldn't be buying anymore Burris scopes. Screw them they broke their word

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by brucebruce
Burris wouldn't fix my signiature 2.5 -8 scope because it had scratches and looked well used. Offered 35% off MSRP if I bought another one of their scopes. I only had scope for 15 years of the lifetime warrentee. Granted ugly but it just one day stopped holding zero. they sent scope back and I replied in a letter that I wouldn't be buying anymore Burris scopes. Screw them they broke their word

Oh shiet...and I just bought a few Leupolds this year....

Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (160user, 219DW, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,187
Posts18,503,347
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.