Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Whatever you do, don't introduce yourself before the season and have a rational conversation. Spend your life patrolling the line and trying to fugg his hunt up rather than focus on making yours successful.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

If you could read, I said I was gonna make contact

I read just fine. Were your dozen or so pouty posts just preemptive cun'tyness assuming it doesn't get cleared up like men before the season?

Last edited by hillestadj; 03/06/22.
GB1

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Whatever you do, don't introduce yourself before the season and have a rational conversation. Spend your life patrolling the line and trying to fugg his hunt up rather than focus on making yours successful.

If you could read, I said I was gonna make contact

I read just fine. Were your dozen or so pouty posts just preemptive cun'tyness assuming it doesn't get cleared up like men before the season?

No, I don't think you can read

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
As thick as it looks I wouldn't imagine he is doing a lot of long range shooting. Looks like a good bow stand to me. I would hunt it. Landowner had a path cut around his property and the deer traveled the path. I set up 15 yards from the edge and faced the fence. Perfect bow distance.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's over 30 years of growth that that area hasn't been an active hunting area. I know deer have been taken out of this area but we are preventing that or atleast trying to

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's over 30 years of growth that that area hasn't been an active hunting area. I know deer have been taken out of this area but we are preventing that or atleast trying to

For conversation....If he didn't have a tree stand, but stood there facing any directions he felt like at the moment...Would you have a problem?

Why would someone who has 40 acres of decent land position his tree stand in a direction that only has roughly 5 yards til he hits the property line? What would you think? That little portion is hot. I think I have only been in there twice in 8 years. Turn the stand around facing your property and wait til they walk into your property . The trails heading north of the spot are heavy, I'm sure it is to the south also.

The area is hot for Deer...which makes sense of why he would place a stand there...Seems as if your complaint is which way he is looking when he first sees a Deer. And from the stand pic he would have little problem shooting right or left after a Deer crossed over. Your worry obviously has more to do with his success in a hot area, that you think should be off limits to one who owns it, than him possibly poaching.

I'm starting to wish he kills a nice one on his land and you have it on camera.....

Further indication that you would prefer a "hot" portion of another's land to be your private sanctuary....

Last edited by battue; 03/06/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

May be worthwhile to check that out.

What state would that be. Have you got a link to that code. I'd sure like to read it.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

Everytime you post you give yourself away more and more.
You just said it. You are trying to prevent deer from being killed in that area. I'm glad you finally admitted it. We all knew it all along, but you just erased any doubt.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Nathan13

You just said it. You are trying to prevent deer from being killed in that area. I'm glad you finally admitted it. We all knew it all along, but you just erased any doubt.

Remember....It is all about ethics... laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JackRyan
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Some states have laws regarding how close one can hunt to another person’s property line.

May be worthwhile to check that out.

What state would that be. Have you got a link to that code. I'd sure like to read it.

A state with tremendous overreach, if true. Just like one that dictates which direction your stand can face. Again, if true.

IC B3

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Nathan13

Remember....It is all about ethics... laugh

Actually, I'm just trying to stop folks from hunting other folks property. You guys call it fair game, I call it poaching.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Most seem to call it....You trying to telling others how they should hunt their own ground, because they will be inside what you consider to be your own private sanctuary.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Most seem to call it....You trying to telling others how they should hunt their own ground, because they will be inside what you consider to be your own private sanctuary.

Like you just said, on their land. They can do whatever they want. I know they are hunting mine, no evidence asod right now but will,...

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://imgur.com/a/MHTLTMJ

I'm also dealing with this crap on the north side of our property. I'm sick of it.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Basically we let them use roughly 30 yards of our property, I try to be neighborly, so they can get cover by trees. Went out there this fall and they cut trail into our property. I kicked them off today.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't get me wrong. They are good people but typical of humans, give an inch and they will take a foot. I'm done being nice

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Take a box to your barber shop, have him save the hair, scatter it around that area. Deer won’t come near it.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My brother in law said the same thing. Does hair really work?

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’d speak with them and let them know your concerns. I would not be happy with someone on the boarder of my property facing me with a gun. More of a safety issue than anything else. I’ve had issues in the past but once we got to know each other, all was well. Also, I’m surprised by the responses here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Like you just said, on their land. They can do whatever they want. I know they are hunting mine, no evidence asod right now but will,...

“There land, they can do whatever they want.”“No evidence” “Haven’t talked with them.” “But I know they are hunting mine.”
“But,but, but.”

It keeps getting more obvious which neighbor is the problem. If they ever combined forces against you, it would be epic. Headlamps flashing around your perimeter would be worth the price of cameras to catch you running the edges.

Sleep well😁

Last edited by battue; 03/07/22.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1moredeer, 160user, 222Sako, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,801
Posts18,516,282
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.