Home
Posted By: HaYen Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/09/22

I purchased a Leupold range finder that served me until it died. I checked with Leupold; it was still under warrantee, so I sent it to them. They said because of the supply chain delays, they would send me a TBR 1600 /w as soon as one is available. It seems they have been available for a few weeks now and I still have not gotten my replacement and they have gone radio silent.

This past year has been hellish. I'm hoping they do honor their promise to replace my unit. There are other options from other companies. My hope is to not have to replace the $400 unit with another company's product.

Any alternatives to Leupold someone can recommend with a good warrantee? Sig? Nikon? Swarovski?

Leupold if you're listening, do the right thing.
Patience is the key, these are very troubled times for companies trying to keep employees, not to mention supply issues.

Leupold has stellar customer service for me and my family, friends, and LEO pards.

I’ve never heard of Leupold not honoring a warranty claim.
Yep, be patient. My money is they will honor it. Many items are hard to get and have been that way for awhile.
Posted By: pal Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/09/22
Originally Posted by HaYen
...Leupold won't honor warrantee...

Bullschit.
How available are they? They have orders and shipments to fulfill as well. I am sure they will honor the warranty that was provided with the product. Things are tough during this supply chain issue.

Maven has what I have been told is an excellent rangefinder, with extreme range for $400
I sent a scope in to leupold for repair several years ago. after a few weeks went by I called customer service to check on the scope. They told me if it could not be repaired they would replace it with a new one. It took about six weeks or so, but sure enough they sent me a new scope. Pretty good customer service in my book. In todays covid world its probably gonna take a little longer.
This post was a scam.
Originally Posted by 01Foreman400
This post was a scam.

?
I assume there might be a few micro chips in a range finder.
Originally Posted by jc189
I sent a scope in to leupold for repair several years ago. after a few weeks went by I called customer service to check on the scope. They told me if it could not be repaired they would replace it with a new one. It took about six weeks or so, but sure enough they sent me a new scope. Pretty good customer service in my book. In todays covid world its probably gonna take a little longer.

This was my experience as well.

Okie John
I sent a 25 year old scope in last fall that wouldn't zero or adjust. Went to work for 2 weeks and it came in repaired about the same time I made it home.
I’ve had a few issues with a scope I sent in that had WAY too much parallax. I had to send it to them three times. It finally made it to “the right guy” who actually took it home with him and looked through it with his own eyes and on a real range. Not on some calibration machine… anyway they sent me a brand new scope that listed for about twice what my problem scope cost. I’ve had several dealings with leupold. That was the only issue I ever had. I believe they will make it right.

I purchased a Leupold range finder that served me until it died. I checked with Leupold; it was still under warrantee, so I sent it to them. They said because of the supply chain delays, they would send me a TBR 1600 /w as soon as one is available. It seems they have been available for a few weeks now and I still have not gotten my replacement and they have gone radio silent.

This past year has been hellish. I'm hoping they do honor their promise to replace my unit. There are other options from other companies. My hope is to not have to replace the $400 unit with another company's product.

Any alternatives to Leupold someone can recommend with a good warrantee? Sig? Nikon? Swarovski?

The subject line for this post is completely irresponsible and misleading.

There are shortcomings in supply chain across the globe right now. And because Midway or some other place happens to have them doesn’t mean there’s a pallet of them in Leupold customer service facility.

Give them a chance to make it right and perhaps exercise a little patience. 😠

Drama Queen
Originally Posted by Bill_N
Drama Queen

This.

What's the point of the click-bait thread title?
Posted By: EdM Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/10/22
Originally Posted by SKane

The subject line for this post is completely irresponsible and
misleading.

There are shortcomings in supply chain across the globe right now. And because Midway or some other place happens to have them doesn’t mean there’s a pallet of them in Leupold customer service facility.

Give them a chance to make it right and perhaps exercise a little patience. 😠

Yep. The dumbing of this site just rolls on...
Thank you
Thank you
No it wasn't. Why would I lie. You don't know me. Why you crying
Shut up quit hiding behind your game name
Shut up. You know me [bleep]
I'm not fond of most Leupold products, but I've had new in box optics that need correction repair before they could even be mounted. Once it took several attempts by them but in the end they had reliable and service I'd rate as quite good. So while I'm not high on all their product line I feel they are a leader in CS and that is a big deal.
Shut up. You know me fag

You made it to the ignore feature fairly quickly...'bye.
Posted By: cdb Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/10/22
Originally Posted by SKane
The subject line for this post is completely irresponsible and
misleading.

This. OP goes on ignore for me too.
Here is hoping Leupold tells you to shove it up your azzz..

They won’t, but you deserve no more.

Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Once it took several attempts by them but in the end they had reliable and service I'd rate as quite good..

???
Quite good would have been them fixing it the first time.
I’m also currently waiting on Burris to replace a scope under warranty.

It’s hard for them or Leupold to send a replacement when they don’t have one in hand to send.

Patience grasshopper~

They've done it to me.
Sent in a scope, tell them what is wrong as far as I can tell. They send it back with a letter saying: Your Leupold scope appears to be within spec.
My scope is still jacked up, won't hold zero.2.5-8 B-n-C.

A friend said to sell it at the Campfire in the classifieds. I told him, that wouldn't be right. I don't work like that.
I still have it; I've thought about just putting it in the trash.

Take care.
You could legitimately sell it with an explicit caveat, maybe the informed buyer wants to try his luck with the repair department.
They don't honor a warrantee. They only honor a warranty.
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

They've done it to me.
Sent in a scope, tell them what is wrong as far as I can tell. They send it back with a letter saying: Your Leupold scope appears to be within spec.

A friend said to sell it at the Campfire in the classifieds. I told him, that wouldn't be right. I don't work like that.

Take care.

How much do you want for it broke and all??? (All meaning Leupold won't fix it.)
Praise Jesus. I got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post.

"Good morning sir,

First and foremost we sincerely apologize for the delay of this order. We are experiencing unprecedented delays to our rangefinder supply chain due to COVID-19 and the unrest in Myanmar. The availability of these products is very limited. We are actively working on solutions to get our valued customer taken care of as quickly as possible. We are still receiving product at a reduced rate and filling orders in the order received, but at this time we do not know exactly when availability will return to normal.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Technical Service team at 503-526-1418. We greatly appreciate the continued support!

Regards,
David"

Patience and God is all I need.

---- Original Message ----
Leupold& Stevens Inc." src="https://www.leupold.com/media/email/logo/stores/1/leu-logo_email.png" width=180
>
Name : Bill

How can we help you? Return Product to Leupold
What's on your mind?

I returned my range finder and was told it would be replaced under warrantee with the RX1600 TBR/W when it was in stock. It looks to be in stock and I do not have a replacement. Can I get an ETA on my replacement please?

twitter-icon icon-dividerfacebook-icon icon-dividerinstagram-icon icon-divideryoutube-icon
14400 NW GREENBRIER PARKWAY BEAVERTON, OR 97006-5790 | 1-800-LEUPOLD | ©2019 LEUPOLD & STEVENS, INC.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be a communication subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary and confidential information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.
Posted By: pal Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/10/22
...got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post...

The epitome of conceit.
Praise Jesus. I got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm sure they easily connected your HaYen handle to one of 500 emails they likely got on the same day. crazy
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Hammerdown

They've done it to me.

Take care.

How much do you want for it broke and all??? (All meaning Leupold won't fix it.)

How much????
I’d say the OP is ~26 yrs old.

Didn’t get instant gratification, so took to the internet to blast the company.

See that at the Walmarts on the cereal aisle……
Posted By: LFC Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/11/22

"Good morning sir,

First and foremost we sincerely apologize for the delay of this order. We are experiencing unprecedented delays to our rangefinder supply chain due to COVID-19 and the unrest in Myanmar. The availability of these products is very limited. We are actively working on solutions to get our valued customer taken care of as quickly as possible. We are still receiving product at a reduced rate and filling orders in the order received, but at this time we do not know exactly when availability will return to normal.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Technical Service team at 503-526-1418. We greatly appreciate the continued support!

Regards,
David"

Leupold& Stevens Inc." src="https://www.leupold.com/media/email/logo/stores/1/leu-logo_email.png" width=180
>
What's on your mind?

I returned my range finder and was told it would be replaced under warrantee with the RX1600 TBR/W when it was in stock. It looks to be in stock and I do not have a replacement. Can I get an ETA on my replacement please?

twitter-icon icon-dividerfacebook-icon icon-dividerinstagram-icon icon-divideryoutube-icon
14400 NW GREENBRIER PARKWAY BEAVERTON, OR 97006-5790 | 1-800-LEUPOLD | ©2019 LEUPOLD & STEVENS, INC.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may be a communication subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary and confidential information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Sounds like they could sue yer azz...
I had Leupold send me back a broken $2800 scope three times without repair, always "within spec". Finally got through to one of their leadership who told me it was my rifle, it was me, and it was my mount, etc. Finally I explained that my S&B PMIIs did just fine on the "broken rifles" and "broken mounts", and that the Leupold looked really bad in front of my precision rifle class students, but the S&Bs and Vortex scopes looked really good to them. He agreed to replace the scope *if* it was broken. Finally, he got it and didn't get around to it for three months because "the range is closed due to snow". He called and agreed it was the scope. They ended up replacing the erector system, the adjustments, etc. But they didn't replace the scope as he promised. Finally, I did get the scope back along with new ring marks on the tube that I didn't send it there with. They didn't keep their word, but at least it finally works. I'd sell it if I wouldn't lose my ass on it.
Posted By: LFC Re: Leupold won't honor warrantee - 01/11/22
Originally Posted by tylerw02

Finally I explained that my S&B PMIIs did just fine on the "broken rifles" and "broken mounts", and that the Leupold looked really bad in front of my precision rifle class students, but the S&Bs and Vortex scopes looked really good to them.

Why would anyone of sound mind pay $2800 for a Leupold scope when they're better options out there at that price point.....

What's the name of the Precision Rifle Class you teach ?
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I’d say the OP is ~26 yrs old.

Didn’t get instant gratification, so took to the internet to blast the company.

50See that at the Walmarts on the cereal aisle……

Well you see it here also with the old farts.

I’d say the OP is more likely in his 50’s. 🤔
Be fairly easy to call and ask. 😂
Originally Posted by UPhiker
They don't honor a warrantee. They only honor a warranty.

Thank you.
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by tylerw02

Finally I explained that my S&B PMIIs did just fine on the "broken rifles" and "broken mounts", and that the Leupold looked really bad in front of my precision rifle class students, but the S&Bs and Vortex scopes looked really good to them.

Why would anyone of sound mind pay $2800 for a Leupold scope when they're better options out there at that price point.....

What's the name of the Precision Rifle Class you teach ?

Allegedly, the scopes were squared away and did well in military testing...when you want a fully-featured precision rifle scope that weighs less than 25 oz., your options are somewhat limited.

The precision rifle class was just "Precision Rifle 101" for a local training company.
Originally Posted by okie john
Originally Posted by jc189

This was my experience as well.

Okie John

Me too. I sent in a 60's M8 4x with a delaminating objective lens. They did not have the parts so they sent me a brand new FX-II 4x33mm. My buddy had the same thing happen with an older Leupold binocular. It was discontinued and they sent him a new and far superior bino as a replacement.
Sounds like vortex is wearing off on them
OP, are you going to publicly apologize to Leupold now after you basically blasted them without warrant on a public forum.
Or are you just going to “Praise Jesus” and consider that divine intervention was your salvation on your beloved range finder?
My only CS experience with Leupold was about 12 years ago. New scope i was struggling with. Finally, convinced it was, indeed the scope, I sent it to them on a Thursday. The following Tuesday night I was putting it back on the rifle, everything good.
The best customer service is not needing customer service!
2 year warranty on Leupold rangefinders.

I sent one back in October that was out of warranty and they sold me a new one with a longet range for $100 shipped.
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
OP, are you going to publicly apologize to Leupold now after you basically blasted them without warrant on a public forum.
Or are you just going to “Praise Jesus” and consider that divine intervention was your salvation on your beloved range finder?

No kidding, he should be eating crow and apologizing for defaming without basis.
About 10 years ago, my son and his wife bought a house overlooking Puget Sound. My mother bought them a pair of Leopold 10x binocs for watching boats. They never did use them because he said they just couldn't see much through them. They gave them back to my mother and she gave them to me to see if I could use them. One look was all I needed to know that the barrels were out of alignment. They had a lifetime warranty so I sent them in and a couple weeks later got a new pair. They'd dropped that particular model so they sent me 1 level up for a replacement.

"Good morning sir,

Regards,
David"

>
Name : Bill

What's on your mind?

That's interesting.
Originally Posted by pal
...got a reply back from Leupold just now. I think someone on staff is reading this post...

The epitome of conceit.

Companies evidently DO read posts on this and I gather other web sites.

I had an issue with a scope from Bushnell...that I paid about $300 for.... it was a 2 x 7 Bushnell Engage..

I posted how disappointed I was, compared to the 2.5 x 10 Engage I had purchased....

Someone from Bushnell, actually joined the campfire just to send me a PM about my critic about that scope on the campfire.

The PM asked me exactly why I felt the way I did.. I replied and then they offered to replace it with ANY other Engage Scope in their line up.

So I asked how much extra would it be to upgrade to a 4 x 16, they told me to send the 2 x 7 back to them... I did so, and the 4 x 16 showed up like 2 days later.. they sent it to me before ever getting the 2 x 7 back....

I wrote a good review of the 4 x 16 on the campfire.. and I got a check for what I had paid for the 2 x 7.. even after they sent me the 4 x 16.

I contacted them back, and asked for a price on the 6 x 24.....and that I wanted to pay for that one....since they had refunded my money on the 2 x 7.

The guy I was dealing with via PM has stated he was the guy who designed that series... the Engage.

He told me he'd let me have one for the cost I paid for the 2 x 7, which was about half of what the scope was selling for...( the 6 x 24 ). I questioned that much generosity,
and he told me not to worry about it... So I sent him a money order for that amount... but he had already had the 6 x 24 shipped to me...

The entire experience totally blew my mind.. but I did good reviews on both scopes... and it was based on what I thought.. not kissing Bushnell's ass for free stuff.

But evidently it was worth it to Bushnell.. they searched me out... not the other way around....

Back when I was doing the rifles for Veterans thing also. Leupold contacted me after reading about it on 24 hour campfire.... they sent me a PM, and told me they would like to donate a scope for what I was doing.. due to the feed back other members were doing and saying on that project. That was for the rifle I did for Brent Yates in Colorado.
We did a 7 x 57 for him... I contacted him and asked what type of Leupold scope he would like.... Not only did Leupold send me the scope he wanted at NO COST, they also put the 24 hour campfire logo on it and also the recipients name on it also... " Made especially for SFC...

They later did a second scope on that project specifically for another Veteran, same thing....

So surprisingly THEY DO read these threads.......not just Leupold, but also Bushnell... and I am sure others, but these are two I personally experienced....

both times they sought me out, based on comments read on the campfire...
For the record I do feel bad for throwing them under the bus, but I do feel like things like this have to happen for the wheels to move
For the record I do feel bad for throwing them under the bus, but I do feel like things like this have to happen for the wheels to move

You feel good in lying about them not honoring the warranty? Where is your honor?
So to me, not honoring the promise to return a functional device is not a lie.

But attacking someone for making a statement and proving (company email) they were correct, implies bullying and lack of honor.

These forms allow folks to be anonymous as such posters need to have thicker skin because it's so easy criticize kind of like Fakebook or Twitter. So bottom line, still have not received my replacement device; one day I will. If I hurt your feelings because I called out your favorite well don't feel bad, you'll get over it.
Burris wouldn't fix my signiature 2.5 -8 scope because it had scratches and looked well used. Offered 35% off MSRP if I bought another one of their scopes. I only had scope for 15 years of the lifetime warrentee. Granted ugly but it just one day stopped holding zero. they sent scope back and I replied in a letter that I wouldn't be buying anymore Burris scopes. Screw them they broke their word
Originally Posted by brucebruce
Burris wouldn't fix my signiature 2.5 -8 scope because it had scratches and looked well used. Offered 35% off MSRP if I bought another one of their scopes. I only had scope for 15 years of the lifetime warrentee. Granted ugly but it just one day stopped holding zero. they sent scope back and I replied in a letter that I wouldn't be buying anymore Burris scopes. Screw them they broke their word

Oh shiet...and I just bought a few Leupolds this year....
© 24hourcampfire