Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 10at6
I don’t deal with the public in my biz; I only work with other businesses. One of my customers does resell straight to the public. Another big one only sells to other businesses... point being... in the B-T-B world we are scrambling to raise prices as quickly as we can without killing demand. My material costs are skyrocketing; I simply have to raise the price on parts or I’m working too cheap. Then there’s just inflation in general. I gotta make more money, just to stay even.

These things take time. When Trump imposed tariffs on metals, my costs went up instantly. It took a year or so to gradually raise prices to compensate. Again... you can’t kill the golden goose- which is demand from the final consumers- which can happen if you raise prices too fast.

It sucks. It’s gonna get much worse, I’m afraid. We were already going to suffer some inflation from the actions of both Trump and Biden shoveling out pandemic money. Ukraine will make it that much worse. At some point, are people still gonna buy “stuff” they don’t actually need? One of my big customers provides parts and service for machines that are essentially hobbyist machines. I make a bunch of the parts, others are imported from Europe. I’m in direct competition with European machinists on these parts- ironically, mainly some dude in Poland. If he doesn’t raise his prices soon, I’m not sure what I’ll do. I expect he will. I don’t like making under $50/hr and some stuff I make is getting dang close due to metals skyrocketing. I just paid $238 for a length of bearing bronze that was $168 when I bought it last time a few months ago. I get 25 parts from the piece of material. Do the math... just from that, either me or my customer (both actually; we are splitting it for now) is making over $2 less per part. That’s about 4% of the retail price of the part- just from materials going up. I’ve been paying $168 for that bronze for years...

“May you live in interesting times”- old Chinese curse. They nailed it.
Check

Check out metal and fuel prices since Biden took office. You are truly a dumb [bleep]

Can you not read? Are you just... stoopid?

I am intimately acquainted with both metal and fuel prices, TYVM. How about YOU check out what happened when Trump applied his tariffs. Get back to me on that one. Hint: prices went way up. And yep, metal has gone up under Biden. It was gonna anyway- anyone with a brain knew inflation was coming and was regardless of who won in 2020. As it turned out Biden won in the proverbial landslide and, here we are.

I’m not blaming Trump (other than the tariffs, which were retarded). We devalued our currency with all the pandemic money. It was that or crater the economy. That adult decision was made by both R’s and D’s. Now we are paying the piper. The Ukraine [bleep] is going to make it much worse. Is what it is. How about you act like an adult about it? Lol... like you even could do that.

Wow you really are the biggest f u c ktard in this forum

No doubt. Proves it every time he sticks his neck up out of that hole.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The fool with 84 monthly payments of $800+ on his/her 1500/Suburban/Expedition etc.....

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The middle class absolutely has to be destroyed for what the left wants to implement, which is ultimately communism. When that's done they will step in and "level" the playing field as they have always wanted to do. I absolutely despise what's going on and in many ways feel helpless to do much to stop it. I've been taught all my life we're not supposed to harbor hate for fellow man but it's a real struggle for me to not do that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't know what is going to die economically-speaking, but if I was a farmer I'd chance the high fertilizer & fuel prices and go all-in on planting.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Me thinks having a garden, some critters to eat and a shop to stay busy in.....all beyond walking distance from the urban hell, is about as close to happy as one will be able to stay

Those trapped in the democrat nests are gonna really have a hard time.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The middle class absolutely has to be destroyed for what the left wants to implement, which is ultimately communism. When that's done they will step in and "level" the playing field as they have always wanted to do. I absolutely despise what's going on and in many ways feel helpless to do much to stop it. I've been taught all my life we're not supposed to harbor hate for fellow man but it's a real struggle for me to not do that.

I agree and feel the same as you.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think this has the potential to be the end, and I mean the actual end, of our economy as we know it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
THE DNC WILL SOON BECOME HISTORY

The Unions got 36 million in stimulus fraud. You can bet 99% will end up in the DNC bank accounts. I think that was the plan from the start.

stolen stimulus payments

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Inflationary price increases are like poison in a food chain - before long everyone, everything is affected. Financially the elderly & retired get it worse as pension/retirement fund systems never keep up with 'normal' increases cost of living, much less sudden, panic inflation.

Last edited by Offshoreman; 03/07/22.

AKA The P-Man smile

If you cherish your memories with kids, be a good role model . . . . so the RIGHT memories of you mean something to them.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn
You won’t be able to give away an SUV.

contrary we will take a few at least.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
Inflationary price increases are like poison in a food chain - before long everyone, everything is affected. Financially the elderly & retired get it worse as pension/retirement fund systems never keep up with 'normal' increases cost of living, much less sudden, panic inflation.

Another reason why I am not taking my social security. I'm waiting until I'm 70 just so I can beat (attempt to beat) inflation. I have Less than 2 years to go.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple things

* In the 19 years I've been here, hardly a week goes by where the fire doesn't say "world's gonna end soon - best be preparing" it's clockwork. Stuff goes up and down but rarely does it stop moving.

Hits in the economy -

People who bought used vehicles that aren't more than 2-3 years old at insanely high prices. When the correction comes, they'll be father underwater on depreciation than those that bought new. I saw a Chev with 30k on it and they want 51, I can buy it new for 54. Why buy used? People want to save that 3k and they give it right back in interest on the used item.

While I agree - those that have large fuel consuming vehicles are going to feel a pinch - many people are now also WFH - the amount they buy has gone down. I used to do 75 miles a day commuting and starting 2 years ago this week, that's dropped to 120 a week total. I can pay more for gas but not have it affect my budget as much. That's not for everyone, I know but it is for many.

I see companies like Door Dash, Uber Eats, Grub Hub struggling. As budgets get constrained - paying 11 bucks plus tip to deliver an 8 dollar taco will be easy math for many. They'll curtail the service.

Things that will rise -

E-commerce. I can order what I want without driving to get it. Eventually the "free shipping" piper needs to be paid but until it is....

Beer/wine/spirits and RTD cocktails - in a recession people "treat" themselves with such things at home. People I know in the industry have told me this several times. "I'm not gonna buy an expensive meal out but I'll pick up a 6-er of my favorite craft for the evening"

Remodeling and home improvement will continue to grow - people were doing it because they couldn't vacation/leave during Covid. Now they'll do it because they don't want a new mortgage at 8%+

Me

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riverc

Well make that three of us.... But i'm not sure it's just the left at work here... I think both sides are working together (on behalf of the ultra rich) to destroy the middle class... Middle class destruction is how the ultra rich class was created...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco

Well make that three of us.... But i'm not sure it's just the left at work here... I think both sides are working together (on behalf of the ultra rich) to destroy the middle class... Middle class destruction is how the ultra rich class was created...

Can someone show me where the number of middle class decreased by X and an corresponding increase in lower class or is the middle class shrink because upper class is growing?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I don’t deal with the public in my biz; I only work with other businesses. One of my customers does resell straight to the public. Another big one only sells to other businesses... point being... in the B-T-B world we are scrambling to raise prices as quickly as we can without killing demand. My material costs are skyrocketing; I simply have to raise the price on parts or I’m working too cheap. Then there’s just inflation in general. I gotta make more money, just to stay even.

These things take time. When Trump imposed tariffs on metals, my costs went up instantly. It took a year or so to gradually raise prices to compensate. Again... you can’t kill the golden goose- which is demand from the final consumers- which can happen if you raise prices too fast.

It sucks. It’s gonna get much worse, I’m afraid. We were already going to suffer some inflation from the actions of both Trump and Biden shoveling out pandemic money. Ukraine will make it that much worse. At some point, are people still gonna buy “stuff” they don’t actually need? One of my big customers provides parts and service for machines that are essentially hobbyist machines. I make a bunch of the parts, others are imported from Europe. I’m in direct competition with European machinists on these parts- ironically, mainly some dude in Poland. If he doesn’t raise his prices soon, I’m not sure what I’ll do. I expect he will. I don’t like making under $50/hr and some stuff I make is getting dang close due to metals skyrocketing. I just paid $238 for a length of bearing bronze that was $168 when I bought it last time a few months ago. I get 25 parts from the piece of material. Do the math... just from that, either me or my customer (both actually; we are splitting it for now) is making over $2 less per part. That’s about 4% of the retail price of the part- just from materials going up. I’ve been paying $168 for that bronze for years...

“May you live in interesting times”- old Chinese curse. They nailed it.

GFY!

Nah, I have people for that. Lol

Kinda figured jeffobamma takes it in the rump. sorry jeffo

GOA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Teal

Can someone show me where the number of middle class decreased by X and an corresponding increase in lower class or is the middle class shrink because upper class is growing?

Consumer debt and inflation?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It will have to get MUCH worse for anything to slow down. We have seen a large increase in tourism here. Boats, tractors, utvs, atvs, and campers are flying off the shelves... in the light of a constructed "pandemic", unemployment, etc.
Compared to almost any other citizen in any other country, US citizens are filthy rich, even those on gov assistance and minimum wage.
Observe how many Europeans, South Americans, Africans, etc have 2019 or newer vehicles, boats, campers, jet skis,and atvs in their driveways. Many do not own a car, much less toys. Hunters across the ocean may have one or two guns... many in the US have 10-20 or more. We prep for a possible apocolyptic event, they prepare to make itthrough next week.

Last edited by 280Rem1; 03/07/22.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Restaurants will actually hang on better than you think. People don’t have time to cook anymore.

it's almost a wash as to cooking a meal to eating out cost wise, atleast around here

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Well it's pretty simple actually... In simplified terms, They skim (steal) the income from the middle class, Condensing it into fewer and fewer hands creating an ultra rich class... Which desroys the quality of life for the middle class... Moving them down the ladder...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Well it's pretty simple actually... In simplified terms, They skim (steal) the income from the middle class, Condensing it into fewer and fewer hands creating an ultra rich class... Which desroys the quality of life for the middle class... Moving them down the ladder...

Oh bullschit!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 11 invisible), 14,451 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.