Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Karl,

Is your Brazil customer named Campos? Are you building the guns? If so, is the FFL going to be you or Natinal Gun?

GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Hello Mr.Stiller, is Mr. Campos speaking.
I would not like to highjack this thread as I am only an observer...

Yes, Karl will build the rifles for me. And the FFL will be Mr. Jack Gonzales, at National Guns (Florida), who will do the export.

I will wait your email tolding me when the actions are ready (hopefully next week as you told me) and will contact Mr. Jack Gonzales (National Gun) to "buy" the actions from you and have them sent to Karl.

Any doubt, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I am very excited about my first custom rifle and I am sure it will be everything I expect, from the components (Stiller action, Krieger barrel etc) and the work (Mr. Feldkamp).

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
They will be late this week or early the week after. Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, sorry to see the dissention of the troops here. I don't have a clue what transpired here, but I can vouch for Karl either picking up the phone directly or promptly returuning every call I've made to him.......

He's not the type that leave loose ends untied........

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Sounds like Mr. Stiller is doing a stand up job of owning the fact that communication could have been better. And Karl has a well deserved reputation as a straight shooter (as are his guns.)

These "he said, they said" post mortems never bear much fruit. I would be pleased to own one of Mr. Stiller's actions, and I know I will be sending Karl more work in the future. I have every confidence that they care about my business, but are also human.

Move along folks, the party's over.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Well said!

Last edited by hrnhuntr; 09/29/07.
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hrnhuntr
Well said!

+1

-WGM-
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kampfeld
I work in my home, usually spending 14 hours a day down in the shop, seven days a week.

I can vouch for that! Everytime I call Karl he is working, and still takes time to talk to me.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not one single communication problem from Karl on my end either...Just wish he wasn't so damn busy grin!

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stiller
I did talk with Karl after the returned action and informed him it would be 4 to 6 weeks. I did not continue to call him with updates as nothing had changed, but we did talk to him after the initial return. He left one message a few weeks ago that I tried to call back on once and didnt get an answer. I dont remember the messages from you, but maybe Curtis pulled the message and tried back when you were not available. I just dont know what else to tell you. As far as delivery times and service go, we have been told we are better then most. I wish you the best of luck with your next purchase from our competitors. My understanding is the delivery times etc are much more underestimated and longer then ours. Once again, sorry about the issues and any bad will you may have. I guess no matter what we do, someone will not be happy. Just part of the business I guess.

I know that I've surely been pleased with the service and performance of the Predator actions I've built on. Sometimes you can't believe how things can turn to crap when I'm busting my butt to get it all together. The ways it can happen are beyond counting, I think. Anyway, I'm a customer and fan of Predator actions and Stiller Precision and I've sold a few actions for them. I think I'll stay for awhile.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ordered one but never heard back. Not accepting a deposit was a clue in the beginning. I'm not going to beg to buy it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well dont get all excited about a timberline either.
over a year for me and no word.
Well he did call me in june and tell me he was almost done....
if he ever bothers to send it to me.Im going to turn around and order another.Only next time I wont pay for it untill its ready to ship.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My next action just may be a Stiller.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin
My next action just may be a Stiller.

rb

That's what I thought too!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
"All's well that ends well."

I would buy a new action from Jerry Stiller after reading this . I was worried that this would be just another "trial by internet" and I am quite impressed by the way this whole situation was handled by all concerned.

Glenn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stonewall
"All's well that ends well."

I would buy a new action from Jerry Stiller after reading this . I was worried that this would be just another "trial by internet" and I am quite impressed by the way this whole situation was handled by all concerned.

Glenn

Anybody can have a 'glitch' in their system at times. I read a post by somebody who talked to me (can't remember just who it was) but he went with another smith and said that he had problems and regretted not going with me. Let me assure you that I can fumble the ball just as easily as the other guy did.

I'm sure that most of us who do gun work on this forum strive to turn out perfection with every build but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I had one guy complain about me leaving some bedding compound in the vent hole on the side of the action. Of course, he never mentioned it until I finally wrote him to ask if he ever intended to pay me the balance he owed.

I've forgotten to put the ejectors back in bolts, forgot to inscribe caliber on barrels and other things. It's just gonna happen but when I goof I pay shipping back to me and do whatever it takes to make things right. Most customers are pretty understanding but some have jumped down my throat. I just eat my crow, raw if I have to, and keep on truckin'. If I develop saddle sores from being ridden too roughly I just smile and when I'm finished I have my own list that I keep. There aren't many names on it but it is not empty by any means. There's never a need to be rude and crude. Give the guy a chance to make things right but don't start beating him over the head with a lawyer.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just for clarity, I think I was the one that suggested sending a letter from an attorney ...

but understand, that was due to xverminator's story that he couldn't even make contact with Jerry ... and Karl echoed that he couldn't get any contact with him either... I just figured that a letter from an attorney would get his attention ... I never advocated starting a lawsuit over something like this ...

anway, I too agree that alls well that ends well, and this situation actually got taken care of rather nicely ... good on everyone ...

-WGM-
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
what is BXROADS real name. I may have you on the list. How was it ordered, by email or phone. I have just finished a batch this week and will be calling loads of people from as far back as May. How is not accepting a deposit a problem. I dont want to be accused of using someones money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe I'll get a call. I am pretty sure I am on the list. PM incoming.
Dave

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Its ready. Curtis may have tried to call you, maybe not. The timney triggers are on the way.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 35, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 16 invisible), 1,573 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,648
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.