Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Pick-up trucks.

It’s going to be interesting. Used pickups go from sky high prices to give away prices. People may end more upside down on their loans for the stupid high used truck prices than new trucks will.

Plus the auto manufacturers put most their eggs in the full size truck/ suv market. They may have to do some quick adapting.

no they're going heavy into EV's at least Ford and GM are

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Calvin
Me.

I will burn about 9k gallons this season. Big chunk of change compared to what we have been paying.

ouch

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The middle class absolutely has to be destroyed for what the left wants to implement, which is ultimately communism. When that's done they will step in and "level" the playing field as they have always wanted to do. I absolutely despise what's going on and in many ways feel helpless to do much to stop it. I've been taught all my life we're not supposed to harbor hate for fellow man but it's a real struggle for me to not do that.

I agree and feel the same as you.

Well make that three of us.... But i'm not sure it's just the left at work here... I think both sides are working together (on behalf of the ultra rich) to destroy the middle class... Middle class destruction is how the ultra rich class was created...

Can someone show me where the number of middle class decreased by X and an corresponding increase in lower class or is the middle class shrink because upper class is growing?

Well it's pretty simple actually... In simplified terms, They skim (steal) the income from the middle class, Condensing it into fewer and fewer hands creating an ultra rich class... Which desroys the quality of life for the middle class... Moving them down the ladder...

I get what you're saying - what I'm asking for is the quantified number. There were 100 poor, 250 middle class and 50 rich. Now there are 200 poor, 150 middle class and 50 rich to ultra rich.

Or - as some have offered, the reason why the middle class has lost quite a few in that number - it's more like 75 poor, 200 middle class and 125 rich. People aren't moving down as much as they're moving up yet defining themselves inaccurately. Lots of "poor" people with 1k iPhones and "middle class" with vacation homes, multiple vehicles and boats too.

I'm trying to find actual numbers showing a 10 year comparison between the 2.

Anecdotally - most people I've seen "move up" even within the various strata in lower, middle and upper middle class - they're always spending like they're one level above.

NO ONE - regardless of class is going to refuse someone else handing them money for goods/services and so long as people (regardless of class) strive to spend like a level above, the person destroying the middle class is the middle class. (so to speak)

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by high_country_
Me thinks having a garden, some critters to eat and a shop to stay busy in.....all beyond walking distance from the urban hell, is about as close to happy as one will be able to stay

Those trapped in the democrat nests are gonna really have a hard time.

yep. a lot truth there

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ribka
Me.

I will burn about 9k gallons this season. Big chunk of change compared to what we have been paying.

ouch

Yeah my estimated fuel bill this season is gonna be about $40k at $4/gallon.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The middle class absolutely has to be destroyed for what the left wants to implement, which is ultimately communism. When that's done they will step in and "level" the playing field as they have always wanted to do. I absolutely despise what's going on and in many ways feel helpless to do much to stop it. I've been taught all my life we're not supposed to harbor hate for fellow man but it's a real struggle for me to not do that.

Well make that three of us.... But i'm not sure it's just the left at work here... I think both sides are working together (on behalf of the ultra rich) to destroy the middle class... Middle class destruction is how the ultra rich class was created...

Can someone show me where the number of middle class decreased by X and an corresponding increase in lower class or is the middle class shrink because upper class is growing?

You just hang on for a while longer and we'll all be seeing it with our own eyes. One of the key goals of communism is to not have a middle class. My source for that is the World Book encyclopedia. A middle class does not need welfare and welfare is what makes a more inviting climate for government control. In the Great Depression property was lost simply because the owner could not pay the taxes and these were not people that did not work and throw away what they had earned, they were good people that were struggling. There were instances of that right here where I live and my family members, gone now, witnessed it. The County took the property and it was sold on the Courthouse steps at an auction. Much of it was bought by banks then and they had their "pets" take over the farm. That's one way to get rid of the middle class and to assure support of those that hold the purse strings.

Last edited by Jim1611; 03/07/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
It will have to get MUCH worse for anything to slow down. We have seen a large increase in tourism here. Boats, tractors, utvs, atvs, and campers are flying off the shelves... in the light of a constructed "pandemic", unemployment, etc.
Compared to almost any other citizen in any other country, US citizens are filthy rich, even those on gov assistance and minimum wage.
Observe how many Europeans, South Americans, Africans, etc have 2019 or newer vehicles, boats, campers, jet skis,and atvs in their driveways. Many do not own a car, much less toys. Hunters across the ocean may have one or two guns... many in the US have 10-20 or more. We prep for a possible apocolyptic event, they prepare to make itthrough next week.

higher interest rates.....high fuel costs....high input costs in construction ....cost of houses etc is what makes a recession. recession means jobs lost which means people cant make their payments.

I dont care how low of interest you have on a house...you dont have a job you cant make the payments...no payments no house ...toys etc.....the only reason there has been this big of a boom ...is to low of rates...it works against good steady growth.....its not like this hasnt been a cycle forever...people just forget about it when times are good....bob

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by GregW
Me.

ouch

. Hope your business weathers through

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Well it's pretty simple actually... In simplified terms, They skim (steal) the income from the middle class, Condensing it into fewer and fewer hands creating an ultra rich class... Which desroys the quality of life for the middle class... Moving them down the ladder...

I get what you're saying - what I'm asking for is the quantified number. There were 100 poor, 250 middle class and 50 rich. Now there are 200 poor, 150 middle class and 50 rich to ultra rich.

Or - as some have offered, the reason why the middle class has lost quite a few in that number - it's more like 75 poor, 200 middle class and 125 rich. People aren't moving down as much as they're moving up yet defining themselves inaccurately. Lots of "poor" people with 1k iPhones and "middle class" with vacation homes, multiple vehicles and boats too.

I'm trying to find actual numbers showing a 10 year comparison between the 2.

Anecdotally - most people I've seen "move up" even within the various strata in lower, middle and upper middle class - they're always spending like they're one level above.

NO ONE - regardless of class is going to refuse someone else handing them money for goods/services and so long as people (regardless of class) strive to spend like a level above, the person destroying the middle class is the middle class. (so to speak)

I don't have #'s... But again in simple terms... I don't think the middle class fell off the wall by themselves... I think they were pushed!... And it's more than just income... Theres been a huge hit to the quality of goods and services as well...

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 03/08/22.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jim 1611 nails it...this assault on the middle class is not just the current economic climate, it is a symptom of something that has been going on since WW ll. Victor Davis Hanson's latest book is "The Dying Citizen"....Jim could have wrote the prologue.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Traditionally high inflation kills the working class.
The wealthy have assets that inflate in value.
This is why Brandon slipped and called Peter Doocie a dumb bastard ," inflation is an asset." he said
Also inflation consumes debt, pay off fixed rate loans with inflated dollars, again the wealthy win

Last edited by irfubar; 03/07/22.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by GregW
Me.

ouch

Biden voter surcharge. We are 4.29 gal right now. $5 wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your standard of living. We are all moving down a step or two from just a couple years ago. Know what changed? FJB

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Thanks for creating these interesting times with your votes for those destroying our country moron. Amazing low IQ idiots like you think your Gov Kate Brown and Biden are doing a great job.

Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I don’t deal with the public in my biz; I only work with other businesses. One of my customers does resell straight to the public. Another big one only sells to other businesses... point being... in the B-T-B world we are scrambling to raise prices as quickly as we can without killing demand. My material costs are skyrocketing; I simply have to raise the price on parts or I’m working too cheap. Then there’s just inflation in general. I gotta make more money, just to stay even.

These things take time. When Trump imposed tariffs on metals, my costs went up instantly. It took a year or so to gradually raise prices to compensate. Again... you can’t kill the golden goose- which is demand from the final consumers- which can happen if you raise prices too fast.

It sucks. It’s gonna get much worse, I’m afraid. We were already going to suffer some inflation from the actions of both Trump and Biden shoveling out pandemic money. Ukraine will make it that much worse. At some point, are people still gonna buy “stuff” they don’t actually need? One of my big customers provides parts and service for machines that are essentially hobbyist machines. I make a bunch of the parts, others are imported from Europe. I’m in direct competition with European machinists on these parts- ironically, mainly some dude in Poland. If he doesn’t raise his prices soon, I’m not sure what I’ll do. I expect he will. I don’t like making under $50/hr and some stuff I make is getting dang close due to metals skyrocketing. I just paid $238 for a length of bearing bronze that was $168 when I bought it last time a few months ago. I get 25 parts from the piece of material. Do the math... just from that, either me or my customer (both actually; we are splitting it for now) is making over $2 less per part. That’s about 4% of the retail price of the part- just from materials going up. I’ve been paying $168 for that bronze for years...

“May you live in interesting times”- old Chinese curse. They nailed it.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I think a lot of these craft breweries are going to go under with the price of grain going through the roof. They already want more for a beer than some of their appetizers.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by irfubar
Traditionally high inflation kills the working class.
The wealthy have assets that inflate in value.
This is why Brandon slipped and called Peter Doocie a dumb bastard ," inflation is an asset." he said
Also inflation consumes debt, pay off fixed rate loans with inflated dollars, again the wealthy win

yep. There's a big wake up call for middle and lower class Americans. Pople under 40 have never experienced a bad recession or stag elation yet. This should be interesting

Posted this twice. But why did Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan just invest huge amounts in the Russian economy last week during supposed sanctions against Russia? If one were paranoid one would think this was done on purpose ( like in 2008 mortgage fraud created by these same big banks) to drive down assets to pick up at bargain prices. Im trying to pick up a few Russian stocks in energy and oil, metals now but am prohibited as an investor due to sanctions and all trading shut down but big corrupt banks can do this. Almost as if this "war" was planned or incited on purpose

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Terryk
I think restaurants will tank.
Luxury item will be a tough sale. I see more stuff needing sold off, than being bought.

Restaurants have been tank'n for 2+ yrs.

And the more that tank out, the greater the captive audience for those that survive. We just a signed a lease for a 250 plus seater in the White Mtns. Ground up build up. Place will be a giant cash register. Just like the other 5. Re-opened the joints as soon as quarantine ended. Was real rough for a while when you couldn’t get anyone to work. Business reallly started blowing up again last summer. Big outdoor seating. Lack of competition. That trend is going to continue exponentially. Yeah, costs are up largely. But you adapt. People are paying for it. They won’t stop going out to eat and drink. Not till it’s end times. And even then…

I’ll be running kitchens till the nukes hit. And I promise you asses will be in the seats when they do. It’s just human nature.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
This economy sucks, gas prices are forcing me to buy a larger boat! That way I can get more people on board, to help split the fuel bill! 🤔

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Terryk
I think restaurants will tank.
Luxury item will be a tough sale. I see more stuff needing sold off, than being bought.

Restaurants have been tank'n for 2+ yrs.

And the more that tank out, the greater the captive audience for those that survive. We just a signed a lease for a 250 plus seater in the White Mtns. Ground up build up. Place will be a giant cash register. Just like the other 5. Re-opened the joints as soon as quarantine ended. Was real rough for a while when you couldn’t get anyone to work. Business reallly started blowing up again last summer. Big outdoor seating. Lack of competition. That trend is going to continue exponentially. Yeah, costs are up largely. But you adapt. People are paying for it. They won’t stop going out to eat and drink. Not till it’s end times. And even then…

I’ll be running kitchens till the nukes hit. And I promise you asses will be in the seats when they do. It’s just human nature.
. good luck good to see some American businesses thriving

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ken_L
I think a lot of these craft breweries are going to go under with the price of grain going through the roof. They already want more for a beer than some of their appetizers.

They'll likely pull back from package beer as that's getting very expensive. They may also go back to self-distribution if legal. Captures more of the revenue stream. Expect expansion of brewery tap rooms and tap room only availability. Capture the entire 6 dollar pint of revenue instead of selling it into the distributor channels...

Me

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 14,386 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.