I'll take it means I'll take it.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I thought "PM sent" meant the same as "I'll take it".

That is a safety net for the potential buyer to gather low hanging fruit before really committing to the purchase.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JackRyan
I'll take it means I'll take it.

Rocket science, eh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Borchardt
I thought "PM sent" meant the same as "I'll take it".

That is a safety net for the potential buyer to gather low hanging fruit before really committing to the purchase.

I’ve sent that “PM sent” message before, when I had additional questions that weren’t addressed in the initial post. Some people don’t check their PM’s frequently and it’s just a heads up that there is something coming.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Seems like the "I'll take it" rule is left to the discretion of the seller. I mean if someone is making a lower offer through PM's (and I agree that this is the right way to make an offer) and a buyer posts "I'll take it" at the current advertised price, does the "I'll take it" win even if the seller has accepted a lower offer via PM before seeing the public "I'll take it" post?

I guess that is just an etiquette thing also?... I mean what's to stop a seller from telling the first publicly posted "I'll take it" guy that he already sold the item through PM's?...Bad reviews for the seller? I mean do we need an eBay style rating system for buyers/sellers?

All that said, I have to admit that most of my transactions have been great here also.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wtrfwlnut
Seems like the "I'll take it" rule is left to the discretion of the seller. I mean if someone is making a lower offer through PM's (and I agree that this is the right way to make an offer) and a buyer posts "I'll take it" at the current advertised price, does the "I'll take it" win even if the seller has accepted a lower offer via PM before seeing the public "I'll take it" post?

My opinion, and have been in that situation.....

If the seller accepts the lower offer by PM, the deal has been consummated at that point, making the public ITI null and void.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here is how another site deals with classifieds......

All users and readers of the Classifieds Area take note,

This is NOT a discussion area.

If you are not potentially interested in a product, and do not have legitimate questions about product features, condition, shipping, insurance etc., then do NOT POST in the thread at all.

If you attack a seller’s ad you can receive a warning and may be banned.

If you think this is a place to be sarcastic or make rude insults you will receive a warning and may be banned.

And if you use someone else's ad to try to sell your own product(s), you may immediately lose all posting privileges and may be banned.

If you repeatedly breech this policy you WILL BE BANNED. All bans are permanent and forever. There is no discussion, no grace period. You will be tossed from the site forever and your IP addresses will be blocked so you can’t even read the Forum.

If you want to test the Admins on this, be aware that banning violators is actually just about the single most rewarding thing I can do as a site owner. That’s because it is like removing a cancer that has wasted my time and harmed other members.
Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
Like Reply Report

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by aalf
Originally Posted by wtrfwlnut

My opinion, and have been in that situation.....

If the seller accepts the lower offer by PM, the deal has been consummated at that point, making the public ITI null and void.

Yup, that's how I think most folks handle it....Kind of undermines the ITI concept though..Some folks even post "First ITI gets it'...Boils down to that it is really at the sellers discretion.

Originally Posted by ronwethington

If you repeatedly breech this policy you WILL BE BANNED. All bans are permanent and forever. There is no discussion, no grace period. You will be tossed from the site forever and your IP addresses will be blocked so you can’t even read the Forum.

Like Reply Report

good luck blocking an IP address from a person that uses a VPN

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've sold a lot of items here. More than half of the time these things are sold with a PM, an "I'll take it" having never been posted. That's fine. All an "I'll take it" means to me is that person has agreed to buy at the terms posted. Doesn't mean they bought it or are going to actually get it as I may already be making a deal with someone else. Once a deal is made I do ASAP show in the post that the item is sold. PM offers are common.

Those who call magazines "clips" and cartridges "bullets" ought not to be taken seriously. Jeff Cooper.
We might add those who call bullets "boolits.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Conflicts need to be addressed in person at the pancake house of the sellers choosing.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WeimGuy
Originally Posted by KLM
IMHO the important factor is to make your offer through a PM. Low class to post an offer in the WTS thread.

+1

+2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by KLM
IMHO the important factor is to make your offer through a PM. Low class to post an offer in the WTS thread.

Totaly agree I put people on ignore that do that

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Also, I hate the "What's your bottom dollar" question.

Homie don't play dat......I'm not going to lowball myself......

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Offers thru pm are best

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[bleep] on another's asking price is another low move I've seen. Either pay the price, PM an offer or move on.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...-remington-11-87-sps-t-12ga#Post17133544
Calling out a scammer is fine but make sure you know what you're talking about before throwing out accusations.
I guess it's easy to be an arsehole when most of us are anonymous.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I hate when people post, " I'm thinking about selling"

That's the stupidest comment ever

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There does not have to be a public I'll take it, a private I'll take it is just fine. If a person doesn't want the whole forum or world to know what they are buying, fine... hell that's me on some things.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredhorace77
I hate when people post, " I'm thinking about selling"
That's the stupidest comment ever

Yep. "Checking the waters" & "gauging interest" with the promise of posting photos when they get home....Or next week.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ronwethington

All users and readers of the Classifieds Area take note,

This is NOT a discussion area.

If you are not potentially interested in a product, and do not have legitimate questions about product features, condition, shipping, insurance etc., then do NOT POST in the thread at all.

If you attack a seller’s ad you can receive a warning and may be banned.

If you think this is a place to be sarcastic or make rude insults you will receive a warning and may be banned.

And if you use someone else's ad to try to sell your own product(s), you may immediately lose all posting privileges and may be banned.

If you want to test the Admins on this, be aware that banning violators is actually just about the single most rewarding thing I can do as a site owner. That’s because it is like removing a cancer that has wasted my time and harmed other members.
Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
Like Reply Report

Power trippin'

Probably can't call out scammers or swindlers either.

Medics bury their mistakes..
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Flintlocke: Some of my best friends are/were Jewish Pawnbrokers!
Keep this in mind - I have NEVER seen an unemployed Jew! And I have seen and I know a lot of them.
Back to "etiquette" and the fire - Shirley you jest - "etiguette on the CampFire - you must be new here?
On rare occasion I have made an "offer" to someone selling pistols, Rifles and optics on our CampFire Forum - I have done so in full public display. I do NOT do business like that via P/M - upfront and outfront is the way I do business.
Having said that, I do not think it would offend any concerned party if you P/M'ed an offer for an item listed hereon for sale.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (BamBam, 35, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, bbassi, BALLISTIK, 9 invisible), 1,288 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,234
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.