Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Whelenman
There lots of good people here!!!!

Yep, still a lot of solid gentleman here.

Someone referenced folks PM'ing in anonymity and communication manners displayed – BIG +1 to that.

You PM with an inquiry, you best introduce yourself - it's what men do.

Many should Scotts advice.

GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
I wish there were selling categories. Just saw athletic pants next to a rifle.

This would be a great feature

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Should have a separate forum for firearms and one for other related stuff (ammo, knives, clothing, etc.) That would be very helpful.

JohnP
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Clintopher
Originally Posted by thomasconnor
I wish there were selling categories. Just saw athletic pants next to a rifle.

This would be a great feature

How are you gonna find stuff you didn’t know you needed?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whelenman
There lots of good people here!!!!

Yep, still a lot of solid gentleman here.

Someone referenced folks PM'ing in anonymity and communication manners displayed – BIG +1 to that.

Bingo. I'll judge a member more on communication and manners than post count.

And I agree with Denny, there's still a lot of good guys here, including Toby.😀

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Things change, what doesn’t? Troublemakers come and go, read the previous posts above for some of the latest drama. If you stay above it / out of it, it shouldn’t matter to your life. It hasn’t to me in 12 years. I joined in 2010, my first post was a “WTB” ad for a 30-06 - oh how stupid was I back then! We could have a little contest for people to guess who was the person who responded to me with “a great deal” - I should give away a free Wendy’s frosty to the winner…

It was none other than —————- Safariman! He had some Mauser action based bastard of a rifle he would let go for the low, low price of $400. I even think the photo of it was on the hood of the infamous Chevy Avalanche which became the source of much conversation within the next 2 years. No, I did not buy it.

I have done at least 100 transactions on this forum in the last 12 years, never been ripped off. Some haven’t gone perfectly, I remember purchasing a Burris Signature HD scope that was supposedly NIB. It might have been, but the box wasn’t sealed and any moron could see the reticle was canted so bad Stevie Wonder could have seen it. Somebody just made it my problem by selling it to me. I sent it in to Burris, they repaired it, I eventually sold it on locally. Ironically the seller could have driven it to Burris’s front door he was so close, I think he had something to do with their 2nds as he sold a bunch of Burris stuff. Oh well. I remember his screen name and pay extra attention if he is selling something I may be interested in.

I bought a Nikon Coyote scope prob 9 years ago. Seller got bent out of shape with me because I assumed shipping was included, but he said it wasn’t. Ad didn’t say either way. Just poor communication, so i sucked up and paid the shipping. He attitude and communication to me was rude and accusatory. Still remember his username, lesson learned.

Two months ago I was looking for 100 shells of nickel plated 308. Seller contacted me with 100 cleaned, sized, primed Federal pieces. Exactly what I was looking for, less than 24 hours within my initial posting! Paid what he was asking, didn’t even try to negotiate, and was ecstatic with the transaction. I could not have found those with primers ANYWHERE else. This place is awesome for stuff like that, but even more so for the collective wisdom of people who know an incredible amount about firearms, shooting, the outdoors, etc.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by mtjoe
I see more NEW Gun show prices! Sad!

Most are open to offers.Hard to start too low and price it up.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1) All the good guys have left.

2) I often respond to PM's sent to me w/o signing my name. If I initiate contact I generally introduce myself. I figure anyone that doesn't know my name at this point hasn't been paying attention.

It's not personal.

LOL
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O

IMO only firearm related items should be allowed for sale and pictures of items should be required.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by old_boots

IMO only firearm related items should be allowed for sale and pictures of items should be required.

You have a right to your opinion, but I absolutely disagree. I've bought and sold plenty of items unrelated to firearms on this site. The classifieds is a marketplace. If there isn't any interest in an item it won't sell.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by old_boots

You have a right to your opinion, but I absolutely disagree. I've bought and sold plenty of items unrelated to firearms on this site. The classifieds is a marketplace. If there isn't any interest in an item it won't sell.

Plus 1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Used to be able to check in the morning and in the evening and have a chance to find things you were looking for. Now you compete with the businesses that are running a computer program or an app on their phone that notifies them every time a new item is listed.

The difference between a community and a market place.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Bingo. I'll judge a member more on communication and manners than post count.
And I agree with Denny, there's still a lot of good guys here, including Toby.😀

A big, huge, frickin' amen to this. I know common courtesy isn't so common anymore. But come one people. At least feel compelled to exhibit it while trying to transact business with someone. I pm'd a member several times trying to arrange a deal. Absolutely zero response, for three pms. My eventual response? "Numbnuts has removed himself from this conversatioon". Yes, he read each one as it was sent.

Why would you send a pm without at least simple manners? I answer them in a friendly manner; but, I get sick of pms with nothing else but: "best price?", "why selling?", "trades?". Good grief people, have a conversation and sign your name, even a fake one. Put your frickin' location under your handle. These are minor pet peeves and I treat all the same irrespective of the above lack of good social skills.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
My only complaint is the new guys with low post counts have "NO" communication manners. They send PM'S with no name to reference a proper reply.

I sold 3 die sets in December and received several messages asking "If the die's were in good shape". Really???

i helped one campfire member needing shotgun hulls and added extra hulls and factory folded boxes
for 20 gauge and Winchester factory folded 28 gauge boxes.....NOT EVEN A PM OR TEXT..... Thank you. I gave him the hulls and just charged for the shipping. 28 gauge hulls are hard to come by these days.

To many "Children" have invaded our classified forum.

Doc

This. Communication is key. If I send a PM about buying an item, you'll get my full name, cell phone, and email. I provide the same when someone PMs me interested in buying something. That way the 'fire isn't the only method of comms. Just this morning, tclubber called me because he needed something re-sent via email to ship a gun I bought from him. Because I didn't respond to the PM because I hadn't been on the computer. Which is why I provide my cell number. Perfect. The deal with him has gone great because there is lots of communication. And I trust people who communicate well.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by johnp034
Should have a separate forum for firearms and one for other related stuff (ammo, knives, clothing, etc.) That would be very helpful.

Definitely would appreciate a breakdown of sorts like they’ve got on some of the mustang forums for example, like firearms, firearm parts, ammo and reloading supplies, and a miscellaneous spot each.

On another note for those commenting on the lack of introduction or contact information in PM inquiries on stuff listed, pretty much boils down to how much you trust folks on the internet. I’m not a big trust guy, if it’s someone I’ve done business with several times successfully I’ll usually give mine

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ClayBelt
Originally Posted by johnp034

Definitely would appreciate a breakdown of sorts like they’ve got on some of the mustang forums for example, like firearms, firearm parts, ammo and reloading supplies, and a miscellaneous spot each.

On another note for those commenting on the lack of introduction or contact information in PM inquiries on stuff listed, pretty much boils down to how much you trust folks on the internet. I’m not a big trust guy, if it’s someone I’ve done business with several times successfully I’ll usually give mine

I can understand that. For someone like myself, as soon as I give you my name, you can run it through Google and find my cell phone and email very easily. I'm a Lutheran pastor, so it's easily available.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (2500HD, 160user, 69sportfury, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 13 invisible), 1,707 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,094
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.