Campfire Tracker
P
When is it? Dates?

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
April 2nd & 3rd. Unless you can get in with a dealer then that gets you and additional afternoon on the 1st

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The best deals seems to be the last day of the show. One dealer offered me a absolutely beautiful 500 Chapuis double rifle for $5,000 on Sunday afternoon while he was packing up his booth

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Another word of advice. If you see something you like buy it . It may be gone when you come back looking for it or you may not find the dealer again due to the size of the show. It is an incredible show

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Another questions,
Where are some good places to eat?

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire
Does anyone know if those perty gals are gonna be there this year? Had a jealous wife last show. Now I got no wifey at all. Gonna plan on getting some hugs & pictures with them this year! Titties & guns!!!! What's not to love......sorry couldn't help it

They will surely be there.
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
As an out of stater, and not a bordering state, how would I buy a long gun if I go?

If you are buying from an individual, it will be up to the seller to determine if he wants to transfer it through an FFL. Private property sales are allowed by law. I will say that there is increasing resistance in non-FFL holders selling handguns to people who are not known or are from out of state.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I plan on having a copy of my buddies FFL with me so if there is an issue, I can just get the seller to ship it to him.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
One other tip, if you do buy something early and don't want to carry it all day and don't want to take it to the vehicle for the possibility of being seen and broken into, I have had the dealer stick it under the table to pick up later. Most are good guys and will do so, just be sure to write down where it was.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wish I could make it but it's just too short of notice for me.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Good advice to plan on both days. You won't make it through comfortably in one day. I did it in a few hours one day several years ago. That was at a brisk walk and looking for very specific items. I took a break to eat and drink halfway through. I was pretty tired afterwords.
Do wear your most comfortable shoes!

And do have fun.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I am wondering if a person could use a baby stroller to help them walk and carry stuff?. Not one of the big ones but a compact one.

Hook And Cook
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They use strollers and some use the squarish grocery two wheelers. Kids,wives, and everything thing else.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Can one concealed carry a pistol?

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Who wears uncomfortable shoes anywhere?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by cotis
Can one concealed carry a pistol?

It will be checked, cleared and zip tied at the front door. You then are allowed to carry unloaded and concealed on the show floor.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What are the laws buying guns at the show in Oklahoma if you're from Texas? Are privet sales ok or do you need to go through an FFL at the show?

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
What are the laws buying guns at the show in Oklahoma if you're from Texas? Are privet sales ok or do you need to go through an FFL at the show?

Private sales are allowable under the law. Further, you can buy a long gun from a dealer but not likely a handgun.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's an amazing place. Wear the best shoes you have, the floors are all concrete and you will likely have to park quite a ways from the door. Take money, take trades.

More information here:

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/homem.html

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I’ve never done it but people make signs with the model, caliber and price and attach them to small dowel rods and slide them into the barrel of the guns they carry around. Word of advice don’t pack around an 8lb muzzleloader and expect to sell one out there. I don’t think you can give one away at the Tulsa gun show.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
[quote=Stammster]I used to go every year, but it’s been a while so take these comments with a grain of salt.

Plan going both days - you won’t make it through the whole thing in one day. Literally miles of walking.

Don't start on either side, or the middle. That’s what everyone else does.

Be mindful of the time at each table. Taking an extra 15-30 seconds at each table of crap adds up over the day. I avoid the professional flee market guys.

Deals are made early or late. If they won’t meet your price, make note of the table and go back later. It might be there.

The best luck I had was with guys that had a small table, 15-20 guns, and some misc stuff. But then again, I was looking for some older and collectible Winchester’s, parts, etc.

You will find things there that you won’t see in a lifetime of other gun shows.

Plan on hearing at least 2-3 accidental discharges throughout the day.

Wanemacher died recently, so I hope this event doesn’t go down hill in the future. https://tulsaworld.com/obituaries/l...35e2a3a-8da3-11ec-84a4-b3c9a7f585bb.html

Best gun show in America.
Heard an accidental discharge yesterday, they said a dealer had a gun loaded!!! Lady came over the speaker saying this is why we check guns and zip tie them so the cannot be fired. I don’t know how you can shoot inside a building like that and not hit someone!! I know now why I saw several people wearing body armor while walking around!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.