Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I bet the tough guys here would be begging me to save their grandkids if they were od'ing.

No no...supposed to just let them die.

Most of us tough guys raised our kids to know better, as our kids also raised our grandkids.

I did have the advantage that my kids got to watch my cousin burn his brain to dust over about two years with meth.

You didn't teach your kids schit.

You just got lucky...statistically speaking.

Phuggin right Jim.

Worked hard to raise my kids right.
19 and 14, things look good.
We are not close to so self righteous as to assume things will be great
just because they are ours.

In my experience, those kind of parents have the worst kids.

"MY kid would NEVER..."

Parents who think they have good kids, don't.

The rest of us work hard, expect them to screw up, try to catch it,
correct it, and pray.

And who hasn't seen good solid adults fall.

Let's not even get into the patients the medical establishment
addicted. Back when every interaction included your pain level,
And "no one should ever experience pain".
Ask any older doc. Mine acknowledges it.
It was the standard of the time.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My pothead grandson lost a good scholarship, flunked out of college, and spent a few years pouring concrete with a crew of wetbacks before he finally decided to get his act together and sober up. Now he's got a decent job doing quality control and crankshaft balancing at a big automotive engine plant. I hope he can stay on the straight and narrow long enough to make a work ethic his default setting.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
this is very entertaining, the wife left for a drive so she wouldn't say anything she regretted. Maybe the wife got tired of the husband complaining of him not being the center the attention, of her accent and her culture, and her parents (which by the way live half a world away and are rarely welcome to come visit) the wife works 10 and half hour days, drives two hours for work and still has to come home cook, clean and make sure she is in bed by eight 30 because her husband says he needs the sleep. yes also the other complain is that she wakes him up in the morning when she has to get up at 5 am to do it all over again. yes, also the three kids, yes she should be grateful that he took her in with three kids, especially when she solely supports them and has to attend every school event by herself because the husband is too stuck in the computer for hours on end visiting with his forum friends that do not care if lives or dies. bipolar, that was the last diagnoses for the second wife. respectfully a hard working woman that is fed up. thank you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just rejoice in knowing the drug war and all those Gooberment laws and ajencys using billions in tax dollars that keep us all safe protected those boys from worse harm

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Snorting a line of cocaine is not the worst crime a college boy can commit. I hear that lots of kids do it. It is not exactly the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby. These wild boys, didn't know it was laced with fentanyl.

You want to destroy their careers over this? Drugs are not exactly unknown in the military. Two of my best friends from high school, Greg D. and Phil P., joined the Marines in 1967 so that they could fight for their country in Vietnam. Phil and Greg had never even smoked a joint before they joined the Marines. They told me that they could buy a "ball" of heroin, the size of a golf ball, from an 8 year old kid on the streets of Saigon, for 5 bucks. They both came back from the 'Nam heroin addicts. Sticking that needle into the veins on their arms. By Christmas of 1970, Phil was dead of a heroin overdose. Greg survived for some years, but he was still ruined from his years as a warrior in the Marines.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You didn't teach your kids schit.

You just got lucky...statistically speaking.

A bunch of generalizations being presented as absolutes here.

About 90% of us grow up to be like our parents, good or bad, so obviously we learn a bunch from our parents just by being there.

I see it every day at work, a kid raised in a secure home with two loving parents is less likely to screw up. On the other hand, if your parents sucked and subjected you to various sorts of abuse, shot up in front of you, dealt drugs and fronted stolen merchandise, you might grow up a tad more fragile than you otherwise would.

Then there’s that other 10% that grow up different.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
You want to destroy their careers over this?

They did that themselves.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess my give a schit for politically connected frat boys is broken.... IDGAF

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I bet the tough guys here would be begging me to save their grandkids if they were od'ing.

No no...supposed to just let them die.

Everyone’s a hard ass until it’s their kid who’s blue.

As you know, you are absolutely right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
Just rejoice in knowing the drug war and all those Gooberment laws and ajencys using billions in tax dollars that keep us all safe protected those boys from worse harm

Yeah, it's the government's fault they did drugs when they weren't supposed to.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After thinking about it: those cadets should have been tossed onto the beach with dead carps to let the seagulls peck out their eyeballs. Fck them and fck West Point Academy, that institution is a schitthole.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No...it's pretty much luck.

Parents have some to do with it.....but not nearly as much as we would like to believe.

This is the dumbest thing I've read on the forum in days.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Peddler

Parents have some to do with it.....but not nearly as much as we would like to believe.

You would be wrong.... Conrad is correct.... it's that free will thing God gave us

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar

You would be wrong.... Conrad is correct.... it's that free will thing God gave us

I think you missed the point. We all have free will and these folks are responsible for the decisions they make. But the probability of a person making a stupid decision depends significantly on their upbringing.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

I think you missed the point. We all have free will and these folks are responsible for the decisions they make. But the probability of a person making a stupid decision depends significantly on their upbringing.

I have seen enough very good parents have a good kid and a bad kid... raised in the same house, same rules... I always feel bad for the good parents with a bad kid.
That being said bad parents stand a damn good chance of having all bad kids, a kid that rises above a bad household is rare indeed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have seen enough very good parents have a good kid and a bad kid... raised in the same house, same rules... I always feel bad for the good parents with a bad kid.
That being said bad parents stand a damn good chance of having all bad kids, a kid that rises above a bad household is rare indeed

Understand. That's why I used the term probability. The odds are still significantly better with a good upbringing, even though there can be outliers.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by reivertom
... And it's coming across the Southern border in truckloads.

Post a couple weeks ago referenced a truck seized on the border with fentanyl. Did the math, the single truck had enough fentanyl to kill 88 million people with 2x the lethal dose. Nasty stuff...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by reivertom
... And it's coming across the Southern border in truckloads.
Post a couple weeks ago referenced a truck seized on the border with fentanyl. Did the math, the single truck had enough fentanyl to kill 88 million people with 2x the lethal dose. Nasty stuff...

Let's go Brandon!

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Understand. That's why I used the term probability. The odds are still significantly better with a good upbringing, even though there can be outliers.

Outliers??

Hell. Prevalent...not outliers.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
So we have our education system awarding grades based on color, sexual preference or whatever the crisis of the day is and require a recommendation from a sitting senator or congress critter. When one considers the current crop of educators and legislators are you really surprised?

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 50 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.