Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by troublesome82
All I know is , these are the easy days! Prepare yourselves and your families.

Times are changing and we are going to see things we never thought we would. Jesus said he'd come as a thief in the night. Yes be ready and do all you can so that your family and friends are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I ain’t gettin’ too hung up on the timeline. The preterist view does make sense to me. But Jesus may have been referring to something else when He said that even He doesn’t know when ‘those times’ will happen.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by antlers
I ain’t gettin’ too hung up on the timeline. The preterist view does make sense to me. But Jesus may have been referring to something else when He said that even He doesn’t know when ‘those times’ will happen.

HE didn't say HE didn't know WHEN, HE said that HE didn't know the 'day nor hour'........ HE said it would happen to the generation then alive. HE said that the men HE was talking to would see it. HE said that it would IMMEDIATELY follow the abomination of Desolation, which they also would see.

Not knowing the 'day nor the hour' was a common phrase in the day........... it has an application to the feast of Trumpets: HINT. The Feast of Trumpets was one of the Jewish feasts, and unlike the others it began on the FIRST day of the month, another hint. Noone knew when the first day would be because of the way that they determined that the months began.... another HINT...

It's like a woman in labor, noone , truly, knows the day nor the hour. NOT that you are clueless!!!

Last edited by Muffin; 02/27/22.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muffin
HE didn't say HE didn't know WHEN, HE said that HE didn't know the 'day nor hour'........
That distinction in minutiae requires some mental gymnastics that I struggle with. Not knowin’ is not knowin’, to me anyways.
HE said it would happen to the generation then alive. HE said that the men HE was talking to would see it. HE said that it would IMMEDIATELY follow the abomination of Desolation, which they also would see.
I agree that it makes sense to me that He was addressing His contemporaries, and that ‘they themselves’ would see the things described in His prophecy, and that it referred to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple…things that were certainly witnessed by the generation to whom He was speaking.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Remember that Jesus came to the Jews first. He preached to Jews, practiced Jewish customs, and prophesied what would happen to Jews who didn't repent. When it came to the Gentiles, he later recruited Paul to be his mouthpiece. The other disciples also interacted with Gentiles but not on the same scale. Before Paul, the disciples didn't know that the Word was for all mankind instead of just for Jews. When the Holy Spirit sent Peter to Cornelius, Peter was amazed that the Word was for Gentiles, too. He'd just spent 3 years with Jesus and didn't know that as everything Jesus was teaching was aimed at the Jews. The other Christians were shocked to hear that Peter had baptized Gentiles.
After the Roman invasion, the Jewish way of life was gone forever. It was the Gentiles who spread the Word from that point on.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
All you good folks are much smarter than I, I'll just keep reading.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 speaks of a catching away that will be announced with the voice of the archangel and the trumpet of God.

1 Corinthians 15:51-58 speaks of an eternal change that will be at “the last trumpet”.

Revelation 4:1 says I saw a door open into Heaven and heard a voice like a trumpet tell me, “Come up here and I will show you things that must take place AFTER this.” After the Church age of Revelation 2&3.

The coming of the Lord will be like birth pains upon a pregnant woman. There are many signs/indicators that tell us a baby is due. We have many signs right now telling us the Rapture is near.

Then there will be a time of Jacob’s trouble that we call the Great Tribulation, AFTER the church age.

The Bible doesn’t say different things to different people. It says what God wanted to say to us, His beloved children. Scripture is of no private interpretation. Meaning, I don’t get to choose what I want it to mean.

The events of our day are clearly defined in Scripture. It would behoove us to make our calling and election sure.

A weakened West coupled with the aligning of the nations listed in Ezekiel 38 should startle us. We are seeing the Bible is true and unfolding daily.

Nahum 2:3-4 is on the news hourly: The shields of his mighty men are made red, the valiant men are in scarlet. The chariots come with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the spears are brandished. 4 The chariots rage in the streets, they jostle one another in the broad roads; they seem like torches, they run like lightning.

Anyone can explain anything away they wish in their own mind. But no one can or ever will change the eternal Word of God.

Jesus warns us the deception of the church done in His Name would be a sign of the end of the age. It’s the first sign He mentions in Matthew 24. That’s happening every day.

I love you all and pray no one is offended that I hope we are all ready when the Lord returns.

Peace!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
HE didn't say HE didn't know WHEN, HE said that HE didn't know the 'day nor hour'........
That distinction in minutiae requires some mental gymnastics that I struggle with. Not knowin’ is not knowin’, to me anyways.
HE said it would happen to the generation then alive. HE said that the men HE was talking to would see it. HE said that it would IMMEDIATELY follow the abomination of Desolation, which they also would see.
I agree that it makes sense to me that He was addressing His contemporaries, and that ‘they themselves’ would see the things described in His prophecy, and that it referred to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple…things that were certainly witnessed by the generation to whom He was speaking.

AND, 'the day nor the hour' is buried within THAT generation.

'...all these things...'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

AND, 'that day and hour' is buried within THAT generation.

'...all these things...'

( . Y . )
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
How is it that Matthew 24:7 and Mark 13:8 are the same text?

It's good to see folks reading the Bible and having questions.
You are seeking answers and I believe that anything God wants us to know is eventually revealed. If it's not, then perhaps the Lord doesn't think we need to know.
Without going into the interpretation of the passage, I think we can reason this to answer the question. You'll likely agree that the gospels of Matthew and Mark were equally inspired.

II Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

Whether Mark was inspired to write his gospel after Matthew or before, we know that some books quote and borrow from other inspired books of the Bible.
This is also true that Jesus and the disciples quoted from Old Testament books. Whether Mark was inspired to write it with or without a copy of the book of Matthew next to him to borrow from, I believe that God wanted us to have all four gospels just as they were written. Mark was a son of Mary, Acts 12:22, related to Barnabas and joined he and Paul on their first mission trip. Peter refers to him as well. I love the book of Mark. It's extremely interesting and you picked a timely passage.

Best regards

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Imagine Mark, Luke, Matthew & John walking with Jesus & being taught the same. Then, later they write their story of the same event. It is referred to as the synoptic gospels.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The very liberal preterist view doesn’t line up with N.T. scripture. Bible prophecy hasn’t all been fulfilled, such as the 2nd coming of Jesus, the anti-Christ and Satan being thrown in the lake of fire, and the arrival of the Kingdom of God….

All prophecies were not fulfilled in the 1st century AD. God still will destroy all His enemies and vindicate His people. 2 Thess 1:5-10

The book of Revelation and many of the prophecies in Matthew 24 have yet to be fulfilled.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Uncle_Alvah
How is it that Matthew 24:7 and Mark 13:8 are the same text?

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mark was written first. Matthew and Luke were written latera and borrow heavily from Mark, but actually tell very different stories and in each the character Jesus is a very different being.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Nah, that’s not true.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Different people read and understand the Bible in different ways.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank the Good Lord above for The Good Book.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ain’t gettin’ too hung up on the timeline. The preterist view does make sense to me.

This is what Paul taught about the Preterest view.

" Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."
2Timothy 2:18

He called it profane and vain babblings.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We know the answer to why already.

The next thing is there an end. There is and end for most.

But instead of worrying where we are, simply be prepared from day one and keep it that way.

In case it happens when you weren't expecting it. Death or the end of the world.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Different people read and understand the Bible in different ways.

Hmmmmm…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
I ain’t gettin’ too hung up on the timeline. The preterist view does make sense to me.
This is what Paul taught about the Preterest view. " Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."
2Timothy 2:18
He called it profane and vain babblings.
Was Paul referring specifically to the destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple, which is clearly specifically what I was referring to regarding the preterist view…? Or was Paul referring to something completely different than that…?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.