Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If you don’t like the neighbors buy them out. If you can’t buy them out, probably best to learn to get along with them.

GB1

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Region6
If you don’t like the neighbors buy them out. If you can’t buy them out, probably best to learn to get along with them.

Can't afford to buy them out. Property was listed for 1.3m...nice house though....lol

I work with all my neighbors. Everyone has an agreement that do what you got to do to retrieve a deer, don't ask first, just go get it. My neighbor to the west had a transportation issue so I gave him a key to our gate so he could drive his truck in to his property. I'll work with anyone. If see someone new during season I'll stop and talk with them.

I am hoping I meet this guy but right now I'm pissed on how he's not even hiding it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

May be worthwhile to check that out.

Once more.

Also...some states mandate that a stand can NOT FACE neighboring property. They can be on the line but cant face the adjacent property.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bobcat85
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

Once more.

Also...some states mandate that a stand can NOT FACE neighboring property. They can be on the line but cant face the adjacent property.

This I gotta look into it. Michigan doesn't give 2 craps about line hunters, but which way it's facing I honestly didn't think about. Thanks

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
You said it yourself. Private property, pay taxes, owner does what he wants. That applies to him too. Until he shoots a deer illegally on your property you should mind your own business. You sound like a cop, assuming he's gonna do something wrong before he does it.

You sure you just aren't mad he's shooting deer that you said aren't up to your standards?

IC B2

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Nathan13
You said it yourself. Private property, pay taxes, owner does what he wants. That applies to him too. Until he shoots a deer illegally on your property you should mind your own business. You sound like a cop, assuming he's gonna do something wrong before he does it.

You sure you just aren't mad he's shooting deer that you said aren't up to your standards?

I'm pretty sure on the standards thing. Nice try though.

Why would someone who has 40 acres of decent land position his tree stand in a direction that only has roughly 5 yards til he hits the property line? What would you think? That little portion is hot. I think I have only been in there twice in 8 years. Turn the stand around facing your property and wait til they walk into your property . The trails heading north of the spot are heavy, I'm sure it is to the south also.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 03/03/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Bobcat85

Once more.

This I gotta look into it. Michigan doesn't give 2 craps about line hunters, but which way it's facing I honestly didn't think about. Thanks

There’s the possible issue of hunter harassment if that happens.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Region6

Can't afford to buy them out. Property was listed for 1.3m...nice house though....lol

I work with all my neighbors. Everyone has an agreement that do what you got to do to retrieve a deer, don't ask first, just go get it. My neighbor to the west had a transportation issue so I gave him a key to our gate so he could drive his truck in to his property. I'll work with anyone. If see someone new during season I'll stop and talk with them.

I am hoping I meet this guy but right now I'm pissed on how he's not even hiding it.

Definitely worth talking to the owner, quite possible it’s a guest. A conversation would be my next move.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cheap ladder stand, mannequin in hunting clothes directly in front of his stand. Put it up after dark the night before season opens.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, bottle of Jim Beam in one hand and a .45 in the other, loudly proclaiming WOW-- What a Ride!"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We hunt our property lines, I do have the stands facing into our property and the back blocked where you can't behind you. It makes no sense why someone would start hunting from the middle of their property, unless you're trying to drive them out. Our feeding, bedding and sanctuary areas are in the middle of our property and I allow no one to walk in there. You can make this deer hunting gig as hard as you want, fact is the deer catch on instantly to hunting pressure.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Cheap ladder stand, mannequin in hunting clothes directly in front of his stand. Put it up after dark the night before season opens.

Yep

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
How hard is the idea it is his property, he pays the taxes and he can place his stand anyplace in it….and in any direction he damn well pleases. And who are you to tell him what shooting lane he should choose?

Spray aftershave on the line...Deer in that area must not travel both ways??? Buy another stand and put a mannequin in it? And waste your time the night before making noise and stinking up that area on your side..While his remains clean.....Brilliant!!!!

This could be a chapter for Deer hunting for Dummies....

Last edited by battue; 03/04/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are legal rights to a property and then there are ethics. Anyone placing a stand 5 yards from your property line and faces it plans on shooting stuff coming from your property or killing stuff on your property and dragging it over. Hint

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The first is not illegal or unethical..How many steps over the line is required until it passes the ethical test? The second is both..however, conjecture until you catch or prove they did so...Hint!!!!

And how many times do we see quoted on here...."As long as it is legal."

And, I'm hunting the other side...I'm not supposed to look for anything coming off your side? No, it would be only right if I kept my back to your side and shot only when it passed to the front. laugh Post if you want, but don't get all whiney, if another takes one when it crosses over.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As you mentioned, talk to the guy. Seems like the common sense thing to do.

Anything you do to scent-up, noise-up, or visual-up the line to make him not want to hunt there may effect your hunting as much or more than his....even if you're not hunting that location, deer travel through it.

I'm doubtful this is the case, but for consideration, the last couple of years I've hung lock-on stands facing away from the direction I plan on shooting (none of them are on property lines though). I've started using a saddle harness instead of a normal vest/full body harness for all my stand hunting. It allows me to sit in the stand or to fold the seat up and sit in the saddle facing the opposite direction of the stand using it as a platform. This has turned out to be the most comfortable way to hunt out of a stand I've found. Probably not the case here but anyhow....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Only one that is getting "whiney" is you as usual. He/She has a legal right to put a stand on the one inch line on the property line facing the neighbors property. I question the ethics.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Heading off our property.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And the result of letting your little head do the thinking.

My neighbors aren't as choosey as we are. As long as they don't get carried away I'm happy for them. It's not hard to be an azzhole and screw everyone's hunting up. There's one thing I know for sure, if I squeeze the trigger I'll never see that buck alive again.
I sent my nephew a txt that a young 10pt was heading his way and I'll never see him alive again either. Every year we loose a few nice bucks to hunters, but isn't that what it's all about? Just do what's right and everything will work out.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Question all you want, but your questions don't hold up...to "As long as it is legal"

As far as 'whiney", I'm only pointing out those making high pitched sounds, about what another does on their property with regard legal hunting....But no, "your" ethics are what others should adhere to. Cry me another river and don't bogart the Systane.

Another, had the answer..Place a food plot and a sanctuary in the middle of that 100 acres....and for the most part care less where the other places their stand.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Get over it. I absolutely cannot imagine bitching about someone hunting on their own property. It's a deer, for fuggs sake

No I'm not gonna get over it. They are facing our property 5 yards away from the line. Do you only have a 5yard shooting lane? If the stand was actually facing their property, no big deal, don't like it but whatever. This guy is hunting our land. Unless he thinks something is gonna walk directly underneath him just happened to come from our land.

Good grief, your rights stop at the fence. If he wants to put a basketball court on the line, it’s still his property.

Bitching about his tree stand makes you as bad as your neighbor. Possession is limited by boundaries, not by disgust.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Heading off our property.

And the result of letting your little head do the thinking.

My neighbors aren't as choosey as we are. As long as they don't get carried away I'm happy for them. It's not hard to be an azzhole and screw everyone's hunting up. There's one thing I know for sure, if I squeeze the trigger I'll never see that buck alive again.
I sent my nephew a txt that a young 10pt was heading his way and I'll never see him alive again either. Every year we loose a few nice bucks to hunters, but isn't that what it's all about? Just do what's right and everything will work out.

TrueGrit...Looks like you would be a great neighbor..However, your ethics have me concerned, in that I think it is unethical to text another that game is coming their way. However, if it is legal....then my ethics are irrelevant. wink

BTW...Nice Bucks, congrats...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 20 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 996 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,931
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.