Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The NR “battle” will never end with everybody being happy.

I am not anti NR and agree they have an economic impact to the small gateway towns, but here’s some perspective.

We know the owners of a store/station in a small gateway town and have had this discussion numerous times. A NR will usually pull in a day or two before the hunt, fill up, buy a few last minute needs and maybe fill up 2/3 times during the hunt and possibly replace a few necessities.

A resident hunting near the same town will visit the same town 2, 5, 10 times before the hunt and spend the same money a NR does during the hunt. This is not to say a NR doesn’t add to the economy, but at the end of the year, the residents brings in substantially more money to these gateway towns.

The numbers may be different in a state with OTC licenses like Colorado?

Eta; it is typically the outfitters that make the argument that NR hunters keep the lights on in the small gateway towns.

Last edited by SLM; 12/30/21.
GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My experience as a NR hunter is what I spend locally for a 9 day hunt:
Motel 10 days $1200
Groceries $120
Gas $150
2 dinners out $80
Couple of lunches or breakfast $40
Meat processor $400 - $600
Taxidermist European mount $275
Local gear purchases, etc. $50
Licenses $1,100

Do the math for 8 of us usually.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by 300_savage
While I occasionally am irritated with out of state hunters, most are good people and darn sure support the local economy. The folks I let hunt rent 2 motel rooms for a week, eat 2 meals a day in restaurants for a week, and burn a lot of local gas getting to their hunting area and back,, and buy snacks for the day in the field. They also like to stop in the local stores if they get their deer before they have to head back.

I would take NR hunters over immigrant resident hunter any day.

The hunter that moves to MT and becomes a know it all are the worse. They are self serving and do little to help wildlife while constantly suggesting things to serve themselves.

A good point.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Originally Posted by Westman
You wanna read some Buzz BHA bullshit go over to Rokslide and the elk thread were Buzz was claiming domestic dogs kill more cattle than wolves.
Typical BHA wolf lover.

Which elk thread?

My crystal ball is still in the maintenance shop......

On Rokslide, click on the one titled elk.
Its the one under first wolf kill of livestock in Colorado, its about 9 pages long now.
More BHA wisdom

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/first-wolf-kill-of-livestock-in-colorado.245776/

Thanks guys....an interesting read.

H
H
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Highfastflyer
Originally Posted by tzone
[quote=Rock Chuck]

Tell him F-off and rent a helicopter. Hell, if it's less than a grad it's a win. If it's more than a grand, it's worth it to piss in his cornflakes.

Highly doubtful they will let you on for $1000 anymore. Even the cow hunts start at $1500, many are now $2500. Outfitters leased up all those big ranches in the past few decades, it’s a rich mans game now. If you could get on for a grand that’s a huge bargain anymore, Sadly.

Another poorly educated BHA sock puppet. You should concentrate in your area of speciality -banning firearms. What a clown

Never been to a BHA meeting or paid them a dime, though I did contribute to this Corner Crossing Defense fund as any worthy sportsmen should who favors hunting public lands. Give BHA credit for stepping up to the plate. By the way your bigotry and racism are well Noted.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Another last minute fake sock puppet account to push BHA's anti gun agenda.

BHA could and should have filed suit a decade ago with their millions of dollars they scammed from their goober members. Just shows what a joke they are. BHA has done nothing and have not donated one cent of their millions of dollars to stop the anti hunting and anti trapping laws enacted recently in NM, Oregon, Colorado, California, Washington. NOT ONE CENT!V But their scamming BHA leaders make a good buck.

Why would any hunter donate to an anti second amendment, anti hunting organization.

Is your BHA Hero Land Tawney the ginger khhhunt still scheming to enact more gun confiscation with Biden and Beto ? lol How much money did he scam over the years from unsuspecting BHA members ?

How about BHA super star Randy Newberg? He still getting paid under the rug by states to pimp out their endangered species like coues and mule deer? Funny when his scam was brought up on hunt talk he immediately shut the thread down and banned members for revealing his scam. He's a real upstanding hunter lol
And you can thank BHA for introducing wolves into the largest elk herd in the world in Colorado.

This is the real face of BHA.

[quote=Rock Chuck]

Tell him F-off and rent a helicopter. Hell, if it's less than a grad it's a win. If it's more than a grand, it's worth it to piss in his cornflakes.

Highly doubtful they will let you on for $1000 anymore. Even the cow hunts start at $1500, many are now $2500. Outfitters leased up all those big ranches in the past few decades, it’s a rich mans game now. If you could get on for a grand that’s a huge bargain anymore, Sadly.

Another poorly educated BHA sock puppet. You should concentrate in your area of speciality -banning firearms. What a clown

Never been to a BHA meeting or paid them a dime, though I did contribute to this Corner Crossing Defense fund as any worthy sportsmen should who favors hunting public lands. Give BHA credit for stepping up to the plate. By the way your bigotry and racism are well Noted.

Last edited by ribka; 01/02/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BWalker
B walker maybe its time montana and Idaho follows wyomings wilderness laws regarding hunting.

Long past due.
In addition NR tag allocation should be cut 50% for general licenses and for special draws by 75% or eliminated completely.

Montana can certainly decide how it wants to manage its game herds but are you willing to pay Non resident prices for all those hunting licenses. In 2019 latest figures I found, NR supplied almost 70% of Montana’s hunting license revenue with 26,600,000 for NR and only $ 12 Million for residents. Also are you willing to lose thousands of jobs in Montana and lost revenue which NR hunters pay into the local economy? https://www.fws.gov/wsfrprograms/subpages/licenseinfo/Natl%20Hunting%20License%20Report%202019.pdf

lol. Are you Randy's lil puppet? Randy afraid his pimping operation will dry up?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

BHA could and should have filed suit a decade ago with their millions of dollars they scammed from their goober members. Just shows what a joke they are. BHA has done nothing and have not donated one cent of their millions of dollars to stop the anti hunting and anti trapping laws enacted recently in NM, Oregon, Colorado, California, Washington. NOT ONE CENT!V But their scamming BHA leaders make a good buck.

Why would any hunter donate to an anti second amendment, anti hunting organization.

Is your BHA Hero Land Tawney the ginger khhhunt still scheming to enact more gun confiscation with Biden and Beto ? lol How much money did he scam over the years from unsuspecting BHA members ?

How about BHA super star Randy Newberg? He still getting paid under the rug by states to pimp out their endangered species like coues and mule deer? Funny when his scam was brought up on hunt talk he immediately shut the thread down and banned members for revealing his scam. He's a real upstanding hunter lol
And you can thank BHA for introducing wolves into the largest elk herd in the world in Colorado.

[quote=Rock Chuck]

You forgot the small game of AZ, pimp slapped the quail and doves real good...

Trying to keep this one on topic is pointless

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/02/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Shame what happened to the quail hunting in AZ. At least Randy made some good money off of pimping out natural resources .

what's next on Randy'sbank account DYI list? Arizona border ocelot hunts?

buzzy or caldumb or BHA's goober sock puppet HFF be along shortly o praise him for being conservationist of the year. lmao

Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

[quote=Rock Chuck]

You forgot the small game of AZ, pimp slapped the quail and doves real good...

Trying to keep this one on topic is pointless

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
NMBHA is beyond a joke. They took their FB page down this past year when they got heat for partnering with New Mexico Wildlife Federation, Forest Guardians, Southwest Environmental Center, Animal Protection Voters, The Audubon Society, WildEarth Guardians and just about every other left wing group to try and get a bill passed. They tried adding the elimination of the outfitter pool in hopes most would not read the rest of the bill and get behind it.

Katie DeLorenza, the regional director brought in that idiot Ryan Busse to try and smooth things out and all he did was piss a bunch more off. She went radio silent when the natives got restless. It was comical on the local boards watching him try and convince everyone BHA was going to save us all from ourselves. They can both kiss my ass.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I met Ryan Busse and he is a bigger anti hunting idiot doooshbag than Tawney. Says a good deal about the low standards at BHA

Originally Posted by SLM
NMBHA is beyond a joke. They took their FB page down this past year when they got heat for partnering with New Mexico Wildlife Federation, Forest Guardians, Southwest Environmental Center, Animal Protection Voters, The Audubon Society, WildEarth Guardians and just about every other left wing group to try and get a bill passed. They tried adding the elimination of the outfitter pool in hopes most would not read the rest of the bill and get behind it.

Katie DeLorenza, the regional director brought in that idiot Ryan Busse to try and smooth things out and all he did was piss a bunch more off. She went radio silent when the natives got restless. It was comical on the local boards watching him try and convince everyone BHA was going to save us all from ourselves. They can both kiss my ass.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks BuzzH for posting the update. This is one odd case IMO. Odd that the private land owners are attempting to deny access to public lands at a common corner. Airspace is even cited.

I read an article about this a few weeks back on Meat Eater and recall that it mentions the WY Hunting Regulation states that using a ladder to do the very thing the hunters did is acceptable. I haven't read the WY regulation book to confirm that. If true, just another thing that makes this one odd case to me.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mwarren
Thanks BuzzH for posting the update. This is one odd case IMO. Odd that the private land owners are attempting to deny access to public lands at a common corner. Airspace is even cited.

I read an article about this a few weeks back on Meat Eater and recall that it mentions the WY Hunting Regulation states that using a ladder to do the very thing the hunters did is acceptable. I haven't read the WY regulation book to confirm that. If true, just another thing that makes this one odd case to me.

That’s not stated anywhere in the regulations.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BuzzH

So would a dismissal set the same precedent as an acquittal?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Not a lawyer by any means but I read that as dismissal would stem from not enough whatever to bring a proveable case to trial.
I guess acquittal would stem from charges ,trial happens , but prosecution loses. Therefore defendent Acquitted.

Someone help me out here….

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
Not a lawyer by any means but I read that as dismissal would stem from not enough whatever to bring a proveable case to trial.
I guess acquittal would stem from charges ,trial happens , but prosecution loses. Therefore defendent Acquitted.

Someone help me out here….

The grounds for dismissal (according to defense attorney) is Federal law trumps state law. His lawyer is saying it never should had been prosecuted.

“Federal law prohibits any person or group of persons from preventing Mr. Yeomans, his friends, or others from freely passing through public lands,” the motion for dismissal states. “Consequently, private landowners cannot prevent or obstruct free passage from one section of public land to another by claiming that the common corner where two private sections of land and two public sections of land meet is their exclusive property, land, or premises.

“Accordingly, the State of Wyoming cannot prosecute Mr. Yeomans or any other person for criminal trespass when Mr. Yeomans or another person travels from one section of public land to another section of public land at a common corner with two sections of private land,” the motion reads.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thank you Jeff.
.That was how I interpreted it also .

That decision ( Fed trumping state law) could open up a whole can of worms for some ranchers that have been using "our" land for their own and denying due access to "us".

This decision will definitely set a precedent.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don't hunt Wyoming anymore, but I find this interesting and it has been a battle for a long time. I actually emailed the dipsh=t County Attorney in Rawlins one time, when I was headed out there to hunt elk. He is/was an arrogant ass and assured me at that time that they would prosecute, although no case had ever been won on it.

It needs to be settled once and for all.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Read this morning that the Public, via a Go Fund Me Page, has now raised $50K to defend the hunters in this corner crossing case.

In general I side with private property owners all the time, my parents owned some land and it was usually a PIA at hunting season with some bad neighbors who didn't seem to care...but this corner crossing case IMO is all about private property owners attempting to deny access to public land when the hunters aren't actually setting foot on the private land.

Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1badf350, 1minute, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 007FJ, 51 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,036
Posts18,500,720
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.