Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My sister is on day 3 of the onset of symptoms and day 2 of positive test..she’s a RN, fully vaxxed with Moderna…so far just headcold type symptoms. Right now she’s taking vitamins and zinc with cranberry juice… so far in this pandemic I’ve known about a dozen people who have tested positive….three of them twice. Two have been hospitalized and of those two, one died…. Neither of the two had received vax….
What I find kind of funny and consistent about these pro/con vaccine threads is that the people who have been vaccinated believe (for the most part) that it’s a personal choice, whereas the anti vaxers tend to be the name callers (covtards, dupes, sheep etc.)….yet they are the loudest voices crying foul, when they can’t get a doctor to prescribe the exact prescription remedy they read about on the internet….funny schitt…..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I'd say that most on here think it's a personal choice regardless of their "status," but I don't think 5he same is true of the general population.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

So you care whether or not someone is vaccinated and you find fault with the unvaccinated but you don't care about ivermectin and whether it works in the treatment of the ailment you see so much of?

Yeah, people like you are the problem, not the people that refuse to be lied to and manipulated for profit.

I don’t care one bit if my patients are vaccinated or not. In fact, I preface my asking the question by saying it’s in no way a judgement. Defuses things immediately. I fail to see how my taking care of patients who are dying of Covid somehow makes me “the problem”. I take care of every single patient the same, regardless of the problem they are dealing with. In fact, non vaccinated patients are given priority for things like monoclonal therapy, etc. There’s no gain for anyone by making judgements of anyone else’s choices. I just want my patients to get better. You may want to reread my initial statement where I said I wasn’t pro vaccine mandate. I’ll repeat it since it clearly was missed-it’s a personal choice and that’s the way it should be, no different than any other vaccine for anything else.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
My sister is on day 3 of the onset of symptoms and day 2 of positive test..she’s a RN, fully vaxxed with Moderna…so far just headcold type symptoms. Right now she’s taking vitamins and zinc with cranberry juice… so far in this pandemic I’ve known about a dozen people who have tested positive….three of them twice. Two have been hospitalized and of those two, one died…. Neither of the two had received vax….
What I find kind of funny and consistent about these pro/con vaccine threads is that the people who have been vaccinated believe (for the most part) that it’s a personal choice, whereas the anti vaxers tend to be the name callers (covtards, dupes, sheep etc.)….yet they are the loudest voices crying foul, when they can’t get a doctor to prescribe the exact prescription remedy they read about on the internet….funny schitt…..

Completely agree. Covid somehow made everyone person who can access the internet a medical expert.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Craig2506

Completely agree. Covid somehow made everyone person who can access the internet a medical expert.

Whose opinion we can't live without......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

P
Pat85 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Home from the hospital, doing good. Still trying to wrap my head around this thing kicking my a$$ the way it did! Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
You guys won't get Covid vaccinated because the Internet "doctors" say you shouldn't, yet when you get sick you run for the hospitals for an hours long IV Monoclonal Antibody or convalescent plasma IV!
So…? Shouldn’t people be allowed to choose which treatment modality they think is best for them…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Craig2506

Nope.

I’ve taken care of Covid for 2 years in an emergency department and can tell you that’s not true at all for my hospital. It’s part of the triage form-vaccinated or not. Get the daily hospitalization numbers for my heath system and it’s 70-80% non vaccinated. Critical care and ICU numbers even worse. This latest variant is far milder than the delta or other previous ones, but it’s not the vaccinated folks I’m seeing or admitting. I’m not pro mandate for vaccines as I think personal healthcare is a personal choice, but it’s amazing how many non vaccinated people who catch Covid suddenly want to embrace modern medicine and get upset when we can’t fix them. Does ivermectin and vitamins help? I don’t know and honestly I don’t care. After doing this for 2 years I’m convinced it’s a highly contagious individualistic virus and no one can predict how sick you may get. Life is about choices, and sometimes we make bad ones and have to deal with the consequences.

I was a trauma ICU guy until COVID happened, then worked a COVID critical care unit for a year before transferring to emergency. I've very much had the same experience as you. And like you, also do not care vaccine status, and do not support any mandates. We ask vaccine status here, not as part of triage (though most patients already have it on the EMR), but the provider asks and documents it to determine if they are candidates of monoclonal antibodies or the new oral "antibody" treatment. The population we serve is about 70% vaccinated, and of admissions, about 2/3rds are vaccinated, which statistically makes sense. I personally had COVID Jan 2020 and it was mild for me. I again got it in August 2021 and developed pneumonia on day ten. I was experiencing mild symptoms until about day seven. I'm still suffering reduced lung capacity, shortness of breath, and fatigue.

I have learned on this forum, people are quick to make statements based on feeling. They also believe every conspiracy theory that supports their preconceived notions. This is exacerbated by officials that aren't following science. Either way, a large portion of the membership here is quick to call names and make assumptions of those that post anything they disagree with. Keep your skin thick, brother!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antlers
You guys won't get Covid vaccinated because the Internet "doctors" say you shouldn't, yet when you get sick you run for the hospitals for an hours long IV Monoclonal Antibody or convalescent plasma IV!
So…? Shouldn’t people be allowed to choose which treatment modality they think is best for them…?

Just walk into a doctor's office and demand which way you're treated for pain....say you want fentanyl. Get back to us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Just walk into a doctor's office and demand which way you're treated for pain....say you want fentanyl. Get back to us.
So you’re equating “demanding fentanyl at a doctor’s office” with choosing a treatment modality that is ‘offered’ to those who become sick…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pat85
Home from the hospital, doing good. Still trying to wrap my head around this thing kicking my a$$ the way it did! Lol

Good to hear.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I got it and the pneumonia that goes with it. Never in my life did something like this kick my a$$.

Good luck to you...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Squidge

Good to hear.

Missed that... Glad of it.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by tylerw02
So you’re equating “demanding fentanyl at a doctor’s office” with choosing a treatment modality that is ‘offered’ to those who become sick…?

Absolutely, just as fentanyl isn't indicated for all suffering from pain, neither is a monoclonal antibody treatment indicated for all ill from COVID. Patients should direct their care from approved and indicated options, approved by their physician. After all, their physician is risking his or her license. Treatment should based on their expert opinion. If the patient doesn't like it, they should seek other options.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It's not as easy as walking into a Doctor's office and demanding Fentanyl. Ivermectin and Hydroxy aren't deadly and have been in use for many years. They have been proven helpful in treating many cases of Covid but all healthcare conglomerates around here deny their doctors to prescribe it. They claim that it's not approved by the FDA but neither are the vaccines. The vaccines are not even actually vaccines. This entire pandemic is being used as a political weapon and people are lied to and denied possibly beneficial medication. Children are being force vaccinated even though their risk is .0001% of being critical even if left untreated after they get Covid. Antibody treatment has been denied people that aren't vaccinated; Why? The great Doctor Fauci has waffled all over the place over the years about masks, vaccinations and the disease itself. The NIH has lied and spent money supporting China's Wuhan lab's research that led to this disease. If you believe that Joe Biden is an expert on anything you might need your head examined.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I tested positive the first week of november. Missed five weeks of work. I have never been that sick that long in my life. I'm 61. Doc says I have the long covid. I feel ok, no stamina low energy. I lost 24 pounds, have only gained 10 back. I'm not vaccinated either. I go wednesday for the shot. I'm no medical expert or can I say what to take or not. All I know is I don't want it again. I know a lot of folks in the rural area I live that are gone because of covid,

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rainshot
It's not as easy as walking into a Doctor's office and demanding Fentanyl. Ivermectin and Hydroxy aren't deadly and have been in use for many years. They have been proven helpful in treating many cases of Covid but all healthcare conglomerates around here deny their doctors to prescribe it. They claim that it's not approved by the FDA but neither are the vaccines. The vaccines are not even actually vaccines. This entire pandemic is being used as a political weapon and people are lied to and denied possibly beneficial medication. Children are being force vaccinated even though their risk is .0001% of being critical even if left untreated after they get Covid. Antibody treatment has been denied people that aren't vaccinated; Why? The great Doctor Fauci has waffled all over the place over the years about masks, vaccinations and the disease itself. The NIH has lied and spent money supporting China's Wuhan lab's research that led to this disease. If you believe that Joe Biden is an expert on anything you might need your head examined.

You're proving yourself another of the internet "experts" that has not a notion of how things actually work. Weird, we admitted a patient taking ivermectin, which can be deadly, for severe dehydration with a critically low sodium, magnesium, etc. My sister-in-law had a patient that REFUSED any treatment other than what she read about on the internet. Well, her first dose of the "safe" hydroxychloroquine caused QT-elongation and ultimately a fatal arrhythmia within hours of administration. But as most of you internet experts, you've tried to qualify your statement with information and opinion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

The truth is the "safe" treatments are only as "safe" as they are when a trained physician assesses risks and benefits of the drug and prescribes it appropriately.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

It would take a doctoral thesis to fully describe how this stupid sumbich could coalesce vaccines with MaB's.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I tested positive the first week of november. Missed five weeks of work. I have never been that sick that long in my life. I'm 61. Doc says I have the long covid. I feel ok, no stamina low energy. I lost 24 pounds, have only gained 10 back. I'm not vaccinated either. I go wednesday for the shot. I'm no medical expert or can I say what to take or not. All I know is I don't want it again. I know a lot of folks in the rural area I live that are gone because of covid,

My Doc warned against getting the vax... if you have had the Rona recently... think it was 90 days minimum. I could be wrong. Check with your Doc.

His PA had the Rona... got the shot a month later and it really hurt her bad.

No idea if this is good or bad counsel for others... I am not a Doc. Just what I know.

Personally, I have had the rona enough times I don't much think about getting it a 4th or 5th time any more. Cases become almost nothing after the first or second one... at least in my experience.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This patient - did they have any history of arrhythmia or other Cardiovascular disease?

What 'dose' of HCQ did they take?

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,622
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.