Home
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Rem 600? - 03/15/22
Other than the rail, what's the story? How do they compare to contemporary pushfeed m70s? Can the trigger be replaced?

Thanks y'all.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
They are an easy pass,from any/all angles. 70's have greater COAL and triggers are easy. Hint...............
Posted By: rem141r Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
my 350 is very accurate and has a nice trigger. not sure if it has had any work other than the remington recall. it is pretty obnoxious to shoot though. hard to get a good check weld and not take a punch. plus the muzzle blast is substantial. i have shot the 308 and 222 versions and they are much more agreeable. they are a love/hate thing for the most part. stock is kind of like a 2x4 and the rib and trigger guard are plastic. the trigger guard is always warped. i replaced mine with an aluminum one. a lot of them have warped or cracked ribs, although mine does not. i am the 2nd owner and i think the first owner barely shot it.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
Thanks guys. I know it *should* trigger the "ugly alarm" but I sort of liked the rail look... though based on feedback it doesn't seem worth the project.
Posted By: weagle Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
I never liked the original ribbed barrel version, but I like the Mohawk and 660 models. Timney makes triggers if you need / want one. There's a member here that sells aluminum trigger guards. I particularly like the looks of the 660's. I've owned a dozen of so and my current one is a 660 in 6mm. You can only kill critters so dead, so hunt with a rifle you enjoy owning.

Also if you don't like the ribbed barrel a 700 barrel is an easy swap and there are a blue million takeoffs out there.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
Willie Manning makes a great alloy replacement bottom metal unit for the 600/660s.

Willie goes by CVMW on this site.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Willie Manning makes a great alloy replacement bottom metal unit for the 600/660s.

Willie goes by CVMW on this site.

This one for the aluminum treatment.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: Teeder Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
I'd like to find one of those laminated stocks for my .35 Rem.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
35 Rem with big brother's. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: RickBin Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
There was a time when they were among the most sought after actions on which to build a LW rifle. I did so and still have that rifle, although it looks a little different now.

[Linked Image]

Picture taken circa 2004-ish

There are much better choices for a lightweight build (or buy) nowadays.
Posted By: JPro Re: Rem 600? - 03/16/22
I have a semi-custom 7mm-08 on a 660 action, which is basically the same thing. I only went that route because I killed my first deer with my father's 600 and I wanted a dogleg Remington of my own. We had a 660 with a tired barrel, so I decided to put it to use. A 700 is a better design.

This one wears a 700SS standard sporter tube that was cut to 20", a 700 SS recoil lug, a Holland 700 ADL guard, and a McMillan Edge M7KS pattern stock. My smith drilled and tapped the rear receiver bridge for a second screw and opened the rear tang for a 700 action screw. The rifle is fairly light, as I think it's around 5.7lbs before scope and mounts. It's wearing a 3-9x40 at the moment, but would be better with a 2-7x33. Shoots around MOA with 139gr Interlock factory loads, so that's usually what it gets.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: verns Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
I need a bolt for my 6mm Any got one ? Not a big priority now but maybe
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
Originally Posted by JPro
I have a semi-custom 7mm-08 on a 660 action, which is basically the same thing. I only went that route because I killed my first deer with my father's 600 and I wanted a dogleg Remington of my own. We had a 660 with a tired barrel, so I decided to put it to use. A 700 is a better design.

This one wears a 700SS standard sporter tube that was cut to 20", a 700 SS recoil lug, a Holland 700 ADL guard, and a McMillan Edge M7KS pattern stock. My smith drilled and tapped the rear receiver bridge for a second screw and opened the rear tang for a 700 action screw. The rifle is fairly light, as I think it's around 5.7lbs before scope and mounts. It's wearing a 3-9x40 at the moment, but would be better with a 2-7x33. Shoots around MOA with 139gr Interlock factory loads, so that's usually what it gets.

I really like this template and rifle. It checks off a lot of boxes.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
Pass the S/S Montucky and hold ALL The Fluff. BT/DT and have all the T-shirts. Hint...................
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
i did one in 300 savage with a Remington 722 barrel, it was a 600 in 308 win. super cool rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Bugger Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
I have had 600’s (or 660’s) when 600’s were not cool. I mostly had 308’s. I never had a 600 with the rib. But several chambering from a couple 22-250’s to a 350. Oh yeh, one 222 also.
I’m down to one 600 dang it. It’s a 350. It has a custom: barrel, floor plate, stock and trigger. The metal is Cerakoted and the Kevlar stock is painted.
If a person does not like a 600 there’s only one reason that I can see how that could possibly be - they never owned one.
I really wish I would have kept one of those 308’s! The price on the 600’s are pretty high now, I think. I sold the last 22-250 and the 222 a couple years ago. The 22-250 was stock except the trigger and the Douglas premium barrel - the only way I was to get the rifle I “needed” was to throw that sweet 22-250 rifle into the trade.
On my first elk hunt I carried a 600 Mohawk in 308.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
660 6ai, timney, talleys, McMillan, 22” hart, leupold, buck hammer. Just waiting for the “failures”. 👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Teeder Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
Originally Posted by Bugger

I really wish I would have kept one of those 308’s!

I may be selling a. 308 soon.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
I've had at least 1 600 or 660 for over 50 years and still have the first 1, a 660 in 6mm REM.

I current have 2 660s that are in their original specs, except for the CVMW bottom metal, the 6MM REM from 01/69 and a 308 from 07/69.

Also have a few parts guns:

600 Mohawk in 243 with CVMW bottom metal, Brown Precision stock, and a Remington 700 SPS 24" stainless barrel.
600 in 6 BR REM with Williams bottom metal, McM Mountain Rifle stock, and a Hart 25" stainless barrel.
600 in 260 with CVMW bottom metal, Richards Microfit stock, and an unknown 22" barrel. This rifle used to be a 22-250 with a 24" Remington barrel. I loaned it to a friend and he burned the throat out of the barrel on a pdog hunt in SD. The barrel got so hot that it scorched the stock's barrel channel. He bought 500 rounds of 40 grain Winchester factory ammo and apparently fired it about as fast as he could load the magazine, work the action, and sqeeze the trigger.
660 in 260 with Williams bottom metal, McM Mountain Rifle stock, and a Remington 700 MR 22" stainless barrel.
660 in 308 with CVMW bottom metal, McM old style Sako stock, and a Remington 700 SPS 24" stainless barrel.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Rem 600? - 03/17/22
Many years back I built a Swedish M38 6.5x55 into a pretty neat custom rifle. I'd just taken it out for final test firing before mounting a scope when I guy came up and said he just had to have that rifle. His offer was a bunch of Benjamins and a M600 Mohawk thrown in for good measure. I thought about it for about 30 seconds and made the deal.
Kind of sorry I got rid of the Mohawk though. I gave to to a 17 year old kid who'd hunting with me a few times but had always needed to borrow a rifle. Guess I took care of that problem. I do have an M660 that I've done a bit of custom work that I've used to take more than a few big Nevada Mule Deer. I made what was my very first long range shot on a nice 4 pointer my hunting partner had wounded and it was getting away. Took it down with one shot and when we paced it out, it was 426 paces. That was back in 1973. Love that 660. I wouldn't mind picking up another should the right one come around.
Paul B.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Originally Posted by Judman
660 6ai, timney, talleys, McMillan, 22” hart, leupold, buck hammer. Just waiting for the “failures”. 👊🏻

That's a slick rig, Jud. Y'all are making the decision a little harder...
Posted By: rc82bttb Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
I've got 3 600s and 1 660. I prefer barrel length and lack of rib on the 660. None of mine are going anywhere.
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22

I like this rig, very much - enough I could live with the Leupold whistle
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Originally Posted by hillestadj

I like this rig, very much - enough I could live with the Leupold whistle

Haha oh stop it!!😅
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm

That's a slick rig, Jud. Y'all are making the decision a little harder...

Pretty slick build, drug it all over wa, id, mt, and Alberta, hammered some big deer with it. Those 80’s@ 3650, don’t get shrugged off very easy. 👊🏻

Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
I reckon I've not built on a 600,in but a couple decades. Always "wondered" where you gals got "your" ideas?!? Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The blueprint is MUCH better in a MR contour,wearing a welded 700 handle and welded DD XP-100 chopped "rail". It'd be tough to poke a schittier chambering than a 243 Mouser AI,in a 2.815" magbox. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and pass the Montucky. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Tremendous blacktail stick. I have just one 600 in 7mm-08 and it needs some bolt repair, otherwise nice little rig. Chic Donnelly barrel.

Posted By: weagle Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
This thread inspired me to go pull the 6mm 660 I bought a few months back out of the closet and get a scope mounted. Might get to pop a coyote or pig during the off season.

I'll take a S/S Seven over a 6xx anything and I fhuqking HATE Seven's. Even with binderless magfed .670 BC 162gr 7-08 Smooches. Hint.

Or .697 BC 147gr Kreedmire Smooches. Hint.

Though I only have (1) extra 600 .473" bolt laying around. Hint.

There's simply nothing redeeming in a 6xx-Series. Hint.................
Big slit, oh oh, that’s right, the (1) time I called you and asked for build specs???!!! Haha you stupid bastard.

I can imagine you talking on the phone now, a hybrid of a chipmunk on crack, and the hamburgler. I hear you’re so nice via the phone too, you washed up lazy cab lizard bushelor you!! Haha 🖕🏿

PS, please hang a pic other than kelp fed beach buck kilt from a boat.
Crying Karen,

Use ALL of your Imagination,to Pretend that you do not greedily read my EVERY word and ogle EVERY Splendid Pixel...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You can almost use your own words and punctuation. Almost. You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
Originally Posted by sqweeler

Nice.

I'm on the lookout for a beater or just an action that I can use to put together a .358 win on maybe even a .35 Rem. I have a good take -off stock and will use one of CVMW's trigger guards. I have several Rem take-off barrels that I could send to Jes to re-bore.

I had a .35 Rem a few years back, but it was the early ribbed version which I don't particularly enjoy but of course it brought a pretty penny on trade. I'm thinking a 660ish configuration in a medium .35 would be out of the safe quite often.
Bacon throat, if this is “imagination and pretend “, I’ll gladly take another large helping….👍

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]images upload
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Originally Posted by weagle

Nice.

I'm on the lookout for a beater or just an action that I can use to put together a .358 win on maybe even a .35 Rem. I have a good take -off stock and will use one of CVMW's trigger guards. I have several Rem take-off barrels that I could send to Jes to re-bore.

I had a .35 Rem a few years back, but it was the early ribbed version which I don't particularly enjoy but of course it brought a pretty penny on trade. I'm thinking a 660ish configuration in a medium .35 would be out of the safe quite often.

Potentially having JES punch a 600 in 308 to 358 is what got me looking at it in the first place. A very compact, medium bore seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I mostly shoot deer, but a 225 TSX seems like it would stop most anything within the range I have any business shooting.
Originally Posted by weagle

Nice.

Potentially having JES punch a 600 in 308 to 358 is what got me looking at it in the first place. A very compact, medium bore seems like it would be a lot of fun to play with. I mostly shoot deer, but a 225 TSX seems like it would stop most anything within the range I have any business shooting.

Be a dandy. 👍
Crying Karen,

Use all the Imagination and Pretend you can muster,to quantify how many times a day you think about me,as you "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Admittedly,not everyone can afford a camera,as you extoll eloquently(that means pretty). Hint.

You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................
Hog neck, no one thinks more about you, than you…

Now silence, gettin texts and workin a deal on a triple deuce Mohawk.
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip,while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Embarrassingly,I can't even know what a Triple Deuce is,but it must be VERY "rewarding" for you to envision one,with your Imagination and Pretend. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Forced to surmise in regards to same,I'd venture a guess that the POS chambering,just might make a Fair to Middlin' .378" Donor. Mebbe even in a 7" RPM Hawk' chambered 223 SALAMI,MacaMillion,TT Flatty,yada,yada,yada...the usual. Especially,if/when throated for .545 BC's. Hint.

So this is a VERY big day for you,because now you can say you've "seen" one and show your "pards" my pictures! The noises you hear,are betwixt your crossed-eyes and is Reality colliding with your Fantasies,yet again. You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Posted By: erich Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
!966, I was stationed in Taiwan and had access to an unlimited supply of 5.56 55gr Ball ammo and told the cleck at the Ebassy gunshop I'd take the first 223 they could get their hands on. Low and behold it was the ugliest rifle I'd ever seen but it was a 223, I added a 4x Weaver, rings, scope and walked out the door either $69 or $89 lighter. I cant remember if the rifle was $69 and the scope was $20 more or if the whole package was $69. I was buying Rem 870 Wingmasters for $49 and Win 101's for $150.

Well before I ever fired the thing it went to the USAF armorer and he removed the rib, milled the studs off and rounded the forend to a nice shape. 55 years later the rifle has done yeoman work, on traplines, ADC work, calling predators and even won a club BR match, it doted on Herters primers, powder and bullets. Around 1995 the barrel had seen too many bullets down it and I rebarreled it to 6x45mm and it kept right on winning Egg Shoots and killing predators across the west. Mow it wears a synthetic stock aluminum trigger guard and PacNor SS barrel. It is one gun that will stay with me for a long time. I do have a Criterion 20P Remage barrel that could go on it in a pinch if I have to pare down the rifle numbers.

Pics if I get around to getting it out of the safe soon.

1967 was long before the internet and access to the information we have today. If I would have known How rare it was I might not have made it into a working rifle. Surprisingly they had gotten two into the shop and as far as I know today those were the only two that were sold to the public.
Big Slit, it’s a done deal. Speaking of “pards”, how’s the chance you can tell the www about your “Pards” killin moose sheep and caribou you lucky bitch!! Haha

Do you sit at home and cry knowing “pards” get to take full advantage of Alaska, while you sit on a [bleep] Indian reservation waving poms poms on the sidelines??

Fuucking laughing harder!!!! ….. you go hog neck!!

PS, don’t forget to clean your C pap machine nightly!! 👊🏻
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
My very first rifle my father bought me was a Rem600. I sold it when I was in college and needed the $. I have since bought a couple of them and have a few more in the safe for future builds. The 600 series has limitations as Stick mentioned but if your shooting factory ammo or load to those specifications, then a 600 works just fine. They also have some advantages as they are a light action. I have two builds one in 7mm-08 and one in 338Fed. They are 5 and 6 pounds respectfully with McMillan stocks and Timney triggers. While it looks weird, the dogleg bolt is really nice as it lays close to the stock and does not get accidently bumped open or grabbed by clothes.

The biggest PITA is the bottom metal. It is horrible plastic from the factory. Metal ones are available but if you buy a McMillan stock, neither will work. You can use a 700 ADL triggerguard but it must be reversed and ONLY the rear screw gets used. If anyone has a better solution PLEASE let me know!
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip(s),while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

New wares arrive with great regularity here,seemingly falling out of the sky. Mail is looking dicey for Today,but I reckon sumptin' new is enroute. Use your Imagination to Pretend you won't be reading EVERY word I quip about it,while gawking The Splendid Pixels. This one is almost a week old. Almost. Google as you MUST,plagiarize as you do. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

'elrr,

The Montucky is a VASTLY superior solution,from any/all angles. Hint.

Hell,one in "lowly" 6BR,trumps a 243 Mouser AI in a 600. If only because I simply shoot it all and then some and more than a few on the same day. Hint.

Karen couldn't even pick same out of the crowd. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............
Originally Posted by erich
!966, I was stationed in Taiwan and had access to an unlimited supply of 5.56 55gr Ball ammo and told the cleck at the Ebassy gunshop I'd take the first 223 they could get their hands on. Low and behold it was the ugliest rifle I'd ever seen but it was a 223, I added a 4x Weaver, rings, scope and walked out the door either $69 or $89 lighter. I cant remember if the rifle was $69 and the scope was $20 more or if the whole package was $69. I was buying Rem 870 Wingmasters for $49 and Win 101's for $150.

Well before I ever fired the thing it went to the USAF armorer and he removed the rib, milled the studs off and rounded the forend to a nice shape. 55 years later the rifle has done yeoman work, on traplines, ADC work, calling predators and even won a club BR match, it doted on Herters primers, powder and bullets. Around 1995 the barrel had seen too many bullets down it and I rebarreled it to 6x45mm and it kept right on winning Egg Shoots and killing predators across the west. Mow it wears a synthetic stock aluminum trigger guard and PacNor SS barrel. It is one gun that will stay with me for a long time. I do have a Criterion 20P Remage barrel that could go on it in a pinch if I have to pare down the rifle numbers.

Pics if I get around to getting it out of the safe soon.

1967 was long before the internet and access to the information we have today. If I would have known How rare it was I might not have made it into a working rifle. Surprisingly they had gotten two into the shop and as far as I know today those were the only two that were sold to the public.

I always wondered why the .223 was such a limited run. It was always more popular than the 222 and as the 600 series was one of Remington's econo offerings, you would think that they would have stuck to the most popular chamberings.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip(s),while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

New wares arrive with great regularity here,seemingly falling out of the sky. Mail is looking dicey for Today,but I reckon sumptin' new is enroute. Use your Imagination to Pretend you won't be reading EVERY word I quip about it,while gawking The Splendid Pixels. This one is almost a week old. Almost. Google as you MUST,plagiarize as you do. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

'elrr,

The Montucky is a VASTLY superior solution,from any/all angles. Hint.

Hell,one in "lowly" 6BR,trumps a 243 Mouser AI in a 600. If only because I simply shoot it all and then some and more than a few on the same day. Hint.

Karen couldn't even pick same out of the crowd. Hint.

Big Slit, very impressive!! Only thing is, this is the “hunting rifles” sub forum. Please show some pics of some hunting rifles that have made meat, in, oh say the last 20 years… 🤣
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload images url

Mag constraints and throating really really fuucked me here!!! 👊🏻
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches. Hint.

Bacon throat!! Diggin the “fishing rifles” and dark river slug a mile from salt!! Haha you poor fuucking dummy!!!

Yet another example of coal, mag constraints, rpm flat fuucked me!!! Haha 👊🏻Hell ya!!

Diggin that glass too hog neck!! Haha
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Posted By: AKduck Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches. Hint.

I recognize that rifle😀 Hows she shoot?
The scope is KILLING performance,but it's funnier than fhuqk! Hint.(grin)

It is a fhuqking hammer,like my other,with Lapooey brass,400's,Lever' and 'Burner Smooches. GrandyBabying around today and think I'll chop it to 19",like I did my other,before I rebarreled it. Thought I had another NIB Illuminatti running around,but I've not opened all the parcels nor dug very deep. Hint.

I've (3) 22 PPC AFI turnbolts and more than that in Krunchenticker and just might continue to roll this,until the CM tube pukes. Given this pass's weather,it might not take very fhuqking long. Hint.(grin)

Keep in mind...if it goes "Bang!",I'm likely interested. Hint...................
Big Slit!! Here’s what fish should look like. Haha

Forgot my “rifle” as I was fishing.

Rpm, mag constraints, coal and smooches again, fuucked me. 👍
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday was a slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. Hint.

How come pictures are fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

Bacon throat!! Your blabbing about shiit that don’t matter like usual. It’s very fascinating that you catch fish in Alaska of all places!! Haha

Maybe you can school me up on 140 Berger’s?? Another time coal, rpm, mag constraints and smooches fuucked me!!! Haha
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday,was slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Boogers are too zooky for my tastes,but Pavement Pounders swoon 'em,for Fence Hoppin' "Adventures". Hint.

Posted By: AKduck Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Stick- will do. Sold it chasing a pair of Kimbers. Let me know how the coating holds up. Local guy opened up and the Howa was a test before I send him more work.
Big Slit, Alaska ain’t expensive, Hawaii is expensive!! Pardon my imagination and pretend has taken me there 20 or more times!! That livin on the Rez being a worthless tramp is rough duty!!

There, tell your Pards at man camp you have a pard that hunts pigs with a knife, dale howe custom with a kuilla handle. “Google” thst too so you really can act like you were there, like the bullet reports. 👍👊🏻
'duck,

I haven't REALLY rallied on it yet and it's showing the typical Road Rash of Shucking Shells,around the exhaust port. Found a NIB Illuminatti and KNEW I fhuqking had one somewhere. Will goop 'er up and make it Daybreak Ready. Hint.

They need to make these bitches in S/S,for folks who actually fhuqking shoot! Hint....................(grin)
Crying Karen,

Pardon the interlude(that means folks were ignoring you),the men were talkin',as you unleashed yet another High Pitched Nasal Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hawaii ain't for me,as I'm partial to English and I reckon you are too,as often as you emulate(that means plagiarize)(which means copy) mine. Perhaps punctuate more? Ooooooopsie!...too late! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Unfortunately,Google ain't my gig and admittedly,I've never heard of said Metalwork. Purty "mean" of you to "tease" me about that too,as you "live" vicariously and "ruggedly". Then you "teased" me about scopes too. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year too. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

Big Slit!! You gonna bitch yourself to death today you hard chargin bacon throat you??!!! Haha

You’re right Hawaii sure isn’t for everyone, especially fat necked cuunts that couldn’t breath on a 6 hour flight!!! Haha

What language they speak on the rez?? Klinkit?? Haha
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday,was slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

What camera/lens "system" do you use? A Pinhole and dirty Coke bottle? Pardon the poignant profundity of my Lexicon consuming your every thought and "move",as you Whine aloud in glorious fashion. It must be VERY "rewarding" for you,to recount years of "Adventures" and we simply call it "Wednesday and Thursday of this week". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year too. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so awesome? Hint.

Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
Originally Posted by himmelrr
My very first rifle my father bought me was a Rem600. I sold it when I was in college and needed the $. I have since bought a couple of them and have a few more in the safe for future builds. The 600 series has limitations as Stick mentioned but if your shooting factory ammo or load to those specifications, then a 600 works just fine. They also have some advantages as they are a light action. I have two builds one in 7mm-08 and one in 338Fed. They are 5 and 6 pounds respectfully with McMillan stocks and Timney triggers. While it looks weird, the dogleg bolt is really nice as it lays close to the stock and does not get accidently bumped open or grabbed by clothes.

The biggest PITA is the bottom metal. It is horrible plastic from the factory. Metal ones are available but if you buy a McMillan stock, neither will work. You can use a 700 ADL triggerguard but it must be reversed and ONLY the rear screw gets used. If anyone has a better solution PLEASE let me know!

I just inletted my 3 McM stocks for the CVMW bottom metal.
Big Slit!!! Perhaps you should quit thinking about yourself so much, your past life tragedies, continue to haunt you is see. Keep your chin up, it’s only gonna get worse, but you know that… shoulda coulda woulda, now your fuucked, as are other that don’t know how to behave… haha

Crying Karen,

Perhaps quantify how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same,as you profess the exact opposite...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Few things funnier,than a Heel Nipping Lap Dog and her GoogleFu. You Woke Melting Snowflakes are a "rugged" lot. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

How come my pictures are so awesome? Hint.

Big Slit!!! Might advise her to quit stalking, and requesting my friendship!!! Haha

Why are my trail cam pics so awesome??? !!!! 👊🏻

Haha your turn hog neck!!!
Oh you gonna post a 600/660 pic newer than 20 years old, or ya gonna continue to bitch and moan?? 😅
Oooops, why are my pics soooooo awesome??? Haha

Posted By: JimH Re: Rem 600? - 03/18/22
My 600 Mohawk,23" x caliber 6X45, 1-8 ss bbl.,Mcmillan stock and Timney trigger,Sako extractor and 700 bolt handle.

Attached picture 51137562192_7fa13afb5e_c (1).jpg
Attached picture 51139342030_65756b80ec_w (1).jpg
Thanks to this thread I got this one coming from Alaska.. 2.5-8 leupold and I’ll leave as is.

Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Got a Mohawk 600 in 243win that i inherited. Shoots ok and and kills stuff just fine, but there are clearly better options unless yours has sentimental value.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Thanks to this thread I got this one coming from Alaska.. 2.5-8 leupold and I’ll leave as is.

Appreciate the advice coming from both directions on these... but for the price, in the end, I just couldn't help myself. It'll make a good, new refinishing project for the summer.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Boogers are too zooky for my tastes,but Pavement Pounders swoon 'em,for Fence Hoppin' "Adventures". Hint.

Cool picture! Wet rifle and a fish! Never saw that before.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22

Appreciate the advice coming from both directions on these... but for the price, in the end, I just couldn't help myself. It'll make a good, new refinishing project for the summer.

It’s all about cool factor. Fuuck turrets, throating, coal blah blah fuucking blah.. huntin is waaaaay cooler than shootin.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Montucky 8" RPM 18" Bart' 6x45,for 105's expressly. Hint.

Pardon my shooting it all and then some. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Where is the fuqing fish?
Rickety,

My apologies,as I know how you Whining CLUELESS Texans gotta "live" vicariously and are glued to my EVERY word and EVERY Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Nearly forgot a Rifle update too. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best though.

Hint.

Posted By: Raferman Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Stick made that fish famous showing it over and over.
Rickety,

My apologies,as I know how you Whining CLUELESS Texans gotta "live" vicariously and are glued to my EVERY word and EVERY Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best though.

Hint.

Outstanding that is a good picture! In Washington state you had to throw anything back longer than 28 inches and they were all longer than 28 inches.
Originally Posted by Raferman
Stick made that fish famous showing it over and over.

No schit and it made him famous!
Jesus Christ bacon throat, rem 600/660 and “hunting rifle” sub forum. Post em up or shut your fuucking cock holster you couch bound fuucking puke… 👍👊🏻
Posted By: Jericho Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Judman, what caliber is the rifle you have incoming?
You gals certainly are a "rugged" lot and that High Pitched Nasal Whine,sure is fhuqking soothin'. Perhaps you gals should duel for The Tiara and come clean,on who thinks of me the most frequently and with the greatest durations...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Bonus Points always awarded for Emoji's and extry punctuation. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
222 rem. Been after one for a while, John did me right, we’re both happy. 👍
Speaking of “gals”, you tired of rubbin one out yet? That dr $$$ surely you got poon beatin down your door????!!!!!!

Naw, not even Alaska women wanna be treated like a piece of shiit. Haha
Oooopsie, the bidness card cuunt with go into a tailspin now…

Top it sugar tits… haha
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Judman - I'm pretty jelly about the .222, always wanted one (even if they're for stupid dummies). Just been too Jewy when I've run across decent examples.
Ya couple folks I know own em, 1, a pards Ol lady inherited from her dad, rifle has killed more bucks than ehd. Buck meat was the only thing he ate.

First thing I’m gonna do, find coal, smooch, and rock on!! Haha

Not really, I’ll mount a scope with big turrets,”so when I see people they think I’m real serious “, and tape the muzzle!!! Oh and put loktite on all the screws so it looks really dumb!!! Haha

Ok, I’ll buy some model 7 talleys, have the rear bridge tapped for a second hole, 2-8 leupold, and go do gods work. Then I’ll go hurt shiit, while Big Slit and his no killin referees whine and cry . 🤣👊🏻
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Got a Mohawk 600 in 243win that i inherited. Shoots ok and and kills stuff just fine, but there are clearly better options unless yours has sentimental value.

Just curious, but what do you find deficient in your 600 Mohawk, given that the newest 600 Mohawk is over 40 years old and was a chain store entry level rifle?

Technology, manufacturing, and consumer demands change over the course of 40 years.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
My wife bought me one a while back, she heard of some guns a local guy was selling and knew I was looking for a 308, this 600 was his only 308. He wanted $300 and threw in 4 boxes factory ammo. My birthday was the next week, sure was happy when she handed it to me!
Crying Karen,

That's a VERY "impressive" number of exceptionally WELL founded Insecurities and Homoerotic Fantasies,conjoined with Mechanical Dumbfhuqktitude,as you hit The Drooltard Trifecta...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!?

Oh just stop it liar Larry, you ain’t catchin 1000 salmonids yearly anymore. From the looks of it you’ll get vapor locked just rollin outta bed anymore. 🤣👊🏻

Why are my pics so fuucking awesome?? Haha
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
My wife bought me one a while back, she heard of some guns a local guy was selling and knew I was looking for a 308, this 600 was his only 308. He wanted $300 and threw in 4 boxes factory ammo. My birthday was the next week, sure was happy when she handed it to me!

Damn nice score. 👍
Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I reckon it stings more than a smidge,that I beat you to the 600 by decades,same goes blades,multiple chamberings,glass,boolits,words,punctuation,pics and the whole myriad. At least you can follow my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,if only because it's your ONLY "move". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. HINT.

How come my pictures are so AWESOME?!?

Fhuqking LAUGING!.....................
Big Slit!! As you can tell, coal, rpm, mag constraints are very important to me!! 😘

Very interesting you think folks always think about you, but yet you keep coming back to this thread, first thing in the morning. I love it, makes me feel valued. 👍 haha
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Neat looking rifle there Hunts. What’s it chambered for?
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
deuce
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
I like your stock, what kind and what color?

For around 30 years my primary coyote rifle was a 660 in 222, but I wanted a lower maintenance option, so I replaced it with a 7 in 223. Kinda miss the dogleg bolt handle, but that seems to be one those love it or hate it sort of things. Kinda miss the 22-250 that my buddy burned up shooting pdogs on the Rosebud.
Posted By: bigJ Re: Rem 600? - 03/19/22
Here is a “lightweight” I put together on the cheap. Should have kept it, maybe next time. I have reworked a handful over the years, some simple remodels, some more extensive reworks, but this blueprint is the best compromise and the way to use them these days. Last couple I just did a minor action remodels and sold them as actions.

Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Rem 600? - 03/20/22
jeff, mine is in a HS Presicion stock. I picked it up before they quit making them. Was never happy with the chitty factory paint on it, so repainted with krylon khaki and black web....

Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/20/22
Big Slit!! As you can tell, coal, rpm, mag constraints are very important to me!! 😘

Very interesting you think folks always think about you, but yet you keep coming back to this thread, first thing in the morning. I love it, makes me feel valued. 👍 haha

Crying Karen,

"Sorry" for beating you to this Thread,along with all your other shortcomings...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I reckon it stings more than a smidge,that I beat you to the 600 by decades,same goes blades,multiple chamberings,glass,boolits,words,punctuation,pics and the whole myriad. At least you can follow my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,if only because it's your ONLY "move". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. HINT.

Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Rem 600? - 03/20/22
Thanks for your reply. I'm not a fan of HS Precision stocks, too thick through the pistol grip and I've got pretty big hands, but I am a fan of Khaki with black webbing, its a good look.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/20/22
Hog neck, perhaps you should’ve taken more time for your family instead of being the cool guy for the flat bill no killin flatlanders… “obviously “😂

Are you goin to post 600/660 pics or continue to bitch and moan like a little cry baby cuunt??? Haha

The howa pics are very impressive!! I’d rather get fuucked in the ass than run a howa … Pards be cuttin checks!!! Haha
Crying Karen,

"Sorry" for beating you to this Thread,along with all your other shortcomings and my having built/bought/shot/got The World's Most Legendary 600...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In fairness,I haven't received a NIB 600 since yesterday late afternoon. Nor NIB glass and rings. I'm thinkin' I saw one of those MacaMillion stocks in the corner to boot. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Big Slit!! Diggin on that new 600 action! Haha

Another example of coal, throat geometry, mag constraints, and rpm flat fuucked me last year!!! Haha

I just can’t help it!! Haha 6.5-300 Wby I hadn’t shot in 4 years. Damn leupolds anyway!! 😂😂
Crying Karen,

The newest 600's are VASTLY superior to the original,not that you have the faculties to "understand"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Big Slit!!! Sorry fo my ability to “get by” with anything I put my paws on, it surely ain’t for everyone, and makes jealous cuunts green with envy… 👊🏻

Another prime example here, hadn’t fired this one in 2 years… 😂😅

Appreciate the cut n paste. Haha

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]unique j boy names
Crying Karen,

The newest 600's are VASTLY superior to the original,not that you have the faculties to "understand"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Big Slit!! Remember cut n paste is what dummy’s do when their outta info and are in fact just done. Do appreciate the attention and living absolutely rent free in your shovel head!! Haha 👊🏻
Crying Karen,

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Big Slit!! Keep this cut n paste up, I’ll start charging rent!! Haha

Another instance where rpm, coal, mag constraints, throat geometry blah blah blah fuucked me!!! Haha 👊🏻

Crying Karen,

Big Slit!! Thanks for swapping out pics at least, still diggin the cut n paste, it shows how much you care about me. 👊🏻

Here is yet another time, coal, throat geometry, rpm snd mag constraints fuucked me!! Wasn’t even my rifle, abolt 7mag huskemaw yada yada yada. Hawian black on Kona. Google that, it’s in Hawaii, hint

I hear Hawaii is expensive, sure ain’t for everyone, that’s for sure. 👍😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]web picture hosting
Crying Karen,

Posted By: goalie Re: Rem 600? - 03/20/22
Hawian black on Kona. Google that, it’s in Hawaii, hint

Where on the Big Island? Up by the Parker Ranch, or down south?

Inlaws have a condo in Kona on Alii Drive.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Bacon throat, another example of rpm, mag constraints, coal, yada yada yada flat fuucking me!!!

This is to piggy back on the splendid bull bugling pic posted earlier. Unlike you, I get to kill shiit I get pics of, not the arctic refuge where critters get hand fed by the slope tramps. But you knew that you sneaky little guy you!! 😘 anyhow, from buglin on my trail cam, to the freezer! 👊🏻

PS, why are my pics so awesome??
Originally Posted by goalie

Mauna Kea, good time goalie, love huntin the islands.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
I know they aren't, but after just watching The Sting, part of me hopes Stick and Jud are actually the same person pulling a con.
Posted By: goalie Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22

I was kinda bummed that my Ironman times were always too slow to qualify for Kona. I've done the swim from the pier and the run course goes by the condo.

I've got a decent scar on my L hand. The dog/knife pig hunting isn't a joke. I prefer the spear method in Panama.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Crying Karen,

I was kinda bummed that my Ironman times were always too slow to qualify for Kona. I've done the swim from the pier and the run course goes by the condo.

I've got a decent scar on my L hand. The dog/knife pig hunting isn't a joke. I prefer the spear method in Panama.

Ya my Kauai boys boys are ready to hammer some pigs when we get down there in august. Bout as much fun as a guy can have with his cloths on! Haha
Hog neck!!! Makes me warm and fuzzy that you’re taking the time to do a tutorial for me, along with the cut n paste. Here’s another time coal, mag constraints, rpm and throat dimensions really [bleep] me!!! Haha 88’ 358 win, 200 silver tips, 286” gross there. 😘👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]lightshot

PS, why are my pics so awesome???
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Crying Karen,

[img][img]https://i.postimg.cc/9FhfMzXB/still-an-[bleep].jpg[/img][/img]
Crying Karen,

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. The look of bewilderment,from your masked "escape" from the fence,is Priceless. HINT.

Posted By: rickt300 Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Crying Karen,

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. The look of bewilderment,from your masked "escape" from the fence,is Priceless. HINT.

Rickety,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even someone like you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist and the newest 600 is coming along nicely. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

I'm thinking these new 600's Post Big Green Transition,are rather fine. Hint...............

Bacon throat!!! I appreciate you running right to this thread first thing every morning!! Suck a GREAT tutorial!! 👍😘

Yet another example of coal, rpm, mag constraints, and throat geometry fuucked me, yet again. The famous 257 Wby there. Xoxoxoxo
Crying Karen,

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. The look of bewilderment,from your masked "escape" from the fence,is Priceless. Looks purty blue there. HINT.

Bacon throat!! Is this the “vastly “ superior 600 you speak of? Never seen one before.. haha I’m actually partial to the 600/660 configuration, as I do like the bolt handles the no killin whinny bitches complain about.

How come my pictures are so awesome??? 👊🏻
Crying Karen,

Do NOT "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Nobody sucks an ass,better than you. The look of bewilderment,from your masked "escape" from the fence,is Priceless. Looks purty blue there. HINT.

Posted By: David_Walter Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Stick,

Where are you getting "the new ones?" and is the way to tell that SN on the new ones have "RAR" as in your photo?
David,

I never was nor ever will be,a Serial Number Guy...but it was sold as an action and weren't on a new Donor(though they are Skookum too). "RAR" still cracks me up and I'm glad someone caught it. Hint..................(grin)
Big Slit!!! Appreciate the tutorial once again, mounted a scope before. Haha

Here what happens when a guy actually scouts and hunts, it’s certainly not for everyone obviously. Just so happens to be the biggest muzzle loader Rosie killed in the state, in top 10. 👊🏻👍

Got more pics, suffice it to say, I was pretty fuucking excited when he showed up. Wasn’t too excited when he disappeared for a month, all through a 2 week otc archery season…

Why are my pics so awesome?? Xoxoxoxo
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Ruger American Remington?

Who'd a thunk it?
Crying Karen,

David,

The "RAR" adds a little panache. Hint.

Crying Karen,that means "spiced embellishment". Hint.

Posted By: Fotis Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Hog neck!!! Makes me warm and fuzzy that you’re taking the time to do a tutorial for me, along with the cut n paste. Here’s another time coal, mag constraints, rpm and throat dimensions really [bleep] me!!! Haha 88’ 358 win, 200 silver tips, 286” gross there. 😘👊🏻

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]lightshot

PS, why are my pics so awesome???

Jud..... No way you could have pulled off that shot not with a crappy BC the 200 silver tips have 😂😂😂
Pard and I jumped him in a alder thicket, he was solo. I could hear him headed towards a little clearcut which was his mistake, I caught him goin out the other side in the Nick of time. Running through waist deep ferns and briars in the rain sure is fun. 😂 358 sure gets their attention. 👍 bacon throat, notice the big turrets and taped muzzle? 😘😅 xoxoxoxo
Big Slit, no one is crying, no one imitating anyone. People are laughing about a stupid cuunt that’s hung 1 pic of op’s original question however. I appreciate the time you’re taking taking/posting pics of shiit no one has asked about though!! Haha 👊🏻
Crying Karen,

Big Slit, you’re doin soooo great! 👍

How many days til your next hitch?
Never would've imagined 8 pages and 8k views for this this one! Heard back from JES... can't rebore the rib rail model, so it'll get rehabbed and stay a 308 for now.
Never would've imagined 8 pages and 8k views for this this one! Heard back from JES... can't rebore the rib rail model, so it'll get rehabbed and stay a 308 for now.

Haha no shiit!

You just gonna run er like she is then?
I think there’s a guy here that sells a replacement floor plate/trigger guard I need to find. I just went adl on the 660 6ai, gonna leave the tripe deuce the way she is, except have the rear bridge drilled and tapped to run M 7 talleys like my 660.
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
I think there’s a guy here that sells a replacement floor plate/trigger guard I need to find. I just went adl on the 660 6ai, gonna leave the tripe deuce the way she is, except have the rear bridge drilled and tapped to run M 7 talleys like my 660.

Jud,
There is a guy - he posts in the classifieds and bumps up his thread pretty regular. He makes those down in S. Oregon I believe, have one on my .308 and its nicely done and price was decent.

Link:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...emington-600-mohawk-600-660#Post16707936
There we go, thank you frank! I’ll order one up. 👍
Crying Karen,

Posted By: Raferman Re: Rem 600? - 03/21/22
Gold krylon only for real ninjas.

Haha no shiit!

Jud - I've already ordered an aluminum bottom metal kid from Willie. I'm also planning to replace the plastic rail with an aluminum kit. Then I'll strip the stock, bed and float (might toy with a full channel bed this time), jewel the bolt, and cut a new recoil pad. So it'll still look like a 600, but hopefully like a brand new one when I'm done.
ReeferLady,

It's plum soothin',when you CLUELESS Melting Snowflakes hit the High Note of your Whine,in harmony...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Haha no shiit!

Jud - I've already ordered an aluminum bottom metal kid from Willie. I'm also planning to replace the plastic rail with an aluminum kit. Then I'll strip the stock, bed and float (might toy with a full channel bed this time), jewel the bolt, and cut a new recoil pad. So it'll still look like a 600, but hopefully like a brand new one when I'm done.

Got a link for the aluminum rib?? Sounds like your on the right track. 👍
ReeferLady,

It's plum soothin',when you CLUELESS Melting Snowflakes hit the High Note of your Whine,in harmony...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The whinning snoopy sloppy cuunt, hunters are talkin, sit back and listen… hint

Don’t worry I’ll be rubbing your fat fuucking nose in 600 triple deuce pics before you know it. But hey, I hear your soooo cool on the phone!!!! Haha fuuck if I had to call you for advice, I’d suck start a pistola…. Just shows how many dsmf’s are actually here.. remember, the members you hate, until they suck your ass??? 😂😂

PS, why are my pics so awesome?? 👊🏻
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
I had a 600 with 22' douglas barrel , brown precision stock, ADL trigger guard and a 3-9x Leupold that weighed 6 lbs. 12oz. ready to hunt in .257 Roberts. Mag was cramped , and it really only liked lighter than desired bullets. I wound up selling it back to the guy I bought it from . A mohawk with a decent Mountain rifle contour barrel might be nice after you take some sand paper to the stock and find someway to put a decent rail on top of it. Caliber selection is more limited than appears because of the mag box though.......
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22

Haha no shiit!

Got a link for the aluminum rib?? Sounds like your on the right track. 👍

Sure. Willie (makes the bottom metal) thought the aluminum option would match best with his work.

https://heritage-arms.com/product/ventilated-rib/?attribute_finish=Aluminum-Black+Anodized
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Hell ya!👊🏻 Thank ya sir!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Crying Karen,

Bacon throat!! I can hear your gargling from here!! 🤣

Oooopsie, sorry got dates mixed up!! Maybe you and your referees that think you’re so handy and cool will chime in? Haha 😂😂

Crying Karen,

Posted By: Seafire Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Crying Karen,

did you buy that bottom Kimber off someone name LeRoy in a Ghetto Alley there Stumpy....

or is that another one of your camo Jobs with your teenaged daughter's left over nail polish....

sure she's pretty much grown up at this age... so you either must by using old stock nail polish, or buying your own now...

ought to be funny to hear you explaining that when you buy it, or do you avoid that by buying in on line, and just getting in a nice discrete package, with your other sex toy orders? It sure ain't easy being Schtick....Give'em hell Stumpy.....

best entertainment value on the entire www....
Shefire,

Like YOU could "afford" a Montana...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" with your Manic Homoerotic Fantasies. The 600 is coming along nicely. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for Trying.

Hint.

In the top pic, is the stuff (nail polish, not sure?) on the scope tube being used to seal moisture out of the space between the rings and the tube?
I've seen a light adhesive such as Nail Polish,do a rather good job of retaining fasteners and offering a visual tell of an issue,regarding same. Hell...I've probably long been hip on the notion. Hint.

Now as to the tube proper,on a beloved Reupold 30mm M1 4.5-14x,it is to grant opportunity to said scope to grant something useful. Reupold RULES! Hint.

In fairness however,the 600 is coming along nicely. Hint.

I've seen a light adhesive such as Nail Polish,do a rather good job of retaining fasteners and offering a visual tell of an issue,regarding same. Hell...I've probably long been hip on the notion. Hint.

Now as to the tube proper,on a beloved Reupold 30mm M1 4.5-14x,it is to grant opportunity to said scope to grant something useful. Reupold RULES! Hint.

In fairness however,the 600 is coming along nicely. Hint.

10-4. Thanks.
In looking at 600s and 660s on Gunbroker and GunsInternational, if they're actually selling for these prices (not sure), I think I essentially stole mine. Are these really considered this collectible or are people just over-pricing them because of the current craze for all things "vintage" Remington?
Posted By: weagle Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
In looking at 600s and 660s on Gunbroker and GunsInternational, if they're actually selling for these prices (not sure), I think I essentially stole mine. Are these really considered this collectible or are people just over-pricing them because of the current craze for all things "vintage" Remington?

Yep. A beater / parts rifle will bring $400 and the nice ones are $650-$1350 depending on chambering.
A small sample of recent auctions:

The "only" troubles with the 6xx-Series is the triggers(worst fire control unit Remmie ever made),the schitty stock design,the plastic bottoms,plastic tops and bolt handle. As mentioned prior,a Seven CRUSHES 'em. Hint.

These new ones are VASTLY superior. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Hog neck!!! Rollin into town with my pard!! I love you’re drawn to this thread like flies to shiit!! 👍

Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I reckon it stings more than a smidge,that I beat you to the 600 by decades,same goes blades,multiple chamberings,glass,boolits,words,punctuation,pics and the whole myriad,along with this very Thread. At least you can follow my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,if only because it's your ONLY "move". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Posted By: 1minute Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Have a 6mm dating to about 1963 that's been a fine accurate rifle. Cookie took it away from me for use on pronghorn and mule deer. Good unit with an excellent trigger. Cost me $99.99 as a high school kid. First new in box purchase for me from Clark Brother's Gun shop near Warrenton, Va. Good times indeed.
The less one "knows","sees" or "does",the "better" everything is. A 6mm Rem so configured,can't begin to keep pace with a 20" Montana in 6BR. Pardon my owning both. Hint.

These new 600's now,they've got it going on. Hint.

Big Slit!! Only keeping up you need to worry about is gettin off the keyboard outta your truck and actually huntin. This is the “hunting rifles “ sub forum btw, not the “gunsmith “ you stupid cuunt👊🏻

Wood/blue pouring down rain,243 forester, federal blue box yada yada yada….. shiit is really hard. 😘

I can see why you need all the “advantages “ you can muster you Ol pavement poundin cab lizard you!! 😂😂

Crying Karen,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I reckon it stings more than a smidge,that I beat you to the 600 by decades,same goes blades,multiple chamberings,glass,boolits,words,punctuation,pics and the whole myriad,along with this very Thread. At least you can follow my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,if only because it's your ONLY "move". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Big Slit!!! Whatcha got that slap that rifle around!!?? Haha best bang for the buck right there for gettin groceries, $300 rifle, cheap to shoot, buuuuuut, a guy has to peal his cuunt from the keyboard! 👊🏻

Cab lizards need not apply. Hint 😂

Crying Karen,

How come my pictures are so AWESOME?!? In "fairness" "peel" is a VERY Big Word(for you). Perhaps more Emoji's and punctuation?!?

Hint.

Big Slit!!! Here ya go, whatcha got that’ll slap it around??? 😂😂

Peel, peal, peel, peal, you get the idea sugar tits. On your next “hitch” you can tell the “pards”, you have a “pard “ that kills big bull elk with a musket!! Haha 👊🏻
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Seems like there's a bit of a romance blossoming between Big Stick and Judman.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Seems like there's a bit of a romance blossoming between Big Stick and Judman.

Nah the divorce has been final for years, the alimony is what keeps em going.
Posted By: Riflehunter Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Which one was the passive one...Big Sick?
Don't be too hard on her,you "mean" bitches. I only control her thoughts 24/7,along with her every word,key strike and "brazen" attempt to quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. I'm VERY fhuqking "surprised" that a Heel Nipping Lap Dog horns you CLUELESS Kchunts up. Hint.

Posted By: rickt300 Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22

It was never disclosed.

Definitely. She rolls outta bed and checks this thread every morning. Rent free!! 👊🏻

Now if we could big Slit to post some pics of his new Ol lady, or killin pics that weren’t over 15 years old, we’d really be loggin!! 😘 xoxoxoxo
Posted By: goalie Re: Rem 600? - 03/22/22
Don't be too hard on her,you "mean" bitches. I only control her thoughts 24/7,along with her every word,key strike and "brazen" attempt to quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. I'm VERY fhuqking "surprised" that a Heel Nipping Lap Dog horns you CLUELESS Kchunts up. Hint.

Imitation would involve a lot more pictures inside, with nail polish, and less dead critter pics from this century.
Posted By: Stevens223 Re: Rem 600? - 03/23/22
No words of wisdom here. Just a pic of my Mohawk 600 in 308, sporting a Bishop full length stock and aluminum trigger guard purchased from the gentlemen on this site.
I don't hunt this rifle but shoot it every so often for my deceased brother who gifted it to me.

Attached picture 40BF1B5D-1887-424A-9904-6A1A3D470150.jpeg
Posted By: JRaw Re: Rem 600? - 03/23/22
Anyone have a recommendation for a scope and mounts for vent rib model 308. I don’t want to remove the rear sight, so the scope can’t be too long. I don’t have to have super low mounts. Use is East coast deer to 300y. Budget is a concern.
Posted By: Mohawk Re: Rem 600? - 03/23/22
Mine does not have a vent rib but I like the Leupold DD mounts - low with a 2-7X32 variable scope. My scope is a Nikon Monarch. Smaller scopes work better in my opinion on the 600's
Posted By: weagle Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
Originally Posted by Stevens223
No words of wisdom here. Just a pic of my Mohawk 600 in 308, sporting a Bishop full length stock and aluminum trigger guard purchased from the gentlemen on this site.
I don't hunt this rifle but shoot it every so often for my deceased brother who gifted it to me.

Nice. I love full length stocks.
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
Originally Posted by JRaw
Anyone have a recommendation for a scope and mounts for vent rib model 308. I don’t want to remove the rear sight, so the scope can’t be too long. I don’t have to have super low mounts. Use is East coast deer to 300y. Budget is a concern.

A Leupold or your preferred scope maker in 1.5-4x or 2-7.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
Originally Posted by Stevens223

Was the full length stock a custom order?
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
2.5-8 leupold is perfect on a 600/660. I’ll find another for the triple deuce. 👍

Posted By: cervus Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
Soo are there any companys still making synthetic stocks for mohawk/600????
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
McMillan did in the past and but I have not ordered on in years. Richards "Microfit" stocks does with wood and laminates.
Originally Posted by cervus
Soo are there any companys still making synthetic stocks for mohawk/600????

I honestly don’t know, ordered that one 12-15 years ago
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 03/24/22
From what I've been turning up, a synthetic is gonna be harder than a walnut or laminate. I would *love* to find a full-length style like the one above, but it doesn't look like Bishop is carrying them anymore (if they ever did minus a custom order). The rib rail + a mannlicher style stock would look pretty darn cool.
Found a pic of mine after I first got it, 3-9 leupold, and as a 243. Laying on a “if matched” 160” Idaho whitetail shed, just jumped about 20 head of elk in thick shiit, followed em a bit and turned up that shed. Anyhow as you can see a smaller scope fits a lot better. IMO

Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 04/01/22
At the risk of rekindling... my 600 arrived today. Man are these handy. I hadn't really thought through how compact it would be... length of a lever gun but much nicer formed and stock fit.

I already want another one in 243 lol.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 04/01/22
Hell ya! Thanks to this thread I was able to get another one from a member here, “thanks John “, arrived Saturday, got the talleys mounted up.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]sawmill nc map
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 04/01/22
Buddy at work gave me 400 rounds of ammo, and 3 boxes of 16 to boot. 👊🏻

Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 04/03/22
This evening I finally had a chance to mess with the 600. Installed a Timney Elite Hunter set at 2.5#. Not much to it other than chiseling out a little bit of clearance for the safety lever. Absolutely zero creep, breaks like a glass rod. Also installed the aluminum bottom metal. Fit perfectly. Everything feeds and ejects nicely.

Waiting on the aluminum rail in the mail (should get here next week), but have the old rail and scope bases off. Was planning to glass bed this weekend, but got a nice little surprise when I took it apart the first time... it came with a nice bed and float job, so I'm gonna leave it alone, at least until after getting to the range.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Stock finish arrived in better shape than I expected, too. So I will probably still strip and refinish, but might bump that down the priority list a little bit. I will definitely fit and grind a recoil pad. The current pad hasn't totally hardened up, but I've never been a fan of the webbed-style pads. Thinking a red decelerator would look good. Might also jewel the bolt.

[Linked Image]

So far, this is shaping up to be a little box blind killing machine. I'll be curious to see how loud a full-house 308 load is with the 18.5" barrel... but I've been telling myself for the last 2 years that I really need to start wearing ear protection -- at least in the blinds and/or around the kids -- so maybe this will finally get me to do it.

Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 04/03/22
Hell ya, love me some 600’s and 660’s! 👍

My 660 6 ai I went timney, this triple deuce trigger ain’t too bad at all, I’m gonna just run it.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 04/03/22
Hell ya, love me some 600’s and 660’s! 👍

My 660 6 ai I went timney, this triple deuce trigger ain’t too bad at all, I’m gonna just run it.

The factory trigger honestly wasn't too bad on mine either. But the Timney is a major improvement. Mind sharing which Talley #s you used?
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 04/03/22
Ya, model 7/600/xp100 talleys. D&T the rear bridge with another hole, your gtg. 👍
Posted By: onlysmithandwesson Re: Rem 600? - 04/04/22
Got this one going, family rifle that I wanted to pull out of the safe and start using. 18" in .308. #500 Timney, opened up the barrel channel, bottom metal from Heritage, EGW rail, Leupold VX3HD 4.5-14. Shoots better than it ever did in the past with this little bit of work. Super handy.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 04/04/22
Originally Posted by onlysmithandwesson
Got this one going, family rifle that I wanted to pull out of the safe and start using. 18" in .308. #500 Timney, opened up the barrel channel, bottom metal from Heritage, EGW rail, Leupold VX3HD 4.5-14. Shoots better than it ever did in the past with this little bit of work. Super handy.

Hoping to get mine to the range shortly. Your setup spunds almost identical to mine.
Posted By: Judman Re: Rem 600? - 04/04/22
Got er rollin.

Talley lows and 2-7 leupold are perfect, clears the rib no problema. 👊🏻

Leupold, talleys, wood, blued, I’m so fuucked!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Posted By: JPro Re: Rem 600? - 04/04/22
I like the slick-barreled ones better, but I’d shoot that! Looks right.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 04/05/22
Got er rollin.

Talley lows and 2-7 leupold are perfect, clears the rib no problema. 👊🏻

Leupold, talleys, wood, blued, I’m so fuucked!! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Good looking rig. I went snooping for another in 243... and basically learned that I got the 308 for a song/dance that likely won't happen again.
Posted By: Stevens223 Re: Rem 600? - 04/18/22
I think that stock was a stock replacement from Bishop for these rifles. They came about 90% and needed finish inletting, fine sanding, and finishing as you wanted it. Nothing fancy but my brother did a nice job and killed 5-6 Whitetails with Sierra 165 grain round nose hand loaded. It's a family keepsake now.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Rem 600? - 12/29/22
Resurrecting an older thread, I know.

Giving some consideration to reboring a 660, 243 Win (not the original 20" bbl) to 338 Federal. Been talking to Mark Brown, at Brown Precision and he still inlets for the 600/660. Thought about 358 Win, but I already have on in a Ruger 77 tang safety.
Posted By: beretzs Re: Rem 600? - 12/29/22
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Giving some consideration to reboring a 660, 243 Win (not the original 20" bbl) to 338 Federal. Been talking to Mark Brown, at Brown Precision and he still inlets for the 600/660. Thought about 358 Win, but I already have on in a Ruger 77 tang safety.

Just me, but I’d do that all day long. While maybe not the more perfect set up, it could be very damned good. With a Brown on it, it might be a complete bush hunters dream.
Posted By: clockwork_7mm Re: Rem 600? - 12/29/22
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Just me, but I’d do that all day long. While maybe not the more perfect set up, it could be very damned good. With a Brown on it, it might be a complete bush hunters dream.
Man... seeing this thread really makes me regret selling it 😢😤😔
© 24hourcampfire