-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The recoil reducing technology in the Benelli stock sure doesn't do much to absord the recoil. The cheek cushion and the recoil pad are very hard.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/25/22.
GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Unless you have a Mercury reducer in the stock a Benelli has no recoil reducing technology in the stock.

Best thing for a Benelli is a Limb Saver recoil pad.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks

That's my issue with Beretta/Benelli Mobil Choke system, which my Super Nova has. It patterns okay.

I've been shooting a Mobile choke barrel for years in my SBE....you have to get the right choke tube in it to make it perform.

I've been shooting Patternmaster Code Black chokes out of mine for the last several years.

They're not cheap buy they're not cheaply made or made in China.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
PatternMaster is good stuff!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought some extended Carlsons for my Super Nova but haven't patterned them yet.

I also got some Tru Glo steel fiber optic rib sights but now that I have then I'm having second thoughts about putting them on.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've never shot a Carlson....don't expect I ever will.

Never fooled with Indian Creek because the design looks weak/fragile to me with those long thin slits (years back some split...one guy shot one out of his barrel and ruined his barrel...that could be operator error the slits breaking/cracking were likely not)

These are the turkey chokes I've shot and I've killed turkeys with most of them...Hastings, Colonial, Sumtoy. Rhino, Comp n choke, Balistic Specialties had a set of 6 Kicks Gobbling Thunder tubes I shot one of them for a time. A custom choke bt Tom Choke of Lousiana and a Bansner for about a New York minute.

Then I bought a Patternmaster Code Black Goose tube to duck hunt with and then tried it with a turkey load....it's a solid 50+ yard choke in my gun with a Winchester 3", 1&3/4 oz or a 2oz. 3.5" #4 Longbeard.

Then I bought a Patternmaster Code Black Turkey it's a solid 60+ yard choke in my SBE with a 2oz #4 Longbeard.

I some times change chokes the Goose tube is a little more forgiving in the woods....if I had to make a choice I'd use the Patternmaster Code Black Goose tube in the woods and the
Code Black Turkey tube hunting big crop fields.

My buddy is sending me a .650 Jebs to try.

Unlike yoder409 I've never been "paid by the hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades"....

What the hell could eYe know.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bought some extended Carlsons for my Super Nova but haven't patterned them yet.

I also got some Tru Glo steel fiber optic rib sights but now that I have then I'm having second thoughts about putting them on.

I recall.you saying the Nova shot high that sometimes is caused by the choking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

I recall.you saying the Nova shot high that sometimes is caused by the choking.

Could be.

I want to pattern it before deciding on the sights. I got them thinking I could use them to lower the pattern on the Super Nova, or raise it a bit on my Ithaca. I may opt to leave them off. I have similar sights on my SX4 and may take those off, too.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have used several different brands of chokes as well. One thing I have found is that "choke A" may have one point of impact, unscrew it and screw in 'choke B" and it will have a completely different point of impact. Same shell, same everything except the choke

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I bought a Mossberg 835 first year they came out....the sporting goods store where I bought it had a range behind the store.

I don't recall the exact shot size that did what...the first shells I shot hit bad right or left.

I went inside and told Greg Mckenny the owner of the store that he had sold me a piece of junk and that the Mossberg was shooting way off to one side....He said "try another shotsize that sometimes straightens them up"....I figured it was a lost cause and he was full of it.

Websters Sporting goods patterned shotguns for a lot of the local guys and had a lot of experience patterning a lot of different turkey guns.

Guess what Greg was right....straightened the Mossberg 835 right up.....but I thought it was a piece of junk before I bought it and after I sold it.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I'm now the proud new owner of a 20 gauge turkey model Winchester SX4. Don't have it yet, but it's on it's way to my FFL. While the decision to get the SX4 wasn't purely monetary, it's nice that it was a less expensive option that other models under consideration. Time will tell...

I looked at an old Winchester catalog and that seems like a nice setup.

Tell us how you like the cantilever mounts and how the whole gun performs.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Dean did you shoot that new turkey duster yet ?

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Supposed to be at my FFL today...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I'm going to shoot mine again today....long story I swapped scopes around..

https://youtu.be/m0tKB5KSCcI

I might be shell shocked after 6 or 8 more shots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Supposed to be at my FFL today...

Awaiting a full range report.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Answer the riddle yoddlerbOy

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is more like shooting the 20 ga

https://youtu.be/Owodi8a28vY

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm hoping to not get anymore tracking "updates"! Every time I get one, it's pushed back a day! Lol!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm hoping to not get anymore tracking "updates"! Every time I get one, it's pushed back a day! Lol!

FedEx ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
What do you call a guy that claims he's been paid by the turkey hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades...yet refuses to tall whO he worked for ?

I call him full of chit YoderbOy

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,756
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.