-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If only in "fairness",I've not skinned a NIB scope outta it's parcel,since today. For more "fairness",judging from parcel Scripts,there appears to be a "few" more to carve open. Tossing this one aboard a Vudoo now. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

FFP and a Milscale,with a plenty capable etched reticle,that actually "does" sumptin'. Don't fret the external ocular shipping debris. All of which is VERY Non-Reupold-esque. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

But Reupold can do ONE thang. Hint.

Too fhuqking funny! Hint.

[video:yahoo]https://youtu.be/TqgJD8l8BqY[/video]

Reupold Spotters are "awesome" too. Hint.

Some folks actually shoot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by Pappy348

I noticed the short ER, 3.11-3.19 inches, the other day while I was perusing them.

"the other day while I was perusing them"....

That has kind of a Nigerian ring to it.

You have a dumbass ring to your posts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
A quick google says that Maven ain’t cheap.

I say add a couple hundie and get a Zeiss V4 demo unit from RHR. Zeiss > Maven.

I'd get another Tract they are top notch

I wouldn’t know, but I trust you on that!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmmmmmm A Reupold Broken Rink,what were the "odds"?!? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

More parcels. Hint.

You gals REALLY "get after it" and "know your stuff". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

LAUGHING!................

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Is that your ladies gun......

hint hint

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've used Leupold scopes for ~ 30 years, 3 scopes had to be returned for repair, internals messed up.

In their use over those years they were very frustrating to get a zero then hold it. Seems every time I did a range day the scopes never held a tight zero.

One poster mentioned the elite series of Bushnell, had a 4.5x30 Tactical Elite, it tracked fairly well but I did discover that it did not hold a solid zero, eg: on a target rifle usually get in the <1 moa range, I replaced the scope and with the same set up, loads rifle etc. the rifle now would consistently group 0.5-0.6 moa at 330 yards, 5 and 10 shot groups. Certainly no issue for a hunter, but not much good for a competitive shooter.

SWFA does hold zero and track well, as does Sightron III's.

And, mounting a scope properly is key to get the best performance.

Leupold , like many other 'old' companies has decided to take the equity out of the brand, I'm sure they can manufacture anything that would compete with the world's best but do not. Quick cash is the business model and [bleep] the future.

Yep, a Rem 700 with a Leupold on top was the state of the art 40 years ago, both companies considered 'blue collar' premiums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fun to see there is still some Leupold Derangement Syndrom floating around.

One Pro Tip I would offer is to only mount Leupolds on good rifles.

This will dramatically reduce the failure rate. wink

That said there sure are a lot of good choices in scopes these days.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I would spend $800 on a 1-5x, 30mm tube with 36mm objective, relatively small ocular bell, 4 inches of eye relief and bulletproof, repeatable adjustments.

The FX-II Leupolds are supposed to be bomb-proof, so I'm a little disappointed to learn that's not exactly true. But they do offer mounting ease, light weight, smaller oculars for bolt clearance while still providing ~4" eye relief (5" with the tiny 2.5x20mm!), and low mounting capabilities in an era of Hubble style overkill.

I didn't believe that low power could make for small groups until I tried it off the bench with the FX-II 2.5x20mm and shot way better than I thought it would turn out. Don't get me wrong, I really like watching .22 holes appear at 32x at 50m. But this is only to see how accurate the rifle is. For a bench rifle, a fixed 32x that focuses down to 50 yards would do everything I want, rimfire or centrefire.

From field positions doing target stuff, experience says 16x-20x is about my limit. A 4-16x40mm with AO down to 20 yards would be my perfect general purpose .22 For a hunting rifle, see the first line.

Anyway, sounds like the only real complaint is Leupold adjustments, so if they make that part bombproof, everyone can go back to loving them. Sad that they discontinued the fixed 4x32mm and 6x36mm. Those were ideal form factors.

Out of all these posts, is there consensus on a point in the Leupold lineup where the adjustments are generally bulletproof?

Last edited by philthygeezer; 01/30/22.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I picked an old Kaps at a gun show once... maybe $100... and maybe 40 years old.

I must say... it is damn impressive glass... close to the class of a Kahles... almost.

26mm tube was a PITA however... I remember reaming the rings was irritating, but the only option I had (spec rings were 99.9% impossible to find).

It sits on a CZ-550 medium in 9,3x62 Mauser... and makes for a good combination.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

I picked an old Kaps at a gun show once... maybe $100... and maybe 40 years old.

I must say... it is damn impressive glass... close to the class of a Kahles... almost.

26mm tube was a PITA however... I remember reaming the rings was irritating, but the only option I had (spec rings were 99.9% impossible to find).

It sits on a CZ-550 medium in 9,3x62 Mauser... and makes for a good combination.

Rifle came to me as a parts gun... stock (Hogback) was a disaster on "bedding" (unset JB weld or puddy?). Hogback is a TERRIBLE FIT for me... made some mods... final finish is textured silicon (odd yes... but very grippy)... I may restock later... or not.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Is it just me or is that not a gay looking gun.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

I don't know about "gay", but it's pretty fu cked up.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by LFC

Are you uniquely qualified to judge that?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by LFC

I don't know about "gay", but it's pretty fu cked up.

Yeah... I has kinda always ben likes that.

Take on junker projects (like BS A-Merc ammo/powder) and try an make sum silk purse outta sum sow's ear.

Cant's find no targets for the CZ-550, but hear be one with my crappy 700 and sum junker A-Merc powder.

Wanna shoots fur pinks sumtime?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Point being... Kaps makes good glass.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Stick boy bishes about everything being junk and falling apart. What's the common denominator here? Hmmm...

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I wouldn’t know, but I trust you on that!

If you would limit yourself to this observation on all your posts, you wouldn’t be so hated.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,348
Posts18,506,238
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.