Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Anybody used one of them? Just picked one of them along with an MBT trigger for my brother. Not sure if there is anything special about them, but LaRue has never put out junk so I figured it would be a good place for him to start with an AR.

Semper Fi
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
What upper is it? Not a lot of love here because Rost bad mouths them. He loves BCA though. Go figure. I'd buy one to test out, they seem to get a lot of love on other sites. They did very well in the MOA all day long shoot over on ARFCOM. Check it out, the first, second and third place holders were using a Larue of some sort, then 4th was WOA, then you get down to the 6th guy and he was using a Krieger barreled AR. After that, there were many Larue AR's. Judging by that, it tells me they shoot damn well. Your brother will probably be pretty happy with it. Keep us filled in. Any more specs you can share with us? I will probably buy a 20" stealth to play with down the road.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
It's this one.

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-ultimate-ar-15-upper/

Maybe it'll be a clunker, but LaRue has been good to us since starting back in 2003, so I vote with my wallet a little and if I get a dud I know I can get them to take care of it. I'll let you know how it goes. We will get it going with my 77 TMK load. That's usually a good one to shake a rifle out. Worked well enough for me I don't use anything else anymore! HA!

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Originally Posted by beretzs
It's this one.

Maybe it'll be a clunker, but LaRue has been good to us since starting back in 2003, so I vote with my wallet a little and if I get a dud I know I can get them to take care of it. I'll let you know how it goes. We will get it going with my 77 TMK load. That's usually a good one to shake a rifle out. Worked well enough for me I don't use anything else anymore! HA!

If you were happy for the price, then you will be happy with their product. Easy enough. They don't put out junk.

I simply run opposite ends, either build it top notch myself with barrels done by top smiths or I buy ready to go and hope I get MOA, and if I get 2MOA or less its good for dang near all my hunting uses.

Anyway I think you will be well pleased. I know they have a rule of not letting a gun out of the office without a certain accuracy level even if it means pulling a tube off and putting a new one on.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rost495

It's this one.

If you were happy for the price, then you will be happy with their product. Easy enough. They don't put out junk.

I simply run opposite ends, either build it top notch myself with barrels done by top smiths or I buy ready to go and hope I get MOA, and if I get 2MOA or less its good for dang near all my hunting uses.

Anyway I think you will be well pleased. I know they have a rule of not letting a gun out of the office without a certain accuracy level even if it means pulling a tube off and putting a new one on.

That’s fair enough. I probably align closer to your train of thought with a pile of PSA uppers that have shot MOA or maybe a hair over for 10 but they’ve been reliable guns. The LaRue was a bit more money but hell, if it’s a heap they’ll sort it out.

Semper Fi
IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve only had one of their pencil barrels and it shot just over MOA in the challenge here. I probably should say I shot just over MOA, I think the barrel could’ve done better.

I used to have LaRue hats by the dozens from over the years when they added them to your order, never got a bad product or had any problems with them.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I received a Stealth upper in a trade awhile back. I’d do it again. The stealth upper I received was plenty accurate and I have no complaints.

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Great info. Thanks fellas.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Is that their stealth or predator barrel? I have a stealth 18" and it shoots amazingly

B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by badwolf
Is that their stealth or predator barrel? I have a stealth 18" and it shoots amazingly

The Stealth barrel.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was in the market for an upper, I'd definitely be interested in that model at that price point.

Now with even more aplomb
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JPro
If I was in the market for an upper, I'd definitely be interested in that model at that price point.

It should all be in soon. I’ll report back once we get it set up. I don’t expect much for problems though.

Semper Fi
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are their barrels 1-7 or 1-8 their website kind of cryptic on that. I looked just their barrels pretty good deal I think for a barrel. I need a 1-7 twist to shoot 75gr eld-m and up for the long line in service rifle..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
They’re 1-8’s.

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
7 always seemed to do better for us at the 600 yard line. Never made sense. even in Kreiger the 7 was our preferred by far over the 7.75.

Then our smith buddy whips our tails often enough with 9s.... LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Their match upper is a deal right now. I happened on to their site a couple of months ago and found they had a few complete lowers for sale. Got one of them and then one of the match uppers. First trip to the range yielded a .77 inch group with 69 gr Sierras. I'm sure it will get better with some experimentation. A good, solid gun.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by dmentzer; 04/10/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
@dmentzer.

What scope is that?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
@David_Walter
VX 5HD 2-10x42
Nice scope.

Last edited by dmentzer; 04/11/22.
B
beretzs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Just got the upper and trigger today at the door step. Lower is at the FFLs. Can’t wait to see it all snapped together.

Jus like Legos for men grin

Semper Fi
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Just got the upper and trigger today at the door step. Lower is at the FFLs. Can’t wait to see it all snapped together.

Jus like Legos for men grin

I"ve loved just buying a bag of parts since the 80s and putting em together from the ground up. Its fun for sure.

The snap together ease makes it work for all too.

but assembly from individual parts, with a barrel chambered and ready to go is so fun and so easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 63 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.