Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
SSS and poison is largely Internet and barstool fodder.

99% of guys will never lay eyes on a wolf.

99.9% will never get a shot at one.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ribka
Congrats to BHA clowns like cal dumbed buzzh for getting wolves into the world's largest elk herd in Colorado. Since wolves have been introduced into Washington elk tags and seasons have been reduced over 50 per cent. .Oregon has hjsut gone to draw only non res archery tags because of the wolves. Used to be OTC tags over 50 yers

I never understand anti hunting, pro wolf trolls like you even bother posting on here.

Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Dogcatcher: I hate to say "I told you so" - but "I told you so"!
I warned the CampFirers in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico that the scourge that is the transplanted Canadian Wolves would soon be ruining things for them - unless they fought the re-introductions tooth and nail.
Sounds like "it" (the scourge) is starting in the southern Rocky Mountain states now.
Sad.
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

So what's the RMEF going to do when there are so few elk that the season is closed on them?

Same old rhetoric. MT has a 6 month season on elk and soon you will be able to kill 3. WY has a long season and you can kill multiple.

Not in favor of wolves but it’s not the doom and gloom guys try to make it out to be.

Guys that couldn’t kill elk before the wolf simply blame wolves for not being able to kill them after the wolf.

Hey dough boy, how many wolves have you killed? The is one behind every tree in N. Idaho

Killing one would require you to actually get off the pavement though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Since wolves have been introduced into Washington elk tags and seasons have been reduced over 50 per cent. .Oregon has hjsut gone to draw only non res archery.

This is a lie.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're coming right for us!

Last edited by DavePrice; 01/22/22.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
And, wolves are protected in Colorado, so they can't be killed even if eating your dog and cows. The article lefties say you need to scare them away with human presence like riding ATV's etc 🙄

I have posted this before but will do so again….. I have a plot of ground in an area where lots range from 35 to 160 acres. There is an HOA. We had had a number of recent lion sightings and the head of our HOA…. A lady who had recently come to Colorado from Chicago, sent out a notice to all the landholders stating that mountain lions could not be harmed nor shot….. even if the lion was attacking your dog or horse…. it was against the law….

So, I responded to all the HOA that this was not actually the case and that if one followed the “Rule of the 3 S’s,” lions pestering horses or attacking pets could be disposed of. This lady came unglued …. She emailed all of us that she was a registered with the DOW as a “friend of wildlife” and it was her responsibility to report incidents of illegal killing of wildlife. Much fun was had as I patiently explained that …if….the “Rule of the 3’s” was carefully adhered to …..there would be no repercussions to the landowner who might have to shoot a lion to protect his dog.

Fun came to an end when someone explained the “Rule” to her and I received a big “harrumph.”

Last edited by TF49; 01/22/22.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Obviously aren't killing THEIR cattle...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Since wolves have been introduced into Washington elk tags and seasons have been reduced over 50 per cent. .Oregon has hjsut gone to draw only non res archery.

This is a lie.

PROVE IT

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Shooting, trapping, snaring, isn't going to put a dent into an established Wolf population.
They do kill for fun, do kill healthy Bucks/Bulls/Cows/Does as routine, fawns and especially Calves, that isn't all they kill, they can and will kill anything and everything they can. It doesn't take a pack to do it, a couple Wolves (2) will take down any Ungulate on this Continent.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

This is a lie.

PROVE IT

Look at the regs. It’s so easy even a Texan can do it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by kennyd
Wolves only kill lame old animals and just enough to subsist.

I hope that is satire

Absolutely. Read my comments in the second paragraph

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This is a lie.

PROVE IT

Look at the regs. It’s so easy even a Texan can do it.

Once again, PROVE IT you dipschitt

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well I guess not easy enough for all Texans.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm surprised a rancher would just sit back and let his cows and dog be munched. SSS

When you've got one pair and everyone knows how many pups they had, seems like it'd be kind of hard to stay under the radar if you decided to thin the pack.
I can tell you from experience, if you kill an animal unobserved and walk off without touching it I don't care if it is in your front yard they will play hell convicting you. Just do NOT make any statements. Repeating, do NOT make any statements.

Until they knock your door down at 3:00 AM, seize all your weapons, and swear they made a ballistic match to the bullet that killed the wolf.

Which they may or may not have ever actually found.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Love to see Democrats reaping what they've sown.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
SSS and poison is largely Internet and barstool fodder.

99% of guys will never lay eyes on a wolf.

99.9% will never get a shot at one.

Well, unless you happen to set up a shooting position 600 yds from last night's wolf killed cow. There's an even chance you will kill a wolf the next day.

I hear that a 130 accubond from a 6.5-284 is well suited to the task.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm surprised a rancher would just sit back and let his cows and dog be munched. SSS

When you've got one pair and everyone knows how many pups they had, seems like it'd be kind of hard to stay under the radar if you decided to thin the pack.
I can tell you from experience, if you kill an animal unobserved and walk off without touching it I don't care if it is in your front yard they will play hell convicting you. Just do NOT make any statements. Repeating, do NOT make any statements.

Absolutely true! A longtime game warden friend told me that the best evidence they (usually) are able to collect from a SSS scene where one or more of the “S’s” were not adhered to was the boot prints around the carcass. He said that everyone wants to get up close to the wolf they killed so they walk up to it and gawk at it before leaving. He said that if someone shoots a wolf and does NOT leave their boot prints around the carcass a charge, let alone a conviction is significantly more difficult. His advice to me, should I ever find myself in that situation, was to collect my brass and exit the area the same way I came in obscuring my tracks in the process but first and foremost he said to NEVER walk up to the dead wolf….ever!

We live on a small island with 1 road in and out. The Stillaquamish River cuts through the delta and is the water that actually makes us an island, effectively cutting us off from the mainland. The North Cascades are only a stones throw from us as the crow flies. In the past couple of years we’ve had various carnivores visit our island with great pictures to prove their presence. We’ve had several good sized black bears visit our island but they usually fall for the old donuts and apple in a barrel trick which means they get a free one way trip back to the North Cascades. We’ve had several cougars visit us in the past couple years as well but they’re not as willing to be live trapped. A couple of weeks ago a picture was posted by a local family that live a mile or so away of what they believed was a wolf. I was asked by several people what my opinion was of the species of canine in the picture. I was (and am) blown away because without question the animal pictured was at very least half wolf. In my unscientific but well informed opinion that animal was without a doubt a wolf. It was very dark but not jet black and it was very large (tall legs). I’ve seen plenty of wolves and countless coyotes so I know the difference and this animal was NOT a coyote. On our way to dinner last night we raced a big male coyote for a 100 yards or so before he jumped into the woods and there’s no comparison between the 2. I doubt that wolf stuck around as it’s not been seen since so I’m sure that once he realized that he’s in the wrong neighborhood he hightailed it back to the mountains.

I’ve said it before and I still feel the same way…..I love being in the wild places and those places are more wild and exhilarating to me when the critters that should be there are there. Bears, cougars, wolves, etc make the wilderness what it is and I don’t want that to change. Unfortunately wolves don’t always stay put and when they don’t that’s when the conflicts happen. All predators need to be managed properly and their numbers must be kept in check. I don’t hate wolves….. I hate liberals and I hate how the liberals use and abuse our politicized court system to force their will on others. I also hate our corrupt court system. There are threats all around us but wolves ain’t one of them.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well said.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Something you should know.....game management in parts of the USA is far superior to the game management we have here in BC, not even close. As an example, Idaho has been viewed by many here as the model we would like to be, but politics wont allow for increased game populations here.

It makes me wonder about the good work many game managers have done in some of the states, only to loose any control because of a devastated game population. The big loser is going to be the hunting community, and in my view, it wont be coming back without Wolf numbers brought back to zero or near zero.

I believe that to be true because that is what has happened here, there are other contributing factors that will play out in time, like they have here. The introduction of Wolves could be viewed similar to a free for all for hunters on the Elk pops without any rules or management in any way....think about it.

Last edited by 673; 01/23/22.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 3,389 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,373
Posts18,469,350
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.