Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Scrubgrass Village is 1000 acres I can't hunt..Buffalo Valley consists of thousands of acres of different parcels I can, however that particular piece is only around 100. They come out of Scrubgrass in the evening into Buffalo. I shot him around 3pm on the North side of Ridge road, coming out of Scrubgrass, and on Buffalo while leaning up against a tree looking over the Scrubgrass line. To some, I was being unethical.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

Joel/AK Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice but was he on buffalo when you shot him?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by battue
[ I shot him around 3pm on the North side of Ridge road, coming out of Scrubgrass, and on Buffalo while leaning up against a tree looking over the Scrubgrass line. To some, I was being unethical.

Last edited by battue; 03/05/22.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
So you shot a buck on land your authorized to hunt.

How hard is it for some here to realize a stand 5 yards facing a property line isn't right? Any rational person would figure out that they are hunting an adjoining property.... illegally.

I will have cameras out and I will catch them.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Wish I could figure out how to post pics so folks could maybe understand what I'm saying.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
So you shot a buck on land your authorized to hunt.

How hard is it for some here to realize a stand 5 yards facing a property line isn't right? Any rational person would figure out that they are hunting an adjoining property.... illegally.

I will have cameras out and I will catch them.

No stand, but my feet were damn close to the line on XHunt and there were no posted signs to indicate otherwise...Of course here it is not rare to have people post land they don't own.

Your bitch is what...His stand or that he shot a Deer on your land? Number two has yet to occur. And one is none of your concern.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
My bitch is folks shooting deer off other people's property. It happens every where, I know. I just don't stand for it. I'll work with people and I do alot. I hate poachers

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Then you are guessing that someone is going to poach off your property based on stand location.

Indians have a legitimate bitch...Whole bunch of White people once came and not only poached but took ownership. And now we don't think it right to happen to us.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Don't. Give 2 shidts about indians. I care about our land.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Your land...Is a joke.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
How's it a joke? I know with property taxes, you never actually own it but it's still ours.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a good source of entertainment there if one has nothing else to do. Thankfully I live in the west hunting/fishing in Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, and Alaska. Neighbors or ownership have not been a concern since about 1974 when I moved here. If someone ends up near a favorite spot, I just go somewhere else. Big game is a piece of cake.

My only challenge is finding deeded and irrigated property for ground squirrel shoots. Never dreamed years ago that folks would drive three states over and pay $250 a day to air out 1/2 lb Beldings Ground Squirrels. Along the same lines, had I been in a board room and witnessed a suggestion to put water in plastic bottles for sale at prices higher than fuel, I might have died laughing.

Have a good one,

Edited: If harassment is the goal, how about scheduling some pre-programed drone fly by's during your seasons? Might make for some good shot gunning.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/05/22.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You have a bone for some guy you have yet to meet...You are going to be watching for a headlamp to be going to the stand...You are taking time and expense to put out cameras to maybe catch someone and not use them for keying in on getting a Deer. That's why...

I only have 56 acres, but if I had to spend that much time possessing about someone shooting a Deer off it, it wouldn't be worth the hassle. And in fact it is two confining and boring to hunt it over and over. With little effort, I have thousands of acres available to hunt within a couple hours drive max. I keep it because it has been in the family for over 100 years, and off and on it generates some cash and is a good long term investment. And finally it my turn into my Alamo. I'm also in the process of turning it over to my Daughter.

If I had to worry over it and every Deer on it, as you do yours....the joke would be on me.

Addition: Whitetail properties keeps sending me requests to buy it. Only to most likely sell to someone who will give little consideration to the future of hunting and post it up. Screw em....The Buffalo Creek guy has thousands of acres he allows hunting on, and isn't some I got mine now you can go to hell type. We need more of his kind.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

I guess I'm just weird where I believe our property is ours. No grey area.

And that applies to him and his property too

Last edited by Nathan13; 03/05/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In MN we cut trees down.

MOLON LABE
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
My bitch is folks shooting deer off other people's property. It happens every where, I know. I just don't stand for it. I'll work with people and I do alot. I hate poachers

What did the neighbor with the deer stand facing your property say?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
You know, I didn't realize my thread would offend so many line hunters. I apologize to those that think line hunting with the potential of poaching is ok.

Have a nice day.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by BradinVA

What did the neighbor with the deer stand facing your property say?

What did your neighbor say about it?

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Hope to run into him this spring

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hope to run into him this spring

You've never spoke to the owner of the property that you have an issue with, but you bitch about it on the internet? Very impressive.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 160user, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,282 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,824
Posts18,516,791
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.