-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My thoughts: Not everyone likes the same brand of coffee. If you're at a friend's house, they offer you a cup of coffee you can say, yes please or no thank you. I'm sure there are some on here who don't care for coffee so you just pass; and say no thank you.

I hope this will help. It might be over someone's head. No hurt intended.

If we are all going to play ball in the same field, we need to get along.

Y'all have a blessed weekend.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
I'm white, Southern, conservative, Christian, and a veteran of long-served military service - I say that only because my comments are intended for many of you who claim to be the same as me. I think a lot of folks on here take advantage of free speech and subject it to the most distasteful ends possible. While I fully support and have fought for your right to do so, I certainly don't agree with all that you say and especially your attempts to put your spin of bigotry and racism on every post that appears on The Campfire. On the various other technical forums, you hijack posts with personal attacks because you disagree with someone else’s viewpoint, or because you believe that their gender or ethnicity makes their opinion unworthy. Because you get away with it, because you get few if any dissenting responses, you assume that your rhetoric is superior and your behavior is acceptable - the truth is that most on here just don’t want to stoop to your level.

Furthermore, I firmly believe that the original intent of The Campfire was to serve as an online community for the exchange of knowledge and ideas for those of us who lived the outdoor shooting and hunting lifestyle - maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think it was intended to be an outhouse for those of you with extremist views to take a political dump anytime and anywhere. The problem I have is also personal: I have daughters - one of whom likes to hunt and shoot when she can - and also grandchildren, boys and girls. You have made this sight unsuitable for them and quite frankly, I don’t think it is your right to do so. Where I come from the term ‘gentleman’ still means something. If you’re not sure what that is, a simple definition means behaving the same way you would in front of your mother. Some of you certainly don’t qualify or don’t care and that’s certainly your business; but by common association on the campfire, you give the rest of us a bad name and that’s my business. Because you scream the most and the loudest, doesn’t mean that you’re right - it just means you’re intellectually obnoxious . . . and sure as hell, it means The Campfire is dying within.

They aren't going to treat you well for this one. This place is the toilet of the internet.

And you are the turd in the Bidet.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This place is the toilet of the internet.

LOL. You believe that you don't get out much.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Offshoreman
I'm white, Southern, conservative, Christian, and a veteran of long-served military service - I say that only because my comments are intended for many of you who claim to be the same as me. I think a lot of folks on here take advantage of free speech and subject it to the most distasteful ends possible. While I fully support and have fought for your right to do so, I certainly don't agree with all that you say and especially your attempts to put your spin of bigotry and racism on every post that appears on The Campfire. On the various other technical forums, you hijack posts with personal attacks because you disagree with someone else’s viewpoint, or because you believe that their gender or ethnicity makes their opinion unworthy. Because you get away with it, because you get few if any dissenting responses, you assume that your rhetoric is superior and your behavior is acceptable - the truth is that most on here just don’t want to stoop to your level.

Furthermore, I firmly believe that the original intent of The Campfire was to serve as an online community for the exchange of knowledge and ideas for those of us who lived the outdoor shooting and hunting lifestyle - maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think it was intended to be an outhouse for those of you with extremist views to take a political dump anytime and anywhere. The problem I have is also personal: I have daughters - one of whom likes to hunt and shoot when she can - and also grandchildren, boys and girls. You have made this sight unsuitable for them and quite frankly, I don’t think it is your right to do so. Where I come from the term ‘gentleman’ still means something. If you’re not sure what that is, a simple definition means behaving the same way you would in front of your mother. Some of you certainly don’t qualify or don’t care and that’s certainly your business; but by common association on the campfire, you give the rest of us a bad name and that’s my business. Because you scream the most and the loudest, doesn’t mean that you’re right - it just means you’re intellectually obnoxious . . . and sure as hell, it means The Campfire is dying within.

They aren't going to treat you well for this one. This place is the toilet of the internet.

This place ain't bad and if you think it is don't ever go to 4chan especially /pol. They make this place look like a Sunday School picnic.

This place has a rough crowd but at the same time there are a whole lot of folks who will go out of their way to help another.

Last edited by dodgefan; 03/12/22.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been a member here for over a decade. I haven't noticed much difference in the conversation/speech enjoyed by members. There is an ebb and flow to the cantankerous rancor of the posts but like others have said, that's life.

The cool thing about this place is you can always rip into those who you think are being recardo's without being censored, or just move on to the next thread/sub forums, take it or leave it. As to the younger and more sensitive members of your family you are concerned with, give them fair warning, and if they are of appropriate age and they've been raised right their moral fiber won't be desecrated by the "unsuitability" of certain aspects of the 24CF.

Another option is to start your own forum and censor the talk you disagree with, like they do on all the other forums that really are dying via woke BS.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
This site is my refuge from the PC mentality that is dangerously transforming our world into a very ugly place.

Please, Ric, don't change a thing.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Not that it matters but I agree with the OP 100%. The antisemitism, sexual insults about Miss Lynn, posts about vaginas, the guy who kept posting pictures with a sex organ coming out of someone's head, deFlave's posts with "cuck" every third word--these have no place in decent society. Intelligent people either leave or lurk most of the time.

If you can't argue the facts that someone else posts, and only resort to obscene name calling, intelligent people don't want anything to do with you.

As it is now, I encourage the OP's daughters to ignore 24HCF and go to a more decent and respectful site. There are many.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood

Just for schits, he should spend a day reading the Democrat Underground.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Not that it matters but I agree with the OP 100%. The antisemitism, sexual insults about Miss Lynn, posts about vaginas, the guy who kept posting pictures with a sex organ coming out of someone's head, deFlave's posts with "cuck" every third word--these have no place in decent society. Intelligent people either leave or lurk most of the time.

If you can't argue the facts that someone else posts, and only resort to obscene name calling, intelligent people don't want anything to do with you.

As it is now, I encourage the OP's daughters to ignore 24HCF and go to a more decent and respectful site. There are many.

You are also a suburbanite who thinks people should have to travel to regulated ranges and not be able to shoot in their own property. Take your virtue signaling to your next HOA meeting and leave it at the door here.

See what I mean about paying attention to posters?

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
I like the free speech aspect. But just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

And yes, I'm guilty of it too.

Me too, but I do agree with a lot of what the OP says. There is lots of good folks though, with lots of knowledge. Still a great place to learn something.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I've been a member here for over a decade. I haven't noticed much difference in the conversation/speech enjoyed by members. There is an ebb and flow to the cantankerous rancor of the posts but like others have said, that's life.

The cool thing about this place is you can always rip into those who you think are being recardo's without being censored, or just move on to the next thread/sub forums, take it or leave it. As to the younger and more sensitive members of your family you are concerned with, give them fair warning, and if they are of appropriate age and they've been raised right their moral fiber won't be desecrated by the "unsuitability" of certain aspects of the 24CF.

Another option is to start your own forum and censor the talk you disagree with, like they do on all the other forums that really are dying via woke BS.

+1

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
There were reasons the old smoking and drinking rooms of many clubs didnt allow female intrusion while the women had their sewing rooms.

Now we have the girls in the boy scouts and the boys in the girls restrooms.

Is there not to be a Campfire mens room?

There arent many places where men of a feather are still free to flock together.

I disagree with the common animosity shown toward some females who dared penetrate the Fire and would ask all to forgive any who make errors in judgment, for none here are without sin.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

I value my time more than that.

OP: I notice most of the foul-mouthed, hateful people aren't really contributors to the webpage otherwise. They tend to stay out of the informational forums.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would prefer to filter out the playground tactics if it means we retain the ability to speak our minds freely.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
People are mostly free to come and go as they please.

If you find a particular participant's behavior distasteful, put that person on "ignore" and they will no longer exist for you.

Just like an actual campfire, you can get up and leave at any time and if the behavior of the people at that campfire irritates you, you can find a new campfire that is more agreeable to you.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Ha, he doesnt get paid to preach to the choir. Hes here doing a job for the deep state mob.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am thankful for the lack of censorship on this site. The downside is that a$$holes and trolls are free to spew their bile as well. I am afraid they go hand in hand. There is still plenty of knowledge and wisdom imparted on the Campfire. You just have to sift through the garbage to find it.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
At a real campfire, if you're foul-mouthed, hateful, and a generally bad human spewing nonsense in front of my wife and children, I can face you man to man and teach you some manners. Half the people here wouldn't treat people as they do here face to face at a real campfire. Anonymity of the internet and all.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Thank you Offshoreman. While I support every ones right to post what they want, it saddens me to think that there are that many that really believe that crap. Some of them must be very sad and lonely and only post for attention. Well said Indy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Why subject yourself to such debauchery?

All you gotta do is make your actions match your words.

Or do you hang around hoping for heavy moderation here?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 38 invisible), 2,517 guests, and 1,094 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,764
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.