Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I sold a bunch last Friday . sitting one 300 k in cash . Waiting awhile to jump back in

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by ribka
I sold a bunch last Friday . sitting one 300 k in cash . Waiting awhile to jump back in

Great day for the 'DEV,......Teasing 200K in gains with that one now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by broomd

What's the DEV?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by erikj

What's the DEV?

Energy sector...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
At least I am assuming Devon...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ZIM 4 da win!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Angus1895
ZIM 4 da win!

LOL...

Pam and tossing quarters... "This ain't Unicef"...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Cash. Btw, I agree with your strategy. Investing in hard assets you're familiar with is solid advice.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Getting clubbed like a baby seal this week.

This is a very serious situation that the Fed is expected to do something about. Who knows what might happen next week, because everything keeps deteriorating.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by elephantrider

This is a very serious situation that the Fed is expected to do something about. Who knows what might happen next week, because everything keeps deteriorating.

The Fed has an empty sack...

Maybe a couple of short term tools to stop the hemorrhage, but NOTHING to save patient...

We are standing on the edge of a mud cliff... and an earthquake is coming.

That is just my opinion...

There is no Dot Com boom on this horizon as best I can see.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by erikj

What's the DEV?

Sorry that was abbreviated for CDEV. Centenial Development.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Baby seal for breakfast anyone?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
CashisKing is right. Hard assets. However, it is a bit late for me cause assets are already high, like land. I do have 3 small parcels though including a payed off house on 4 acres. The other 2 parcels are 7 ac. river front parcels. Now, I wish I had a dozen of those parcels. The next best thing is owning companie's stocks that own hard assets. It is not the same , but still good . I am still up 1.3% this year cause I have a lot of energy and pipeline stocks, real- estate and utilities. I also own Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniels Midland, Tyson, Smuckers Jelly and Kroger . I think food stocks , will do ok, they seem to go up when the shtf along with gold and utilities. I took 5K out of the S&P 500 the other day. There is always something to buy.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

There's really no good answer. If they keep pumping liquidity into the system, it just makes the current inflation problem worse, and it will make the inevitable hangover worse. If they start pulling liquidity out and raise rates as much as they need to, it'll reverse a multi decade down trend in rates. That will likely cap housing values and start a multi year bear market. We'll see how it plays out.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ihookem
I took 5K out of the S&P 500 the other day. There is always something to buy.

SMART MAN...

Own something... it will rise with the tide caused by the BS toilet flushing.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

There's really no good answer. If they keep pumping liquidity into the system, it just makes the current inflation problem worse, and it will make the inevitable hangover worse. If they start pulling liquidity out and raise rates as much as they need to, it'll reverse a multi decade down trend in rates. That will likely cap housing values and start a multi year bear market. We'll see how it plays out.

To recap...

The Fed has an empty sack.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
There will be market run ups... maybe even tomorrow after 10 am... but the OVERALL... IMHO is watch your ass.

The days of 12%-20% are getting replaced by zero zero or negative 20% -40%... PLUS STUPID ASS INTENTIONAL INFLATION.

I see nothing on the American horizon that has legs...

Oil has some potential, but a it is vexing... oil up... cars down... transportation is all fugged up.

EV is a joke... absolutely no backbone... it will be a failed Build Back Better... and ABSOLUTELY NOT the next Dot Com boom. Logistics are in total disarray.

Rona fear is the big Trump card... and fear is waning.

I buy HARD COMMODITIES that I can PHYSICALLY HOLD and later sell or trade.

I am not trying to spread panic... ONLY... just get your chit in order... weird stuff is being DELIBERATELY THROWN AT YOU...

OF COURSE... YMMV

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You can bet our congressman have placed their calls way before us serfs

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Angus1895
ZIM 4 da win!

Thanks for the tip! I just picked some up.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Been watching the trading action very closely for 3 days here and I'll tell ya, if Putin gets froggy in the next few days, things may get ugly very quickly.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 219DW, 19 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,754
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.