Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Rather than articles written about the issue, could you post a link to the actual briefs?
Is it available on bha?

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
Rather than articles written about the issue, could you post a link to the actual briefs?
Is it available on bha?

I'll post up the motion when appropriate, I have a copy.

In the meantime...just out today:

https://wyofile.com/corner-crossing-bill-emerges-as-gf-commissioner-pulls-license-donation/

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I believe a complaint was submitted to the carbon County d.a. by G&F documenting allegations of hunter harassment by ranch employees.

That's off of my recollection from a few days ago, I'll go look up an article

wyofile article

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/15/22.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Is it available on bha?

https://wyofile.com/corner-crossing-bill-emerges-as-gf-commissioner-pulls-license-donation/

Buzz, I’ve I’ve talked quite a bit of shiit to you over the years. It’s easy to be a [bleep] via the www when a guy doesn’t know folks. So here I am, apologizing for being a ass to you. After googling your name, I never realized how much work you put in trying to make things better for outdoorsman. So here I am, saying “ I appreciate ya”.. thanks for what you do.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Judman
Is it available on bha?

Buzz, I’ve I’ve talked quite a bit of shiit to you over the years. It’s easy to be a [bleep] via the www when a guy doesn’t know folks. So here I am, apologizing for being a ass to you. After googling your name, I never realized how much work you put in trying to make things better for outdoorsman. So here I am, saying “ I appreciate ya”.. thanks for what you do.

No reason to apologize for anything, I dish it out more than I should and its only right I take some grief as well, I have it coming, no question.

As to the volunteer work I do, I feel like its an obligation I owe to the guys in the past that put themselves out there way more than I ever will. All I'm trying to do is keep what they fought so hard for.

I do appreciate your post all the same.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
More about potential legislation that COULD have implications for corner crossing.

Hot button issue right now in Wyoming.

https://wyofile.com/crago-trespass-bill-not-a-corner-crossing-measure/

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this is interesting. and this is my take from a couple of hats. from a cop standpoint i'm not filing those charges. if it is trespassing to cross airspace every drone pilot is also guilty of criminal trespass. prove harm was done by the crossing? how do we know surveys are accurate and the pins haven't been moved. 2 its just fuggin dumb. atleast here you cannot land lock land.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Be interesting to see if this bill goes forward.

Buzz has been a staunch supporter of hunters, public land access and sound game management for years.
We've had plenty of dust ups but I still respect his work for hunters, wildlife and public access.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Is it available on bha?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It sure seems a bunch of "R" congressmen are against public hunting rights by sponsoring this bill. If they're not going to let the public use the public land, tax them for blocking it. That schit will change in a hurry.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
If this passes Im for taxing NR hunters

Higher fees, preference point costs.. And lowering tag % for them as well.

gneral fund fo th budget is 2.8 billion. It's a rounding error to make up whatever loss in revenue comes about

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wytex
Be interesting to see if this bill goes forward.

Buzz has been a staunch supporter of hunters, public land access and sound game management for years.
We've had plenty of dust ups but I still respect his work for hunters, wildlife and public access.

It has until tomorrow to pass the house by 2/3 vote to even get to committee.

I'm doubtful it will even be voted on...but you never know. Will report back after tomorrow.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I was hoping it would not get to committee. Like you said, you never know.
Thank for the info.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
In South Dakota landlocked public land can be accessed through a 66' easement on all section lines. From one extreme to the other.

In the WY case, how many acres of public is landlocked behind the corner?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

gneral fund fo th budget is 2.8 billion. It's a rounding error to make up whatever loss in revenue comes about

Landlocked public land doesn’t do anything except for big ranchers and a few small land owners. Large parcels without legal walk-in access shouldn’t exist. The fact that you blame non resident hunters for this nonsensical situation is strange and seems somewhat paranoid. Did a non-resident kill your biggest buck, steal your girlfriend or some other awful thing that has you this wound up?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ctsmith
In South Dakota landlocked public land can be accessed through a 66' easement on all section lines. From one extreme to the other.

In the WY case, how many acres of public is landlocked behind the corner?

That specific spot has a about a half dozen sections that are all connected via corners. The map is posted in the brief at HT. So close to 4000 acres.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter

This is one of the dumbest statements that I have seen lately. NR hunters pay the lion's share of the budget, now. People like you, are what keeps roadblocks forming within the hunting community. Good grief.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If the public isn't able to access public land at a corner, where they technically haven't set foot on private land....then that land isn't public anymore.

Going one further, a law needs to be implemented quickly that prohibits and makes it criminal for a landowner/business, representative of a private landowner/business or individual who has hired the landowner/business from accessing the bordering public land that directly adjoins their property...

Basically if the public can't access the land (without setting one foot on the private property, the that private property owner/business isn't able to access the public land for their pleasure and business prosperity.

IMO this case is crazy.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
As crazy as the case is , It’s really a good thing they were charged and they are fighting it. Hopefully this will set precedent and resolve this issue . This has the potential to open a huge amount of public land.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Been reading about Zeiss going Woke with plenty of post about not buying Zeiss anymore. I haven't seen a post here about not hunting in WY yet.

I don't mind going first...I've been building WY preference points for me and my son but after this crazy case have not interest in paying for preference points, high NR license and then guide fees to hunt in a state that is going to lock up public land and give to private individuals and businesses to just profit from it as if they own it.

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.