Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, schools are not drug treatment or diagnostic centers.

They need to get out of all socially related issue & start (again) teaching student the educational skills they need, nothing more, nothing less.

Parents & doctors are for treating drug or other medically related issue.

MM

G
G
Boy have I been on all sides of this issue. My son has had friends die to ODIng and he has had friends saved. The stories I could tell would give most people shivers. I think the main thing you are underestimating is the influence that other kids and the school has on kids and how bad that can be and how hard it is to get that influence under control. This glosses over how bad some parents are. Maybe I do still agree that the dealers should be dealt with swiftly for a generation or two until we have some control over what everyone is exposed to but I don't think that will really solve the problem of culture and the breakdown of the family. Narcan right now is a patch, just trying to keep them alive until they wake up, but it really isn't any better than a defibrillator. The addiction treatment system is a joke. Basically everything related to this needs a complete rework and that's a daunting task. For now Narcan isn't super costly, it does save children (because that's what we are talking about) and it's a first step patch until adults figure out the rest of the solutions. Right now, having seen the systems in place, it seems like the patients are in charge of the asylum.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kid goes to school. Has a severe nut allergy. Sits next to another kid in the cafeteria who opens up a PBJ sandwich. Goes into severe anaphylactic shock. You gonna pop him with an epi pen or let Darwin take over? Same thing. Save a life with a simple injection or let them die in front of the whole school.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Please indulge this hypothetical:

It's your kid - an otherwise good kid that's gotten caught up in something he/she is too naive to understand the gravity/risk of using fentanyl.
The school should let your kid die when something could have prevented it?

It's not always the poor kids on welfare doing drugs. In my neck of the woods, it's the two most affluent schools in the area with the biggest drug problem.

Until the root of the problem gets solved, it's a way to save a life.

its a [bleep] deal all the way around......flip side of your scenario...little johnny goes to the edge of death and then ..its a miracle he is brought back ....to cool...its a new high lets do it again...and other young kids want to be cool also.....now you have a new cycle.....bob

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Schools should not be given any more control whatsoever. The schools need to be reigned in.

Look at this sh.it in CA. Two teachers trying to convince an 11 year old girl she is a trans boy,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ulated-child-change-gender-identity.html

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Croaker
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
I agree with this, and think it should be done. Do you disagree?

I absolutely disagree.

You think that 7th grader was going to cure cancer?

Some of you are too old and cantankerous to remember how stupid your were in high school.

no...i'm not I did plenty of stupid [bleep] in high school, and beyond....drugs was neevr one of them...why is it so hard to understand that drugs, whether it be Heroin, coke or pot is bad [bleep] and you shouldnt get involved with it..

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Guurn
Boy have I been on all sides of this issue. My son has had friends die to ODIng and he has had friends saved. The stories I could tell would give most people shivers. I think the main thing you are underestimating is the influence that other kids and the school has on kids and how bad that can be and how hard it is to get that influence under control. This glosses over how bad some parents are. Maybe I do still agree that the dealers should be dealt with swiftly for a generation or two until we have some control over what everyone is exposed to but I don't think that will really solve the problem of culture and the breakdown of the family. Narcan right now is a patch, just trying to keep them alive until they wake up, but it really isn't any better than a defibrillator. The addiction treatment system is a joke. Basically everything related to this needs a complete rework and that's a daunting task. For now Narcan isn't super costly, it does save children (because that's what we are talking about) and it's a first step patch until adults figure out the rest of the solutions. Right now, having seen the systems in place, it seems like the patients are in charge of the asylum.

It is a patch. And a good one to bring them back. Kids are just that. Kids. And sometimes
they, and parents learn the hard way. I wish non of that on anybody. I have a freshman
as I speak. I’m bold about drugs with him. Doesn’t mean anything. I lose sleep worrying
about my kid.

Big Jim, I’m sure your a good father. You have proved that.

Drugs aren’t racist. I’m on a swivel with my punk as s kid.

He’s not fooling me.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, I am not against Narcan in schools.

I am not against it for anyone.

I just dont want a bunch of home ec teachers finding some unresponsive kid not breathing and throw a bunch of narcan at him.

Then wonder why he doesn't snap out of it like in the movies.

Oh well...we did all we could.

Why not place him in the recovery position? Why not breathe for him?

I like the idea of bringing back a school nurse.

There is no reason to lose a kid because you didn't have Narcan.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you watch the shoet video I linked, a patrol deputy OD'd just from being present. It took a few shots of nalox to keep him alive.

I stand behind free tags (even out of state) for drug dealers and mules.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A powder as deadly as fentanyl?

In the hands of a typical Doofus high school student?

What could go wrong?

I’m all for Narcan in schools.

The kid overdosing might not be the one that brung it.

..and even well-raised teenagers can do incredibly stupid things, which is why we call them “minors” and hold them to a different legal standard.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,840
Posts18,496,853
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.