Print Thread
Hop To
Page 65 of 66 1 2 63 64 65 66
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me.

Hard not to be when I lived in the middle of this for a month and saw most of it first hand. Hard to watch CBC/Global/CBC mainly only come out on monday or tuesday morning every week, point their cameras down an empty street and then report that “supporters are losing interest and leaving”. Why don’t they show up on the weekends and actually report unbiasedly?

Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family.

I watched and listened to it 24/7.

As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

We very well could have all gone home and in doing so all of the corruption that is occurring nation wide would have been left covered up and no one would be the wiser. It is the corruption of the country coming to light that has made these immigrant friends want to leave, police breaking up a lawful (see judges remarks from both injunctions), peaceful protest is just an example. Maybe you’re right though, perhaps we should have left the country to believing that everything is going great here in Canada!

In my opinion if the protestors had spent two or three days and then left their message would have been heard and police activity would have been unnecessary.

The protestors stayed as clearly, the message was not heard.

No acknowledgment is made of the grief created for the residents living in the downtown area whose sleep was disturbed for weeks. Also the loss of business created by the truckers presence.

Their sleep was not disturbed for weeks, honking from protestors was normally finished by 11pm every night with the exception of friday and saturday nights. The noise injunction was put in place 10 days in to the protest and remained throughout. Many horns heard past midnight were counter protestors honking as they drove by and gave everyone the finger. There is an affidavit with 120+ signatures of residents in the directly (very small portion of the city) affected area that have said the noise was not bad and that they supported the protest. Every day I had locals coming to the trailer to thank us and beg us not to leave, many were government workers that would lose their jobs had they been caught there. As far as businesses being affected, only the ones that listened to city officials and closed up shop lost out on business. The protestors asked all businesses to open and those that did have had the best sales by far in over two years. One of those businesses has offered me free food for life because of their profits (over 100% profit over regular winter months) and to thank me for coming out from AB to help fight for all Canadians rights of choice.

Another interesting fact is the majorly reduced crime rates during the protest. Those stats are published for you to look up.

I won't try to use any other examples since this crowd will try to disavow my comments any way. You would not admit to the number of people out there who do not support what the protestors were doing and felt the local police chief was, at least, partly to blame for being so slow to take action to bring things under control.

There are many that don’t support, though I would also argue that many don’t understand as they have only listened to MSM reports on the matter. We have an ongoing problem in Canada that our majority is usually silent as opposed to a very loud minority.

There, now every one is free to continue with their distortions.

There is a lot more coverage by those that actually participated on the hill than those that falsely reported on it.
There are many MPs and Senators that have reported on their experiences walking through and observing the protest. The only ones that kick and scream are those that never went down to look for themselves to make an informed opinion. Do remember that every person that worked in parliament over the past month had to pass through the protest every day to get to work. Clearly there was no threat to anyone as they were allowed to continue working in the building.
Jim

Pitter Patter!
GB1

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me. Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family. As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

In my opinion if the protestors had spent two or three days and then left their message would have been heard and police activity would have been unnecessary.

No acknowledgment is made of the grief created for the residents living in the downtown area whose sleep was disturbed for weeks. Also the loss of business created by the truckers presence.

I won't try to use any other examples since this crowd will try to disavow my comments any way. You would not admit to the number of people out there who do not support what the protestors were doing and felt the local police chief was, at least, partly to blame for being so slow to take action to bring things under control.

Jim

I don't usually involve myself in a pile on, but you invite it.
While I do have some sympathy for the people who lost sleep, and if they had legitimate loss of business??? then for that I am sympathetic.
But.......What about the many thousands of people across this Country who lost jobs, homes, businesses, etc as a result of the mandates? don't they count? that is why they were there in the first place.

The truth came out in the Senate, watch some video's of the Senate debate for yourself to see Nashville's account is factual or not.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Businesses could not do indoor business with customers lacking vaccine passports a law passed by Trudeau. So obviously once again Trudeau is guilty of destroying business owners. But idiots keep believing the CBC lies

Nashville trying to man who brags about wallowing in ignorance is not worth your time. Don’t let this cowardly lazy fool drag you down

Originally Posted by 673
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me. Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family. As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

Jim

While I do have some sympathy for the people who lost sleep, and if they had legitimate loss of business??? then for that I am sympathetic.
But.......What about the many thousands of people across this Country who lost jobs, homes, businesses, etc as a result of the mandates? don't they count? that is why they were there in the first place.

The truth came out in the Senate, watch some video's of the Senate debate for yourself to see Nashville's account is factual or not.

Last edited by ribka; 02/25/22.
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Businesses could not do indoor business with customers lacking vaccine passports a law passed by Trudeau. So obviously once again Trudeau is guilty of destroying business owners. But idiots keep believing the CBC lies

Nashville trying to man who brags about wallowing in ignorance is not worth your time. Don’t let this cowardly lazy fool drag you down

Originally Posted by 673

Jim

The self importance of some is truly astounding to me, the very reason the protest took place, and forgotten means they never understood the issue in the first place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jim,

Not to pile on, but a couple of thoughts for you to consider:

He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

Conflict is not the problem. In fact, many conflicts are necessary and have very desirable outcomes. The problem here is corruption and oppression; the very things that the convoy sought to oppose.

Many residents supported the convoy because of the grief and lost business caused by poor government policy and decisions. The convoy's purpose was to put an end to the continuation of more grief and suffering at the hands of the government, and they promised that as soon as the government put an end to it, they would leave and put an end to their efforts, as well. Sometimes corrective action is painful but necessary. A broken bone that heals incorrectly has to first be re-broken before it can be set correctly and heal properly.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It was not made clear at any time through that conversation the woman had been singled out. It could just as easily have been a case of a neighbourhood being covered. It seems to be another case of paranoia which seems to be so prevalent around here.

Jim

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/16950542/1

The above is in response to a cop showing up at a Canadian woman's house, based on a Facebook post. I guarantee you that Jim knows if Steve is cut or uncut.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I well remember the feeling of helplessness and impotence when the planes crashed into and brought down the towers in NYC. I wondered how could we not see something so simple coming. It was a stroke of evil genius I and many others could not see coming.

I live 16 hours west of Ottawa and when the trucker convoy went by I thought to myself ‘I wonder how far they will get?’ 2 days later when they parked downtown I wondered how the Ottawa police the OPP or the Mayor did not see it coming that they would just park their rigs. Listening to the Mayor and the Police Chief in those days was kinda ‘duh!’
The panic in their voices —their impotence was kinda funny. I think they were really pissed when someone explained to them the problem’s associated with removing them. The prime minister had to visit violence upon the truckers to get them to move. Even then most of the big rigs moved voluntarily—the only rigs I saw towed where bob-tails. I think if the truckers just walked away from their trucks they would still be towing them. Truckers really are responsible people—they could have made it much harder and much more uncomfortable for everyone involved.

I wonder what the banks have to say about the city of Ottawa seizing those rigs. Most truckers I know are making pretty hefty payments on their rigs.

I deal with people hereabouts everyday expressing the same sentiments as Jim. I get so angry I can barely contain myself-and then I realize they have a right to their opinion and a right to express it. Some are truly misguided and some just believe differently than I do.

The ‘Legacy’ media are however a different matter\—they truly are the Ministry of Propaganda and evil.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 673

Jim

Damn.

Lose a little sleep...way worse than losing your job I guess.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Jim

You truly are a special kind of stupid!!!

God bless all the truckers and people involved in what you did. Your media like ours is nothing but a propaganda wing of the government. Useful idiots like Jim just can’t help themselves or aren’t smart enough to know better.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

Protest is a legitimate form of bringing voice to democracy.

Do you want to ban protests? Are you anti-democracy, Jim? Your words leave no doubt.

IC B3

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y

Jim

Hmmm, sounds like someone else from Ontario that Ive heard spew the same communist BS.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Fixing Nashville’s reply to 1OntarioJim, so people can see exactly what Nashville’s replies were. It didn’t come out correctly with his original reply above.

Originally Posted by Nashville
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me.

Hard not to be when I lived in the middle of this for a month and saw most of it first hand. Hard to watch CBC/Global/CBC mainly only come out on monday or tuesday morning every week, point their cameras down an empty street and then report that “supporters are losing interest and leaving”. Why don’t they show up on the weekends and actually report unbiasedly?

Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family.

I watched and listened to it 24/7.

As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

We very well could have all gone home and in doing so all of the corruption that is occurring nation wide would have been left covered up and no one would be the wiser. It is the corruption of the country coming to light that has made these immigrant friends want to leave, police breaking up a lawful (see judges remarks from both injunctions), peaceful protest is just an example. Maybe you’re right though, perhaps we should have left the country to believing that everything is going great here in Canada!

The protestors stayed as clearly, the message was not heard.

Their sleep was not disturbed for weeks, honking from protestors was normally finished by 11pm every night with the exception of friday and saturday nights. The noise injunction was put in place 10 days in to the protest and remained throughout. Many horns heard past midnight were counter protestors honking as they drove by and gave everyone the finger. There is an affidavit with 120+ signatures of residents in the directly (very small portion of the city) affected area that have said the noise was not bad and that they supported the protest. Every day I had locals coming to the trailer to thank us and beg us not to leave, many were government workers that would lose their jobs had they been caught there. As far as businesses being affected, only the ones that listened to city officials and closed up shop lost out on business. The protestors asked all businesses to open and those that did have had the best sales by far in over two years. One of those businesses has offered me free food for life because of their profits (over 100% profit over regular winter months) and to thank me for coming out from AB to help fight for all Canadians rights of choice.

Another interesting fact is the majorly reduced crime rates during the protest. Those stats are published for you to look up.

There are many that don’t support, though I would also argue that many don’t understand as they have only listened to MSM reports on the matter. We have an ongoing problem in Canada that our majority is usually silent as opposed to a very loud minority.

There, now every one is free to continue with their distortions. Jim

There is a lot more coverage by those that actually participated on the hill than those that falsely reported on it.

There are many MPs and Senators that have reported on their experiences walking through and observing the protest. The only ones that kick and scream are those that never went down to look for themselves to make an informed opinion. Do remember that every person that worked in parliament over the past month had to pass through the protest every day to get to work. Clearly there was no threat to anyone as they were allowed to continue working in the building.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
....He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred....

You would not admit to the number of people out there who do not support what the protestors were doing......

According to you, free human beings do not have a right to body autonomy.

That makes you a Useful Idiot for allowing yourself to be brainwashed by the NAZIs who corrupted your two functioning brain cells.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Fixing Nashville’s reply to 1OntarioJim, so people can see exactly what Nashville’s replies were. It didn’t come out correctly with his original reply above.

[/quote]

Great job, thanks. I was in the process of doing the same thing but you beat me to it.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
1OntarioJim,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess you would like to live in a country where the government sanctions what protests are acceptable. It will promote and donate to BLM, environmental causes including violent ones and LGBTQ2+ groups. All peaceful protests by the working classes demanding freedom will be met by the governments goons and beaten down with a ferocity favoured by despot tyrants.

If we he have learned anything in the last week it is that perhaps the Trudeau government is the most inept governing body on the planet. With this knowledge you would still support this government in order to get 8 hours of sleep. I thank people like Nashville for their courage to stand up to our current oppressive regime. You may not agree 1OntarioJim but if you let Trudeau continue he will eventually come for something that you cherish and there will be no one like Nashville to stand up for your rights.

Nick

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Here is an excellent analysis of a family court decision on Feb 22 where the father was suing to force the mother to vaccinate their kids. The judge upheld the rights of the mother to decide based on the evidence (or lack of it) not based on the demonization of the mother by the father (and the gov’t) for her “unacceptable views”.

I hope this is used as a precedent going forward and particularly in cases where someone is suing for wrongful dismissal for not complying with vaccination mandate.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Nick1899
1OntarioJim,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I guess you would like to live in a country where the government sanctions what protests are acceptable. It will promote and donate to BLM, environmental causes including violent ones and LGBTQ2+ groups. All peaceful protests by the working classes demanding freedom will be met by the governments goons and beaten down with a ferocity favoured by despot tyrants.

If we he have learned anything in the last week it is that perhaps the Trudeau government is the most inept governing body on the planet. With this knowledge you would still support this government in order to get 8 hours of sleep. I thank people like Nashville for their courage to stand up to our current oppressive regime. You may not agree 1OntarioJim but if you let Trudeau continue he will eventually come for something that you cherish and there will be no one like Nashville to stand up for your rights.

Nick

Its not about "sleep" for people like Jim. They firmly believe government has the right to dictate all aspects of life to the people. They welcome it actually. Its been my experience that most of the people that feel this way have had some form of government milk running down their chin most of their lives. Very few of them have actually built or done anything on their own.

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There are alot of "jims".
What we have here is a classic case of drunk on propaganda, that is a problem we as Canadians have to address in some way, or multiple ways.
The government wants to limit how you get your info, BillC10 failed, there will be another avenue they will try, in the meantime, they will continue to divide us with these mandates.
Why do we have mandates?

Remember this is about mandates, or is it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I see your light is on and hope the coffee is too and the fire is roaring as well.

I'll begin slightly in the ditch by thanking a bunch of our members from east of Manitoba for contributing here.

As you know from our phone conversations I've personally got a long history in the western Canada separatist movement stretching back to the early days of the "Republic of Western Canada" and then Preston Manning's Reform Party after that. That's my personal heritage.

But as Nick1899 said the other day in a post, somehow PM Sparkles has managed to unite Ontario, New Brunswick and even Quebec folks with BC mountain rednecks - which I'll admit I would have bet a fair bit of cash against being remotely possible. Yet here I am, sober as a judge typing what I feel, you know?

It's about mandates, it's about overreach, it's about control, it's about freedom. For us who want to hunt and shoot, it's about access to public lands, freedom to travel to and from them and freedom to own any firearm.

Honestly if any Canadian owns a firearm and still believes it's a grand idea to vote Liberal or NDP, they've not been paying attention. I care not one bit what their local MP told them either 673, they need to go back and read which MPs voted for the Emergency Measures Act and then ask themselves if they believe in their heart of hearts if that same MP would not vote to take all of your firearms.

It would be "for the greater good" of course and "only a temporary measure" that'd be lifted as soon as "things were stabilized and all Canadians could be assured of safety".

Well sir, I see what even one bowl of oatmeal and one cup of coffee does to me, but there's not a lot of body mass for it to work on, there is that... laugh

All the best and God bless you all up there.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Here is an excellent analysis of a family court decision on Feb 22 where the father was suing to force the mother to vaccinate their kids. The judge upheld the rights of the mother to decide based on the evidence (or lack of it) not based on the demonization of the mother by the father (and the gov’t) for her “unacceptable views”.

I hope this is used as a precedent going forward and particularly in cases where someone is suing for wrongful dismissal for not complying with vaccination mandate.

Excellent ...... JT should heed the judge's statements in this case as well. Had he done so, the protest would very probably been a lot shorter and had a very different conclusion.

Page 65 of 66 1 2 63 64 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,135 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,578
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.