Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I ordered a GMC 2500 at the beginning of December and got it in about 10 weeks in February. When I got it, he told me that the heated steering wheel, heated/AC seats and the parking sensors don't work because it's missing the micro chips. When the chips come in, I'll have to take it back to them to have them installed. It's got a 6.6L Gas engine.

I traded in my 2017 with 96K miles on it and got $35K for it. It's still on their website for sale at $48K. The new truck was $70K and I financed the other $35K for 4 years at 4.99% with monthly payments of $785.20 per month.

The color of this thing is what they call "Forest". It's kind of a weird olive drab. When you look at it in low light, it almost looks black. When the sun is shinning on it, it looks like olive drab with gold flake. When people ask me what that color it is, I tell them it's camo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sharp looking truck.

Holy sh*t thats a garbage rate on the finance though - did you not shop it or is that the best you could find?

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
heck, I don't own anything newer than 11 years old....

a new car would give me nothing that I don't have now, except car payments...

A new car would give you NEW PARTS...

I have 11 vehicles now (average about 250k miles)...

I have 9 trailers...

I know the market on parts and repairs better than most non-professionals.

Parts are getting NUTS.

I have a guy driving 10 hours (one way) to buy a set of 1996 Dodge doors.

I have the bed off of a 1991 Taco that I am selling for more than I paid for the whole damn truck 2 years ago.

3rd world USA is coming.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jbmi
Ordered one over 3 months ago, before all the crap was happening.
It should be in anytime, having second thoughts, it's a "want" vs "need"
Dealer says I don't have to take it, as they have a waiting list for this one.

Yep, I just ordered 2 days ago.

My current truck is currently fine. Problem is, if something were to happen to it, I'd be truly [bleep]-ed. I've already checked, there isn't a vehicle on a lot within 250 miles that I'd want sitting in front of my house. For the first time ever I'm living out of walking distance from work. I've got the money in the bank. Rather than back myself into a situation where I have to buy a POS vehicle of a sort that I don't want just to be able to get to work, I put in an order for what I do want. Worst case, retirement is 11-12 years out. What I ordered is one of the things I want to retire with. When it arrives, I'll drive it some, make some modifications I want to get it "just right", set it up for hunting, fishing, camping, etc. so if all goes well, it'll be 11-12 years old but fairly low miles when I retire.

Unless something changes, we're going to have to do things differently than we have in the past. We're not going to have a wide selection of vehicles sitting on lots to choose from. You'll either go in and pay essentially full price for whatever they choose to give you, or you're going to order ahead. That means planning ahead in a way we haven't truly had to in the past.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I ordered a GMC 2500 at the beginning of December and got it in about 10 weeks in February. When I got it, he told me that the heated steering wheel, heated/AC seats and the parking sensors don't work because it's missing the micro chips. When the chips come in, I'll have to take it back to them to have them installed. It's got a 6.6L Gas engine.

I traded in my 2017 with 96K miles on it and got $35K for it. It's still on their website for sale at $48K. The new truck was $70K and I financed the other $35K for 4 years at 4.99% with monthly payments of $785.20 per month.

The color of this thing is what they call "Forest". It's kind of a weird olive drab. When you look at it in low light, it almost looks black. When the sun is shinning on it, it looks like olive drab with gold flake. When people ask me what that color it is, I tell them it's camo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sharp looking truck.

Holy sh*t thats a garbage rate on the finance though - did you not shop it or is that the best you could find?

That rate came from Ally. They had a little better rate from another bank that was about 4.5%, but my brother and I would have to get together and sign a personal guarantee and it was kind of a hassle because he was in Florida at the time. We talked to our local bank because they hold the notes on a bunch of machinery like forklifts, loaders, and a couple of heavy trucks. She said they try to stay away from your average car loan and can't compete. She would have been higher. I think with most of our loans on machinery are hanging over 5%. $785.00 a month for 4 years is very doable for us. When you look at corporate taxes, we can right off and expense up to $2M per year and I'm riding around in a Cadillac truck.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We buy a new car about every eight or ten years and last fall was time. Didn't pick it up until the other day. The delay was our choice, we were travelling. Hopefully, this one will take me into my 80's. GD

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In May of 2021 I searched long and hard for a new Ford F 250. I really hadn't given much consideration to ordering a truck with the chip situation at the time. I ended finding a new 2020 still on a dealer lot with an XLT Premium package and a few other nice options. Got a pretty damn good deal on that truck and a ridiculously high buy out on my 2019 F 150.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife's car is now 12 years old. I drove it last week when we went to see the tax man.

Just hit 30k miles.

Keepin' it until these suckers go broke.....lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will buy a new truck when things settle down a bit. Currently driving a 2017 silverado 1500 dr. With 65k on it
Love this truck but i like to trade every 3/4 years. Overdue now but I can wait. No issue with this one.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll likely be buying soon as well, but will be going CPO.

Mom passed recently, and she was staying in my house (renting from me). Old lady and I are thinking of moving in versus selling right now, but it will add 80 miles a day (round trip) to my commute, which is currently 8 miles a day. Do not want to put those kind of miles on my 2017 Tacoma (currently at 30k miles after 5 years) which is my "forever truck". Have been fixing it up and adding goodies to carry me into and back out of the woods until I die. So, I'll buy a nice commuter that will keep me comfortable on the long drives, and park the Tacoma except for what I bought it for, excursions out to the sticks.

Thinking a CPO Lexus NX or RX hybrid will make the commute a little more comfortable, and ease the gas hit on the wallet.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you worked a deal for 3k under sticker, you should probably buy it. Listen to this story about a coworker who ordered a vehicle. He signed the deal for about what you're looking at. The dealer contacted him this week and offered him 5 grand to walk away from the deal.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I purchased a 2021 Toyota Tacoma off road 7 months ago MSRP + $3000.00 ( And that was discounted from $5000.00 over with my sons LEO discount) 7000 miles later totaled when a fella who did not have full command of the english language thought a stop sign meant go like heck. My insurance company was very fair with the settlement and I replaced it last week with the exact same specs and colored 2022 at MSRP from a CT dealer.

By the way, I first went back to my original dealer in NY and they wanted $7000.00 over MSRP !!! They will never see me again for a purchase, I promise!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jbmi
Ordered one over 3 months ago, before all the crap was happening.
It should be in anytime, having second thoughts, it's a "want" vs "need"
Dealer says I don't have to take it, as they have a waiting list for this one.
It was a decent deal, no mark up above sticker, plus got 3K off with a family & friends coupon.
Paying cash, just a slight hesitation thinking if I'd be better off waiting for things to settle down, and if all hell breaks loose if I'd need the cash.
Decisions, decisions, decisions crazy

If they’re taking 3k off sticker, in this market, I feel you’re being treated VERY fairly.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
I expect the .gov will simply end up confiscating 401k's to keep things going.

Why?

They just print dollars without any backing now, why stop? Which is why we are on the road we're on.

I don't think they're gonna want to upset the peasants anymore than need be. They will let us keep our dollars, they will just be worth(less).

It's gonna be miserable, may as well be miserable in heated leather seats...

Funny.

Black Cows Matter!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Not worth a continental."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by muleshoe
I expect the .gov will simply end up confiscating 401k's to keep things going.

Why?

They just print dollars without any backing now, why stop? Which is why we are on the road we're on.

I don't think they're gonna want to upset the peasants anymore than need be. They will let us keep our dollars, they will just be worth(less).

Correct... 401k and and SS will still "flow"... but when chicken is $100 a pound and the electric bill is $1,800... it really won't matter much no more.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (907brass, 7mm_Loco, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 14,478 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,989
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.