Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Judman
660 6ai, timney, talleys, McMillan, 22” hart, leupold, buck hammer. Just waiting for the “failures”. 👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's a slick rig, Jud. Y'all are making the decision a little harder...

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
R
I've got 3 600s and 1 660. I prefer barrel length and lack of rib on the 660. None of mine are going anywhere.

Rick
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
660 6ai, timney, talleys, McMillan, 22” hart, leupold, buck hammer. Just waiting for the “failures”. 👊🏻

I like this rig, very much - enough I could live with the Leupold whistle

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I like this rig, very much - enough I could live with the Leupold whistle

Haha oh stop it!!😅

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

That's a slick rig, Jud. Y'all are making the decision a little harder...

Pretty slick build, drug it all over wa, id, mt, and Alberta, hammered some big deer with it. Those 80’s@ 3650, don’t get shrugged off very easy. 👊🏻

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I reckon I've not built on a 600,in but a couple decades. Always "wondered" where you gals got "your" ideas?!? Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The blueprint is MUCH better in a MR contour,wearing a welded 700 handle and welded DD XP-100 chopped "rail". It'd be tough to poke a schittier chambering than a 243 Mouser AI,in a 2.815" magbox. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and pass the Montucky. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tremendous blacktail stick. I have just one 600 in 7mm-08 and it needs some bolt repair, otherwise nice little rig. Chic Donnelly barrel.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This thread inspired me to go pull the 6mm 660 I bought a few months back out of the closet and get a scope mounted. Might get to pop a coyote or pig during the off season.

Last edited by weagle; 03/17/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll take a S/S Seven over a 6xx anything and I fhuqking HATE Seven's. Even with binderless magfed .670 BC 162gr 7-08 Smooches. Hint.

Or .697 BC 147gr Kreedmire Smooches. Hint.

Though I only have (1) extra 600 .473" bolt laying around. Hint.

There's simply nothing redeeming in a 6xx-Series. Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big slit, oh oh, that’s right, the (1) time I called you and asked for build specs???!!! Haha you stupid bastard.

I can imagine you talking on the phone now, a hybrid of a chipmunk on crack, and the hamburgler. I hear you’re so nice via the phone too, you washed up lazy cab lizard bushelor you!! Haha 🖕🏿

PS, please hang a pic other than kelp fed beach buck kilt from a boat.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Use ALL of your Imagination,to Pretend that you do not greedily read my EVERY word and ogle EVERY Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can almost use your own words and punctuation. Almost. You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by sqweeler
35 Rem with big brother's. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Nice.

I'm on the lookout for a beater or just an action that I can use to put together a .358 win on maybe even a .35 Rem. I have a good take -off stock and will use one of CVMW's trigger guards. I have several Rem take-off barrels that I could send to Jes to re-bore.

I had a .35 Rem a few years back, but it was the early ribbed version which I don't particularly enjoy but of course it brought a pretty penny on trade. I'm thinking a 660ish configuration in a medium .35 would be out of the safe quite often.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat, if this is “imagination and pretend “, I’ll gladly take another large helping….👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]images upload

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by weagle

Nice.

I'm on the lookout for a beater or just an action that I can use to put together a .358 win on maybe even a .35 Rem. I have a good take -off stock and will use one of CVMW's trigger guards. I have several Rem take-off barrels that I could send to Jes to re-bore.

I had a .35 Rem a few years back, but it was the early ribbed version which I don't particularly enjoy but of course it brought a pretty penny on trade. I'm thinking a 660ish configuration in a medium .35 would be out of the safe quite often.

Potentially having JES punch a 600 in 308 to 358 is what got me looking at it in the first place. A very compact, medium bore seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I mostly shoot deer, but a 225 TSX seems like it would stop most anything within the range I have any business shooting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by weagle

Nice.

Potentially having JES punch a 600 in 308 to 358 is what got me looking at it in the first place. A very compact, medium bore seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I mostly shoot deer, but a 225 TSX seems like it would stop most anything within the range I have any business shooting.

Be a dandy. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Use all the Imagination and Pretend you can muster,to quantify how many times a day you think about me,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,not everyone can afford a camera,as you extoll eloquently(that means pretty). Hint.

You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hog neck, no one thinks more about you, than you…

Now silence, gettin texts and workin a deal on a triple deuce Mohawk.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip,while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Embarrassingly,I can't even know what a Triple Deuce is,but it must be VERY "rewarding" for you to envision one,with your Imagination and Pretend. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Forced to surmise in regards to same,I'd venture a guess that the POS chambering,just might make a Fair to Middlin' .378" Donor. Mebbe even in a 7" RPM Hawk' chambered 223 SALAMI,MacaMillion,TT Flatty,yada,yada,yada...the usual. Especially,if/when throated for .545 BC's. Hint.

So this is a VERY big day for you,because now you can say you've "seen" one and show your "pards" my pictures! The noises you hear,are betwixt your crossed-eyes and is Reality colliding with your Fantasies,yet again. You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
!966, I was stationed in Taiwan and had access to an unlimited supply of 5.56 55gr Ball ammo and told the cleck at the Ebassy gunshop I'd take the first 223 they could get their hands on. Low and behold it was the ugliest rifle I'd ever seen but it was a 223, I added a 4x Weaver, rings, scope and walked out the door either $69 or $89 lighter. I cant remember if the rifle was $69 and the scope was $20 more or if the whole package was $69. I was buying Rem 870 Wingmasters for $49 and Win 101's for $150.

Well before I ever fired the thing it went to the USAF armorer and he removed the rib, milled the studs off and rounded the forend to a nice shape. 55 years later the rifle has done yeoman work, on traplines, ADC work, calling predators and even won a club BR match, it doted on Herters primers, powder and bullets. Around 1995 the barrel had seen too many bullets down it and I rebarreled it to 6x45mm and it kept right on winning Egg Shoots and killing predators across the west. Mow it wears a synthetic stock aluminum trigger guard and PacNor SS barrel. It is one gun that will stay with me for a long time. I do have a Criterion 20P Remage barrel that could go on it in a pinch if I have to pare down the rifle numbers.

Pics if I get around to getting it out of the safe soon.

1967 was long before the internet and access to the information we have today. If I would have known How rare it was I might not have made it into a working rifle. Surprisingly they had gotten two into the shop and as far as I know today those were the only two that were sold to the public.

Last edited by erich; 03/18/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big Slit, it’s a done deal. Speaking of “pards”, how’s the chance you can tell the www about your “Pards” killin moose sheep and caribou you lucky bitch!! Haha

Do you sit at home and cry knowing “pards” get to take full advantage of Alaska, while you sit on a [bleep] Indian reservation waving poms poms on the sidelines??

Fuucking laughing harder!!!! ….. you go hog neck!!

PS, don’t forget to clean your C pap machine nightly!! 👊🏻

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 13,564 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,162
Posts18,542,906
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.