Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I started with cortisone which worked for about a year. My second cortisone shot then worked for a few weeks.
We then went with Synvisc which also worked well, until it didn’t; about 14 months.

I then had a PRP injection, which resulted in significant discomfort for 2-3 days. Once the swelling went down, it’s been great for close to a year. I know a total knee replacement is in my future but I’ll put it off while I get relief via injections.

Mike

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just wish that those smart physicians would do what two of them on the CF do. Study human health .
For example, I have yet to meet a gastroenterologist (doctor of the food tube) study food/ nutrition. They probably exist, but they seem rare.

As to joint pain, we've all had it.
Certain foods cause pain and the joint is simply inflamed.
(Swelling, pain, heat...)
What is the cause?
That's the $ 30,000 question that needs answered and corrected.

If I take my car to a mechanic because my car engine is knocking and losing power, I don't want him to tell me to put in ear plugs and turn up the radio. When the engine blows, just replace it. Likewise, the pain signals are the check engine light and knocking. Drugs don't elicit healing or cure the root problem. The whole medical model is based upon drugs and then surgery. That said, I'm glad those who had that done made it through ok.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Benben
I started with cortisone which worked for about a year. My second cortisone shot then worked for a few weeks.
We then went with Synvisc which also worked well, until it didn’t; about 14 months.

I then had a PRP injection, which resulted in significant discomfort for 2-3 days. Once the swelling went down, it’s been great for close to a year. I know a total knee replacement is in my future but I’ll put it off while I get relief via injections.

Are platelet rich plasma injections covered by insurance these days?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Old Ornery
Lots of articles on peptides: https://boherald.com/peptides-can-cure-arthritis-effectively-according-to-a-study/

Hyalauronic acid sometimes works for awhile.

HA should not be looked at as a cure. The body produces what you probably heard of called synovial fluid. It's the lubricant for all joints. A quality HA oral supplement does the same as an injection. It helps like oil on a bearing. Like oil, it doesn't refinish the bearing surface. IF the body has the raw materials and is laying down the "oil" consistently, things like pain and wear go away.
That's where other suppliments, habits and food/ diet mods come into their own.

You are way behind the curve. Research it for once instead of just spouting off.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 01/19/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lots of articles on peptides: https://boherald.com/peptides-can-cure-arthritis-effectively-according-to-a-study/

Hyalauronic acid sometimes works for awhile.

HA should not be looked at as a cure. The body produces what you probably heard of called synovial fluid. It's the lubricant for all joints. A quality HA oral supplement does the same as an injection. It helps like oil on a bearing. Like oil, it doesn't refinish the bearing surface. IF the body has the raw materials and is laying down the "oil" consistently, things like pain and wear go away.
That's where other suppliments, habits and food/ diet mods come into their own.

You are way behind the curve. Research it for once instead of just spouting off.

I oversimplified a bit for the reader, but the concept is sound. I'll leave the injections to those who do that, but I have seen plenty of temp relief from HA supplementation.

WebMD
"Your body makes hyaluronic acid. It's a natural part of the fluid that helps lubricate and cushion your joints and keeps them working smoothly.
When you have osteoarthritis (OA), the hyaluronic acid in the affected joint thins. Hyaluronic acid injections add to your body's natural supply. You may hear your doctor refer to these injections as "viscosupplementation," which literally means they help the fluid in your joints."

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/19/22.
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I had a knee damaged in an accident 4 years ago. I get alternating shots of synvisc and cortisone every three months since. I was told cortisone cannot be given continuously.
I am currently waiting to be accepted for a recently approved procedure where they open you up and insert an artificial meniscus. Looks like a little circular hollowed out hockey puck.

Oskyx

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Steroid injections will definitely decrease in effectiveness over time.One thing about the HA injections is you have to also exercise to build the muscles back.No it won't cure it, it isn't meant to. It does provide some lubrication to reduce the pain and almost all of them must be done every 6 months .
All I can say is they have been working for me for 2 years. some of the replies it appears others have had success also..YMMV

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
PRP is not covered by insurance. My doc charged $700. I know a guy who had it done at a beauty salon for maybe half that amount. No hairdresser is injection sh it into me!

Mike
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Benben
PRP is not covered by insurance. My doc charged $700. I know a guy who had it done at a beauty salon for maybe half that amount. No hairdresser is injection sh it into me!

LoL!

I was just curious, because it's been gaining acceptance outside sports injury medicine. It used to be used just in sports medicine and by integrative physicians. It's one of only a few in that category of injectables that is offering hope of long term healing.
I'm glad you are better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Steroid injections will definitely decrease in effectiveness over time.One thing about the HA injections is you have to also exercise to build the muscles back.No it won't cure it, it isn't meant to. It does provide some lubrication to reduce the pain and almost all of them must be done every 6 months .
All I can say is they have been working for me for 2 years. some of the replies it appears others have had success also..YMMV

That's great. Good to get first hand experience.

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I has the Rooster shots both knees, it helped for maybe 5 days.
Next I had double knee replacement best thing I ever did.
It will be 10 years ago in March that I had the operation.
Never had a need to go back either. Golf game really improved.

Mark

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

And yet, you feel the need to flap your lips...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've used the 3-shot series in both knees over the past 6-7 years with success. My right knee was bad enough that I had a total replacement that went well. I still get shots in my left knee about once every year or two. Obviously, much depends on the condition of your knee to start with. Losing some weight is the best gift you can give your knees!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7

And yet, you feel the need to flap your lips...

LoL!
Hey rooster comb, I've been using hyaluronic acid and recommending it for decades. I'm not against the injections, but why would I push someone to spending a bunch of money on office fees and costly procedures when a relatively low cost proven oral supplement works?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Using it for decades?

What are you? 79 years old ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Using it for decades?

Lots of fights, accidents, hardcore MA training is hard on the joints. I've had serious injuries from the top of my spine to my toes. Destroyed knuckles, "permanently" injured wrists, all the way down. I learned what works first hand.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmm spine?

Barnabus has had some similar injuries he’s mentioned over the years.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yup, upper thoracic all the way to the sacroiliac.
Make fun of it all you want. You don't want to go through it.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Using it for decades?

Lots of fights, accidents, hardcore MA training is hard on the joints. I've had serious injuries from the top of my spine to my toes. Destroyed knuckles, "permanently" injured wrists, all the way down. I learned what works first hand.

Bill.....you ain't never been in hard fight in your little puzzy azz life and you know it.
Just more of your spun lies...
Crappy Hamster is Barnabus running this alter ego sock puppet schit on here....
Barnabus is a mediocre Preacher at best living vicariously on the web....

How Christian of you....
Keep it up d bag...
Gonna be real embarassing and lots of explaining for you to do back in jerkwater SC....
Bipolar neurotic fuggtard is what you are

#longgame

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by renegade50; 01/20/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yup, upper thoracic all the way to the sacroiliac.
Make fun of it all you want. You don't want to go through it.

I got my own back problems

Earned them from being a man

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.