Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#17111724 03/29/22
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I took one of the dogs to the vet this morning to be spayed. While in the vet office I counted 11 women. One of them was a maybe 25-year-old country girl, looked to be in good shape.

The remaining 10 women were clearly obese.

The CDC,for whatever they're worth, claim obesity rate in the US is now over 42%.

Maybe the upcoming projected food shortage is a good thing?

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I want to comment on this...hold that thought, I gotta go get a sammich.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm too fat, too fat for me.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Once the coming food shortage gets bad……they’ll be successful with that weight loss they’ve always wanted! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obesity and napalm are a good team. I love the smell of bacon in the morning.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Was just reading where that teenager who died on the amusement ride in Orlando was 6'5'' and 340lbs...and 14 years old

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
My wife and I were driving near the local university and a few big herds of coeds crossed the road in front of us. There wasn't one in the groups under #250. They eat well on those unlimited studend loans. When I was in college it was one of the times in my life I lost weight. I couldn't afford to eat like they do now at university.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 03/29/22.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
My wife and I were driving near the local university and a few big herds of coeds crossed the road in front of us. There wasn't one in the groups under #250. They eat well on those unlimited studend loans. When I was in college it was one of the times in my life I lost weight. I couldn't afford to eat like they do now at university.

Bb

You might want to check out the college scene in the Carolinas. Sill a lot of hot ones down were. The last six months of college tours is killing me! laugh

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by longarm
I took one of the dogs to the vet this morning to be spayed. While in the vet office I counted 11 women. One of them was a maybe 25-year-old country girl, looked to be in good shape.

The CDC,for whatever they're worth, claim obesity rate in the US is now over 42%.

I figure it will only take one neighbor put up in the freezer to last my family through the entire winter.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This "Body Positive" crap is killing people.
Do men now find this attractive?

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by killerv
Was just reading where that teenager who died on the amusement ride in Orlando was 6'5'' and 340lbs...and 14 years old

do ya think he hit the ground faster than say, a lad of only 120 pounds?

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by killerv

Yikes. Must be a crater where he landed.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
You might want to check out the college scene in the Carolinas. Sill a lot of hot ones down were. The last six months of college tours is killing me! laugh

Buddy & I were down around UGA in December. I had to keep reminding myself that those were someone's daughters. Wow.

As for obesity? Yeah, it's everywhere, & getting worse. Growing up, there was 1 extremely fat person, & everyone knew her. These days, there are hundreds her size, or bigger, in nearly every venue one enters.

Since our society has now decided that .gov should be in charge of health care, declaring martial law re: foodstuffs is conceivably on the table. No Doritos for YOU!

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Some men like big wimmins:

"I love the tip, I love the top
I love you better than a hog loves slop

'Cause you're a big legged woman
With a short, short miniskirt
Promise me darlin'
You'll never make me feel like dirt"

Goes way way back too:

some wimmins like a big man too:

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I figure it will only take one neighbor put up in the freezer to last my family through the entire winter.

I figure the extra 15 or so I'd love to lose will come in handy during the famine too.

Eating skinny field rabbits and Eurasian doves will require burning some of my stored food for the fat content.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm there now. After my fall from a roof 5 years ago and being busted up (second broken back and 80% loss of left arm function) I haven't raised any alfalfa and can't buck bales. I gained 45 pounds, and it's my fault. One exercise I could still do is push-aways at the dinner table.

Emily will be a good reason to become active, as active as the carcass will allow, and shed this weight. I need to be able to keep up with her and Rosie by this fall.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Many years back when a student at WVU (WVa) we had a home football game with UCLA. The male component of our student body pretty much moved over to the opposing team stands for an extended look at their cheerleaders.

Have watched a few college basketball games in the last couple weeks and there are not near as many high lifts and tosses being done in those cheerleader ranks now days.

Eat well,

Last edited by 1minute; 03/29/22.

1Minute
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Buddy & I were down around UGA in December. I had to keep reminding myself that those were someone's daughters. Wow.

FC

20+ years ago my cousin and friend would tell me they didn't make girls like that when they were in school, referring to the way they looked and dressed. Last August it was 92 degrees when I brought my son to campus and I'll tell you what. They didn't make girls like that when I was in school!!!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Expensive food or a shortage will only make things worse - more fat people. Folks with less money eat highly processed and cheap food and that's what makes a person fat. Healthly foods - meat, fresh fruit and vegetables - will become more expensive and be consumed even less.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
Expensive food or a shortage will only make things worse - more fat people. Folks with less money eat highly processed and cheap food and that's what makes a person fat. Healthly foods - meat, fresh fruit and vegetables - will become more expensive and be consumed even less.

Likely some truth there. Less food from the edges of the grocery store and more from the middle.

Now with even more aplomb
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,688 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,460
Posts18,471,239
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.