Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Why not a 243 or other 6mm?

Interesting.

Originally Posted by BuzzH
BuzzH.......how many times do you insist on regurgitating these already-posted photos?

Have you talked to any of the Douglas residents.........concerning the Iowa red F-150?

Details, Man! We need details. Last week 2021.

We'll give you a hint.........Cold Springs Road!

Think December 29th.

December 30th had 60+mph winds.........semi's blown over on I25.

Do you remember any of this?

BuzzH........yea, you are a 3rd grade graduate.........we all really admire that!

A 7-08 equals a 243? You are a friggin' genius. Just like Brad, except .308=243.....and all that gibberish.

You have it all........a low center-of-gravity, weeble-type, with a pointy head. Good in high winds.

Did you ask any of the Douglas, WY resident's about the Iowa Boy with the red grocery-getter F-150, last week 2021?

Give us all the details.......we are on pins/needles.

Sorry, too busy helping my NR friends.

Five elk in one day keeps a person hopping...although they were all loaded in the truck by 2 PM.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Two cows:

Sorry Mike, after we killed 8 elk in 3 days, I was left with very little time to head to Arizona chasing Coues deer.

I have a hunting schedule that would kill the average man.

Shot this buck on the 29th...402 yards with my 7-08, 4th Coues buck:

Too nice to scratch up in the catclaw, ocotillo, mesquite, and wait a minute bush that's why...just reworked it, my first hunting rifle, bought in 1978, that's killed a lot of game. Brand new fast twist pacnor, bedded, and I also refinished the stock.

Did shoot a cow elk and a pronghorn with it this year though, 370 yards with a 90 grain accubond, never left its bed:

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My response will likely be somewhat deterred/postponed.......given the recent and substantive supportive PM's.

LOL, "I'm getting a lot of substantive and supportive PMs about you." Hopefully more substantive than your posts.

So, elkslayer, happy camper, and who else mikey?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
This mike wiener guy is the dumbest and most annoying person with an account on this forum. That's quite an achievement.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Uh oh! That guy that hunts more than most.

Surely he is hitched by now. A real winner like that.

Smart too.

grin

Originally Posted by Greenhorn
This mike wiener guy is the dumbest and most annoying person with an account on this forum. That's quite an achievement.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I understand. This is what happens when Mitch Rompola fathers your children. If you spent more time with Mitch, you’d have more experienced hunting info to share. Think of him as if he were your step brother.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Is that a 'no' on the being hitched, then?

Always hated/despised un-asked-for advice.......but perhaps trying to 'act' more like an alpha-male may work, short term. Chicks kinda actually dig that.

Will likely end up in divorce.....when she sees through it all.....but she'll assuredly have been worth more than you going in, anyway.

Always remember.......it is the rest of the world, not you!

Thank me later.......and by all means, keep hunting more than most!

I understand. This is what happens when Mitch Rompola fathers your children. If you spent more time with Mitch, you’d have more experienced hunting info to share. Think of him as if he were your step brother.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
This old vid has made the rounds but if you haven’t watched it give it a looksee.

It's a dead elk for sure, but it's pretty clear it was hit quite far back in the butt or spine. Not exactly great shooting, but it got the job done that day (we all have off days and sometimes get a gift). Of course none of that is to say the 243 won't work on elk - it obviously will. I'd just not use that video as some sort of 6mm/elk testimonial. Quite the opposite, I'd say it's a bit of an indictment of shooting at 688 yards in wind by what appears to be a relatively inexperienced shooter.

Turn the video play back speed to 0.25 and the definition up to 1050 and watch on a large screen and you will see its a good shot......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Oh, Brother!

Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
This old vid has made the rounds but if you haven’t watched it give it a looksee.

It's a dead elk for sure, but it's pretty clear it was hit quite far back in the butt or spine. Not exactly great shooting, but it got the job done that day (we all have off days and sometimes get a gift). Of course none of that is to say the 243 won't work on elk - it obviously will. I'd just not use that video as some sort of 6mm/elk testimonial. Quite the opposite, I'd say it's a bit of an indictment of shooting at 688 yards in wind by what appears to be a relatively inexperienced shooter.

Turn the video play back speed to 0.25 and the definition up to 1050 and watch on a large screen and you will see its a good shot......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A 6mm for cow elk.......but a 7-08 for a pygmy, 90 pound, dinky whitetail?

Go figure.

Interesting.

BuzzH.......how many times do you insist on regurgitating these already-posted photos?

Have you talked to any of the Douglas residents.........concerning the Iowa red F-150?

Think December 29th.

BuzzH........yea, you are a 3rd grade graduate.........we all really admire that!

A 7-08 equals a 243? You are a friggin' genius. Just like Brad, except .308=243.....and all that gibberish.

You have it all........a low center-of-gravity, weeble-type, with a pointy head. Good in high winds.

Did you ask any of the Douglas, WY resident's about the Iowa Boy with the red grocery-getter F-150, last week 2021?

Five elk in one day keeps a person hopping...although they were all loaded in the truck by 2 PM.

Two cows:

Sorry Mike, after we killed 8 elk in 3 days, I was left with very little time to head to Arizona chasing Coues deer.

Too nice to scratch up in the catclaw, ocotillo, mesquite, and wait a minute bush that's why...just reworked it, my first hunting rifle, bought in 1978, that's killed a lot of game. Brand new fast twist pacnor, bedded, and I also refinished the stock.

Did shoot a cow elk and a pronghorn with it this year though, 370 yards with a 90 grain accubond, never left its bed:

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Always hated/despised un-asked-for advice.......but perhaps trying to 'act' more like an alpha-male may work, short term. Chicks kinda actually dig that.

Will likely end up in divorce.....when she sees through it all.....but she'll assuredly have been worth more than you going in, anyway.

I'll thank you now, and really, I appreciated the marriage and relationship advice. I can hardly fathom the strength and courage it took to keep your marriage afloat after the whole Mitch Rompola breeding with your wife thing. And having you raise those little bastards as your own.. That takes some real grace. My hat's off to you. Thanks again for all the tips, advice, and expertise on hunting, caliber selections, marriage, etc.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Greenyhorn......accepting reality from fantasy is an important first step.

You are special, let no one tell you different.

It is not you! The rest of the world is messed up!

We are in your corner. Take your meds.

I'll thank you now, and really, I appreciated the marriage and relationship advice. I can hardly fathom the strength and courage it took to keep your marriage afloat after the whole Mitch Rompola breeding with your wife thing. And having you raise those little bastards as your own.. That takes some real grace. My hat's off to you. Thanks again for all the tips, advice, and expertise on hunting, caliber selections, marriage, etc.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mike Wiener, In watching this video, I can totally see how your wife chose to be with Mitch, and not you. He has that charisma about him, that you don't. And obvious hunting knowledge/experience. I'm sure he's taken many elk with a .243.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Greenie.......you obviously have never had a stalker, from a past relationship.

Are you a stalker, by chance?

Never doubt your capabilities......You are worthy!

It is NOT the rest of the world.......You are a stud! Convince yourself!

Mike Wiener, In watching this video, I can totally see how your wife chose to be with Mitch, and not you. He has that charisma about him, that you don't. And obvious hunting knowledge/experience. I'm sure he's taken many elk with a .243.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Mr. Weiner. Hunted very little this year for deer and elk. 8 days in Colorado for mule deer, and a total 4 days for elk in MT (me and my daughter). about as little as I've ever done in my life. I did get to hunt bighorn sheep though. Hope the Iowa deer and WY cow elk are keeping you on your toes.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No worries........those that actually matter will maintain the mast/rudder.

No one has ever doubted your lack of any influence.....rest assured.

You are the best, single, non-desirable, little guy we have.......do the best you can!

Just keep hunting more than most!

You are special!

Mr. Weiner. Hunted very little this year for deer and elk. 8 days in Colorado for mule deer, and a total 4 days for elk in MT (me and my daughter). about as little as I've ever done in my life.

I did get to hunt sheep though. https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/mt-ram.307730/

Hope the Iowa deer and WY cow elk are keeping you on your toes.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
6mm for cow elk.......but a 7-08 for a pygmy, 90 pound, dinky whitetail?

Go figure.

Interesting.

Think December 29th.

[quote=MIKEWERNER]BuzzH........yea, you are a 3rd grade graduate...... all really admire that!

Two cows:

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Did you have to wipe the milk off that antelope's lips for that photo?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Greenhorn........perhaps a sober-up is in order!

You can obtain anything you want in life!

Just go for it!

Just sleep it off....all forgotten.

grin

Did you have to wipe the milk off that antelope's lips for that photo?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’m not sure if I’m more impressed with that abortion of a rifle, or that beautiful unburned scented candle collection..

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Sleep it off, Brother! I hated those tang-safety 77's.

PS......I prefer smoke sticks to a candle.

I’m not sure if I’m more impressed with that abortion of a rifle, or that beautiful unburned scented candle collection..

Page 29 of 30 1 2 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10Glocks, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 72 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,757
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.