Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Again, thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and ideas.

Extremely limited supply of handguns here in town. So I can't just go and handle to see what I'd like.

I do have this thing which I bought several years ago. At the time it was the idea for CC but damn, IMHO it is too chunky for what I now have in mind.

Tried doing a compare with it and the 43x but I couldn't find the exact model.

Looking for something svelte.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

You might want to contact a hand lotion company to become a hand model.

By the looks of that pic, Shrap, I'm sure glad we're looking at his hand and not a full body selfie shot!!

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
My hand looks puffy, and there is a small sliver there in the thumb meat.

Last Sunday or Monday I smashed the chit out of that hand with a free falling piece of continuous fence. It still feels weird. And I do have dry skin on the thumb joint....lol

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

4winds, I have to take my dirty work pants off inside the house. They are immediately replaced with a clean version, no free ballin' here....yet....lol

Last edited by SamOlson; 04/06/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife won't leave you alone???

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
She's relentless!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's a fine cocker!

Maybe you should get a single action six shooter for a carry piece!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know it hurts, but gotttdam I can't stop laughing!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a triple toothed hi line rattler bit ya.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I am now trying to figure out the difference between a Sig 365X and a Glock 43X.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 365X is the short barrel 365 on the XL frame.

I think the 43x is a short barrel on a larger handle as well.

Just my opinion, if you want something svelte go with the P365XL or the shield plus with the OR slide.

The P365XL will be a little wider in your hand while the shield will be longer across your palm. They are different feeling.

It really will impress you on how well either shoots.

I like the P365XL amongst the micros...

Last edited by 4winds; 04/06/22.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I am now trying to figure out the difference between a Sig 365X and a Glock 43X.

They are close, the Sig can be used with a Sig 15 rd magazine.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
You picked the perfect time in history to pick a concealed carry gun. The selection is better than it's ever been. I personally carry on my belt at the 3:00 position. But then I typically never tuck my shirt in, and since that's the way people see me, they don't think anything about it. If CC is important to you, you need to start with how you dress. You pick a gun for how you dress, or you dress to what you carry. If you pick a full size gun but always tuck in your shirt, wear short jackets, etc, you will have a more difficult time with concealing, especially in the summer.

With not having a huge selection to choose from in town, here are some guns to consider

Ruger Max 9, it's a smaller gun but does hold a 10 round mag, but also comes with a 12 round mag. The grip is long enough to get 3 fingers on it. Drives me nuts to handle a handgun there's only room for 2 fingers on the grip.

Ruger EC9 is also a handy gun. It's smaller and comes with a 7 shot mag (you have 7+1) Pretty thin and easier to conceal.

Someone mentioned the S&W SD9VE or if you prefer a heavier bullet the SD40VE. The 9 is a 16+1 gun and the 40 is a 14+1 gun. Nothing tricky about it like the glocks, no safety but it's like handling a high cap revolver, The gun is not going to go off if you don't intentionally operate the trigger. It's a pretty common size as well.

I also like the Taurus G series guns which may be a G2c, G3c, GX4 or for a closer to a full size gun the Taurus G3. The first 2 are 12+1, the GX4 is a 10+1, and the G3 comes with a 15 round mag, and a 17 round mag. This series is one of the most popular guns on the market. Biggest reason is the price, but that doesn't mean they aren't extremely reliable. Check Youtube Honest Outlaw he's tested all the models with 1000 round tests with no issues. They all may or some may not fit your hand.

The Sig 365 is a nice gun but the grip is a little short (for me) if I was going to go that way I'd go with the 365XL, it's also more like a full size gun.

Springfield Armories Hell cat is another good one, but it's about what fits your hand, and points well for you. You probably noticed I didn't mention Glock, not because they aren't a good gun, but they don't fit my hand well and don't point well FOR ME. You can get used to anything but it takes time.

That's some popular ideas. I personally like the Simply Rugged holsters which for semi's the Cuda model is nice. I won't use a holster that doesn't cover the trigger guard.

If you can live with a revolver I personally really like the Ruger SP101 in either the 3" or 4" model. Which ever if you plan on using them as a 357 mag, then for sure ditch the factory grips and get a Hogue grip in either rubber or nylon. I don't like the trigger guard whacking my knuckle. Most people either use standard 38 Special or 38 Special +P. They have a long enough cylinder for a 180 grain hard cast, which not every gun does.
Revolvers are more difficult to find at this moment in history as they are more labor intensive and take more time to produce.

Sounds like you've got a lot of good ideas to consider. With few offerings at the gun shop it does make it more difficult to decide. Hopefully your shop has all of these in stock or should at some point as these are all very popular.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Take a trip to Williston’s sportsman’s. I think they have the 43x in stock and they do transfers to someplace in WolfPoint.

Side note, we got equipment near Popular these days..

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I may get the 365XL as a spare
But am happy w the reg 365.

Yup its shorter. Hides easier.
My hands are med i guess. Thin so get good wrap on just about everything. Target woods on Smith N frames are fine, Desert Eagles a touch big but doable.

Like big guns.

But dang if the little 365 and the short grip......its no problem. Dunno why I like it and hate others where pinky under. It just felt OK when others didnt, and when I shot it was fine.

Havent really tried to examine why the short gun works so well for me.

It just does.

Id like to try the XL. But I dont need it.

Last edited by hookeye; 04/07/22.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I shared this link with Sam in a PM. I find it really handy.

https://www.handgunhero.com/

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
S&W SD VE

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Sam, do you know anyone that has a Sig P365 that they will let you shoot ?
That went a lot towards my choosing it for a small Concealable Hi-cap 9mm. It beat all the other compact 9mm’s I tried hands down for shoot ability.
And has a great factory trigger and factory Sig Night Sights are standard on them.
Unlike most comparable models that you end up paying another $100 or more to install night sights.
That includes smaller Glocks I own and had previously carried too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cool thing about self defense pistols these days...You actually have to work at it to end up with a bad pistol. Even the cheap pistols are pretty decent anymore.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Again, thank you all for posting your thoughts.

Checking quick with another question.

I see they make a Sig 365 Nitron.

What the heck is that and how does it differ from the 365X?

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

The compare feature on Sig's website doesn't give all the pertinent specs.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Eenie Meenie has been solving a lot of problems for a lot of years.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Again, thank you all for posting your thoughts.

Checking quick with another question.

I see they make a Sig 365 Nitron.

What the heck is that and how does it differ from the 365X?

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

The compare feature on Sig's website doesn't give all the pertinent specs.
"Nitron" is just their name for their standard dull gray/black finish.

Last edited by UPhiker; 04/07/22.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1234, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 58 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,943
Posts18,519,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.