Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch
That means there's PLENTY of rental vehicles to go around, so that pipeline has been filled. I expect that vehicle availability will loosen up pretty quickly over the next few months, with used prices dropping quickly.

Those that bought used 2-4 year old vehicles at new or new+ prices are gonna be shocked at how upside down they are when the market/inventory normalizes. Depreciation is gonna give some heart attacks.

Me

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Don't any of you guys belong to credit unions? Mine has direct relationships with the dealers. Your base price is just over dealer invoice. Got my 2019 4Runner this way, delivered to my driveway. No charge.

Moving my crap over to one this weekend.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I have $4k on deposit with my LONG STANDING Toyota dealer.

That is $1k deposit on FOUR different fleet vehicles.

Toyota is running at 3% production...

They are the LEADER OF THE PACK.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I have $4k on deposit with my LONG STANDING Toyota dealer.

That is $1k deposit on FOUR different fleet vehicles.

Toyota is running at 3% production...

They are the LEADER OF THE PACK.

Hard Commodities... Physically Held...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Bought a new F-150 4x4 in November. Very glad that I did it then.
Zero% financing. I came out okay trading in my tundra for it.

Helluva a deal...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes. I bought an eight year old Corolla three weeks ago. I can't keep my eyes off that little screen where the current MPG is displayed, flickering between 41-42 miles per gallon on my 80 mile commute.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to an auction last Sat. that had 3 trucks still under warranty. All were crew cabs, leather, and diesels. The GMC 3/4T had 22K miles, one Ford 3/4T had 4300 miles, the other Ford 1T had 17K miles. One man bought all three and they brought from $68K to $73K. They also had a 2000 Ford 1T dually, crewcab, leather, 7.3L diesel, 157K miles, body had a few scratches but nothing serious, fenders good. Bid up to $16K and didn't sell, seller wanted $19K.

I hope prices come down, since the wife totaled her car, we've been putting a lot of miles on my truck.

Last edited by Oldman03; 03/09/22. Reason: k

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Was wanting to go grab a Subaru Wilderness Outback but that’s on the back burner these days. Was thinking of trading in the 4Runner and selling the Ranger. No sense in it now, both of those are paid off and just cost me taxes, Ins., and license. Have 18 months left paying on the Camry which we use 90% of the time. Probably 98% now with the price of gas going up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Cant imagine holding cash will be a good position over the next few years.

Big trucks might not hold value like they did, but I’d bet they don’t drop quite as fast as the dollar.

Throw down your money, take your chances!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Teal
I've been shopping but not serious.

Have a feeling I'll end up Tacoma or Tundra with Silverado 3rd.

If it gets as bad as people think - cash will be useless, think Weimar Republic. EVERYONE will be defaulted on stuff - if everyone's effed, then we're all equal.

I expect the .gov will simply end up confiscating 401k's to keep things going. A revolution isn't gonna return the US to anything. It will be USA 2.0 or nothing. Either way you're not getting your $ back.

It's gonna be miserable, may as well be miserable in heated leather seats...

Do you really believe all that you wrote?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EdM

If it gets as bad as people think - cash will be useless, think Weimar Republic. EVERYONE will be defaulted on stuff - if everyone's effed, then we're all equal.

I expect the .gov will simply end up confiscating 401k's to keep things going. A revolution isn't gonna return the US to anything. It will be USA 2.0 or nothing. Either way you're not getting your $ back.

Ed, as far as 401k plans go we might all want to look at what was done in The Netherlands by their government.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jbmi
Ordered one over 3 months ago, before all the crap was happening.
It should be in anytime, having second thoughts, it's a "want" vs "need"
Dealer says I don't have to take it, as they have a waiting list for this one.
It was a decent deal, no mark up above sticker, plus got 3K off with a family & friends coupon.
Paying cash, just a slight hesitation thinking if I'd be better off waiting for things to settle down, and if all hell breaks loose if I'd need the cash.
Decisions, decisions, decisions crazy

We went through this same thing recently. I ordered a Honda accord EX-L hybrid last year. It showed up in January so we had to decide. It was nice and loaded up with everything we'd want. It's a full size that gets 48 mpg overall. I didn't like the wide center console cockpit design but my wife liked it. We were at MSRP with no mark up but no real discounts either. It would be an extra car for us just for my wife to take to work. I have a 2021 f150 powerboost and my wife has a 2021 pacifica hybrid.

In the end we didn't buy it. We had cash and thought a car that gets that kind of mileage may be worth even more the way Biden is going. It's just hard to imagine new cars being an investment after years of always loosing on them. I was thinking at the time that if poohtin hits Ukraine then China will hit Taiwan. Considering 80 % of the world's chips are made in Taiwan a war there could make our car market look like Cubas. In the end we decided it was a want not a need but they way gas is heading we are still wondering if we should have bought it.

Cars typically loose value but right now they are holding strong while our money in the bank is loosing value. It's a tough call right now. I think if the accord would have fit me better and let me drive with my knees apart I would have bought it. So, if you really like the car I'd say go for it. If you don't really love it skip it. I usually find myself looking at new cars when I'm feeling down about other things. It's like emotional eating but with car buying so I have to watch myself. I love new cars.

Bb

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Bought a new F-150 4x4 in November. Very glad that I did it then.
Zero% financing. I came out okay trading in my tundra for it.

Helluva a deal...

I was happy with it. They didn’t discount but 8% off of msrp but gave me more than i paid for my tundra with 95,000 miles on it, needed new tires and had 4000$ worth of body damage from hitting 2 deer with it and i had collected on the 4000$.

So all in all I felt okay with it.

The tundra that I traded was sold before it went into the body shop or had any other work done on it.

I brought my F-150 back for a recall on the body/frame bushings and there were no new trucks on the lot and only several new cars.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I ordered a new Bronco last week. An extravagance that I may have to reconsider. .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

Believe it's going to happen just like that? Maybe but not 100% probable. Mostly unlikely.

Weimar inflation? We're working on it. Jebus, gas is moving almost a dollar a day at the pump right now. Daily 25% swings in price on something as necessary as fuel for everyone has consequences.

Supply chain wise, what used to move for 3800 is moving for 8k on the same lane. It ALL comes home to roost. This isn't a short blip, it's been an issue in supply chain since 3/28/2020. 2 YEARS. You can't be sick this long and not have lingering side effects.

The alternative to not happening that way would be a decent outcome so no reason to freak. If it does go that way - the USA as we know it will cease to exist. Old USA debt is gone. 250 years is a long time not to have disruption towards new. A great reset is coming, just for whom is still in contention

Either way - you're OK. Buy what you can afford.

Speaking specifically about 401k - absolutely. It may not happen but they damn well have thought about it and it might be THE thing to kick this all off.

Me

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Buying 7 tomorrow!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't need or want a new pickup.

My wife doesn't need or want.
(she did say she liked the new $60k Explorer at the local Ford dealer but sorry sweetheart not happening....lol)

I do want a new or lightly used Yamaha Grizzly 700, keep the old one for backup.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I really need a newer truck, but used is not available and stupid money, but new is crazy too at sticker. So I just keep fixing and watching for change.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The question remains:do you really want it?

If you can get by without it don't get it.

They have been trying for a while to get me to sell/trade my truck in on a 22 model.

Thing is it is the smaller eco-boost model and does not come with a tow package,mine has one and it is a 2015.

And they offered me 24,000.00 if i did it.

This started last year.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
At the very least, take delivery and sell for a profit.
JFC…..
Bought the wife a land cruiser last March. We could sell it now for minimum $15-$20k profit. We’re living in a cartoon world.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (1234, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,741
Posts18,514,499
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.