Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Except this guy isn't trying to hide hunting our property.

Our road in is on an old rail bed that we own.we only use 3/4 mile to drive on. Last 1/4 we let over grow. Area is about 1/4 mile by 250'. Deer love it.

I figure let the deer have it to bed in, etc. We own just under 100acres.

New neighbors to the south put a tree stand roughly 5 yards from our " no trespassing sign " facing our property.

Stand is on his property so can't say anything about that. What I think I'm gonna do is extend our road the 1/4 mile and I'll park my truck right there and walk in.

We have so many line hunters covid can't even get in.

GB1

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Put your own stand within sight and hunt it a few times when you know he’s hunting. Parking the truck is a good idea but I would be within sight of it.

Last edited by navlav8r; 03/02/22.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Brother in law mentioned putting one of our stands there but no one is willing to waste hunting time to stop someone. Somehow it always ends up on me.

I have a truck with a rusted frame, that really shouldn't be on the road anyway, I'll use. I'll set up a camera. It won't catch an arrow but if someone walks to the truck it will.

I have a stand about 200 yards up, where I can see this area. If I park and see someone sitting, I'll just double back and watch. If I'm in my stand and see a headlamp I'll go creep in watch.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Get ahold of renegade50 and Slumlord for some pointers on dealing with line hunters. They've had some fun using Irish Spring. grin

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I have to deal with crap like this all the time. Takes the fun out of it for sure. Hope you find a way to deal with them.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We had a problem with a guy from a neighboring club setting a stand on the line looking at us. One of our guys makes a habit of walking that top ridge line in the hopes of pushing any deer deeper down the bank, into our property. When he was making his usual rounds one day, he saw the offending guy in his stand, looking over onto our property. Johnny got directly in front of the guy (about 40'), dropped his drawers and took a shiet. We all know what that can be like after a few days in camp. When he was all done, he pulled up his pants, smiled and waved to the guy and yelled to him to have a nice hunt.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

May be worthwhile to check that out.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
Get ahold of renegade50 and Slumlord for some pointers on dealing with line hunters. They've had some fun using Irish Spring. grin

3 gallon pump up weed sprayer with a bottle of aftershave mixed in it.

Just walk the property line and spray.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You could get some cheap wind up alarm clocks and set them on 15 minute intervals. Scatter them around close to the stand but on your side of the line. It can make opening day interesting for your neighbor and you help to keep him from falling asleep while on his stand.

Harry
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If he shoots one on your property, call the game warden and press charges on him. A few trail cameras scattered around should do the trick on catching him.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just hang Christmas tensile and a whirly bird or two around his stand. It'll move in a slight breeze and the deer can't handle that.

Life is good live it while you can.
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good ideas. I've heard the Irish spring thing, gonna have to try it.

Frustrating. Guy to west has a 40, sits on our line for the most part. Guy to the north has 55, bunches our line. East, 120 acres but he atleast splits it up. Where he parks I know where he's hunting

This new guy has 40. All their land is good land so it's not like they need to find a tree.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Get over it. I absolutely cannot imagine bitching about someone hunting on their own property. It's a deer, for fuggs sake

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Really nothing to be done if they're not
shooting across a boundary.
That's very illegal here.
I don't really understand the grass is greener
attitude a lot of people have. With a couple of
exceptions, everybody in my area has roughly
the same amount of ground, but the amount of
trespassing is nearly insanity. If you're not on
site all the time, there's little to be done besides
inviting the game warden to sit in your blind
when the offender is in place

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Get over it. I absolutely cannot imagine bitching about someone hunting on their own property. It's a deer, for fuggs sake

No I'm not gonna get over it. They are facing our property 5 yards away from the line. Do you only have a 5yard shooting lane? If the stand was actually facing their property, no big deal, don't like it but whatever. This guy is hunting our land. Unless he thinks something is gonna walk directly underneath him just happened to come from our land.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 03/03/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Had some guys with 3 elevated box blinds within 15’ of our property line. One was literally on the line. A brace was nailed to a tree on our side. Our buggy trail to this back area ran along the fence/property line. They had a big hayfield with feeders. We had woods. That became my 4 wheeler parking spot after a guy bailed out at midmorning one day moaning that I ran a deer away from him. Every time I came out in dumped my P bottle there.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
treestands have been known to get schit in. right on the seat.

My diploma is a DD214
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

No I'm not gonna get over it. They are facing our property 5 yards away from the line. Do you only have a 5yard shooting lane? If the stand was actually facing their property, no big deal, don't like it but whatever. This guy is hunting our land. Unless he thinks something is gonna walk directly underneath him just happened to come from our land.

So if the deer does not originate from your property you can't shoot it? What if they left his property then came back. Are you sure none of the deer you EVER shoot aren't coming from his property? Sounds like typical buthurt because you're scared that someone might shoot " your" deer.

Here's what you should do, high fence your place so no game can leave your property to get shot. Like I said, it's a flea bag deer. Get over it.

Any other legal activities that you don't allow him to do on his own property?

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

May be worthwhile to check that out.

Once more.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

So if the deer does not originate from your property you can't shoot it? What if they left his property then came back. Are you sure none of the deer you EVER shoot aren't coming from his property? Sounds like typical buthurt because you're scared that someone might shoot " your" deer.

Here's what you should do, high fence your place so no game can leave your property to get shot. Like I said, it's a flea bag deer. Get over it.

Any other legal activities that you don't allow him to do on his own property?

Wow....drama

If he missed it on his property, and I seriously doubt he waits for it to cross onto his 5 yard shooting lane, maybe he should turn his stand the [bleep] around.

Sounds like some here don't mind hunting off other people's property. They can say my stand is legal on my property and the deer walked right up to me type of thing. You guys my neighbors?

It's the principle of it. No one gives themselves a 5 yard buffer when your 12-14' up a tree.

How hard is idea that it's private property, we pay the taxes. Don't hunt it. It's not my deer and if they shoot it legally on their property, hats off. In 9 years here I haven't shot a buck yet. None met my standards. I've seen pics of the dozens shot this fall, maybe 1 I woulda shot. I'm sure I'm not missing out.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, AceBall, achlupsa, 10 invisible), 1,696 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,970
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.