-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My very first rifle my father bought me was a Rem600. I sold it when I was in college and needed the $. I have since bought a couple of them and have a few more in the safe for future builds. The 600 series has limitations as Stick mentioned but if your shooting factory ammo or load to those specifications, then a 600 works just fine. They also have some advantages as they are a light action. I have two builds one in 7mm-08 and one in 338Fed. They are 5 and 6 pounds respectfully with McMillan stocks and Timney triggers. While it looks weird, the dogleg bolt is really nice as it lays close to the stock and does not get accidently bumped open or grabbed by clothes.

The biggest PITA is the bottom metal. It is horrible plastic from the factory. Metal ones are available but if you buy a McMillan stock, neither will work. You can use a 700 ADL triggerguard but it must be reversed and ONLY the rear screw gets used. If anyone has a better solution PLEASE let me know!

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip(s),while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

New wares arrive with great regularity here,seemingly falling out of the sky. Mail is looking dicey for Today,but I reckon sumptin' new is enroute. Use your Imagination to Pretend you won't be reading EVERY word I quip about it,while gawking The Splendid Pixels. This one is almost a week old. Almost. Google as you MUST,plagiarize as you do. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

'elrr,

The Montucky is a VASTLY superior solution,from any/all angles. Hint.

Hell,one in "lowly" 6BR,trumps a 243 Mouser AI in a 600. If only because I simply shoot it all and then some and more than a few on the same day. Hint.

Karen couldn't even pick same out of the crowd. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by erich
!966, I was stationed in Taiwan and had access to an unlimited supply of 5.56 55gr Ball ammo and told the cleck at the Ebassy gunshop I'd take the first 223 they could get their hands on. Low and behold it was the ugliest rifle I'd ever seen but it was a 223, I added a 4x Weaver, rings, scope and walked out the door either $69 or $89 lighter. I cant remember if the rifle was $69 and the scope was $20 more or if the whole package was $69. I was buying Rem 870 Wingmasters for $49 and Win 101's for $150.

Well before I ever fired the thing it went to the USAF armorer and he removed the rib, milled the studs off and rounded the forend to a nice shape. 55 years later the rifle has done yeoman work, on traplines, ADC work, calling predators and even won a club BR match, it doted on Herters primers, powder and bullets. Around 1995 the barrel had seen too many bullets down it and I rebarreled it to 6x45mm and it kept right on winning Egg Shoots and killing predators across the west. Mow it wears a synthetic stock aluminum trigger guard and PacNor SS barrel. It is one gun that will stay with me for a long time. I do have a Criterion 20P Remage barrel that could go on it in a pinch if I have to pare down the rifle numbers.

Pics if I get around to getting it out of the safe soon.

1967 was long before the internet and access to the information we have today. If I would have known How rare it was I might not have made it into a working rifle. Surprisingly they had gotten two into the shop and as far as I know today those were the only two that were sold to the public.

I always wondered why the .223 was such a limited run. It was always more popular than the 222 and as the 600 series was one of Remington's econo offerings, you would think that they would have stuck to the most popular chamberings.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Crying Karen,

Were you thinking about me again,with the punctuation slip(s),while professing you were not...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

New wares arrive with great regularity here,seemingly falling out of the sky. Mail is looking dicey for Today,but I reckon sumptin' new is enroute. Use your Imagination to Pretend you won't be reading EVERY word I quip about it,while gawking The Splendid Pixels. This one is almost a week old. Almost. Google as you MUST,plagiarize as you do. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. Hint.

'elrr,

The Montucky is a VASTLY superior solution,from any/all angles. Hint.

Hell,one in "lowly" 6BR,trumps a 243 Mouser AI in a 600. If only because I simply shoot it all and then some and more than a few on the same day. Hint.

Karen couldn't even pick same out of the crowd. Hint.

Big Slit, very impressive!! Only thing is, this is the “hunting rifles” sub forum. Please show some pics of some hunting rifles that have made meat, in, oh say the last 20 years… 🤣
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]upload images url

Mag constraints and throating really really fuucked me here!!! 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!! Diggin the “fishing rifles” and dark river slug a mile from salt!! Haha you poor fuucking dummy!!!

Yet another example of coal, mag constraints, rpm flat fuucked me!!! Haha 👊🏻Hell ya!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Judman; 03/18/22.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Diggin that glass too hog neck!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Crying Karen,

Yesterday was a slow day. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches. Hint.

I recognize that rifle😀 Hows she shoot?

Yup.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The scope is KILLING performance,but it's funnier than fhuqk! Hint.(grin)

It is a fhuqking hammer,like my other,with Lapooey brass,400's,Lever' and 'Burner Smooches. GrandyBabying around today and think I'll chop it to 19",like I did my other,before I rebarreled it. Thought I had another NIB Illuminatti running around,but I've not opened all the parcels nor dug very deep. Hint.

I've (3) 22 PPC AFI turnbolts and more than that in Krunchenticker and just might continue to roll this,until the CM tube pukes. Given this pass's weather,it might not take very fhuqking long. Hint.(grin)

Keep in mind...if it goes "Bang!",I'm likely interested. Hint...................

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big Slit!! Here’s what fish should look like. Haha

Forgot my “rifle” as I was fishing.

Rpm, mag constraints, coal and smooches again, fuucked me. 👍

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday was a slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. Hint.

How come pictures are fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bacon throat!! Your blabbing about shiit that don’t matter like usual. It’s very fascinating that you catch fish in Alaska of all places!! Haha

Maybe you can school me up on 140 Berger’s?? Another time coal, rpm, mag constraints and smooches fuucked me!!! Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday,was slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Boogers are too zooky for my tastes,but Pavement Pounders swoon 'em,for Fence Hoppin' "Adventures". Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick- will do. Sold it chasing a pair of Kimbers. Let me know how the coating holds up. Local guy opened up and the Howa was a test before I send him more work.

Last edited by AKduck; 03/18/22.

Yup.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big Slit, Alaska ain’t expensive, Hawaii is expensive!! Pardon my imagination and pretend has taken me there 20 or more times!! That livin on the Rez being a worthless tramp is rough duty!!

There, tell your Pards at man camp you have a pard that hunts pigs with a knife, dale howe custom with a kuilla handle. “Google” thst too so you really can act like you were there, like the bullet reports. 👍👊🏻

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'duck,

I haven't REALLY rallied on it yet and it's showing the typical Road Rash of Shucking Shells,around the exhaust port. Found a NIB Illuminatti and KNEW I fhuqking had one somewhere. Will goop 'er up and make it Daybreak Ready. Hint.

They need to make these bitches in S/S,for folks who actually fhuqking shoot! Hint....................(grin)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

Pardon the interlude(that means folks were ignoring you),the men were talkin',as you unleashed yet another High Pitched Nasal Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hawaii ain't for me,as I'm partial to English and I reckon you are too,as often as you emulate(that means plagiarize)(which means copy) mine. Perhaps punctuate more? Ooooooopsie!...too late! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Unfortunately,Google ain't my gig and admittedly,I've never heard of said Metalwork. Purty "mean" of you to "tease" me about that too,as you "live" vicariously and "ruggedly". Then you "teased" me about scopes too. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year too. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so fhuqking awesome?!? Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big Slit!! You gonna bitch yourself to death today you hard chargin bacon throat you??!!! Haha

You’re right Hawaii sure isn’t for everyone, especially fat necked cuunts that couldn’t breath on a 6 hour flight!!! Haha

What language they speak on the rez?? Klinkit?? Haha

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Crying Karen,

The day before yesterday,was slow too. 8" RPM and magfed Smooches,though in "fairness",the magbox,follower,spring and bottom aren't OEM(that means weren't supplied by the Rifle Manufacturer). I'd never even noticed the scope,be sure to "tell" me about it. Hint.

What camera/lens "system" do you use? A Pinhole and dirty Coke bottle? Pardon the poignant profundity of my Lexicon consuming your every thought and "move",as you Whine aloud in glorious fashion. It must be VERY "rewarding" for you,to recount years of "Adventures" and we simply call it "Wednesday and Thursday of this week". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". You keep extolling your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel 'em. I musta' missed it,where anyone has ever "accused" you of shooting. Pretty mean of you,to "tease" me about my catching 1000+ Salmonids a year too. I read about Alaska,but it sounds expensive. Hint.

How come my pictures are so awesome? Hint.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 19rabbit52, 64 invisible), 16,268 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,158
Posts18,542,764
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.