Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yeah I never have specifically had that conversation with stick. It was just an example of how sometimes it seems we make this too difficult

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every deer I've shot with a .223 has been just as dead as those I've shot with a .300WM.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Yeah I never have specifically had that conversation with stick. It was just an example of how sometimes it seems we make this too difficult

That’s what I’m talking about. This whole entire thread is that exact same thing. Nothing’s happened specifically but…..

No offense but seriously that’s been a his whole thread. People killing stuff will some guns and some people being afraid of what if this that and the other ………

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Kaleb
For instance, big stick.

Lol….that’s kinda my point. He does that more for sport(if he actually has) than thinking a 6 arc kills better than a 250.

That comment is just as hypothetical as the 361 pound deer of a lifetime about to get away

Ladies,

It will only come as a "Surprise" to you gals,that bullets matter wayyyyyyyyyyy than fhuqking headstamps. You'll want to read that again. Now one more time. Hint.

Pardon Physics,as you Drool onto your bibs. The .257" 100 NBT and it's Litz G7 of .176 do thusly. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The 243 Grendel and a 108 at 2700fps ala 29.2grs of Lever' in Lapooey brass and a 20" spout do thusly(I've a few). Hint.

Now if/when talking like case capacity,the 22-250AI will scoot a .295 G7 90gr Beer Can at 3200fps from a modest length barrel. It do thusly. Hint.

If only because I shoot it all and then some,I prefer the 224 Speedmire to the 22-250AI,mainly because I've multiples of each. That being said,for Utility,I'm happier with a 224 Grendel and 88/90's(depends upon which rifle) and am happy to let BC do it's thang,at the "trade" for some initial muzzle velocity. The Seex Kreedmire is a Nasty Fhuqking Bitch and I've multiples of them as well,which will net a .310 G7 at 3000fps from a 21" spout. Hint.

I get it,that you gals don't get it,if only because you've never even "seen" it,let alone "done" it. Pardon wares that Exist and the Physics associated. Hint.

Yesterday morning 224 PPC AFI and now you gals can say you've "seen" one. Hint.

"Tell" me more. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

What a drooling window lickin butt ball. You are dumber than the people you call names. You get baited and come to the trap with your boogery eyes all aglow, trying to pounce on the opportunity to "enlighten"

What a clown, no one reads your charts and few even care that you post here.

The real story is how fast you come to the fire like a moth to the flame and then flame out making your same illiterate comebacks. You are a real maroon!

“Boogery eyes.”

That’s funny as hell.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqksmeller,

I enjoy how Reality reliably escapes your senses...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’ll bet he said something derogatory, didn’t he? Ignore precludes visibility.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by beretzs
For instance, big stick.

Lol….that’s kinda my point. He does that more for sport(if he actually has) than thinking a 6 arc kills better than a 250.

That comment is just as hypothetical as the 361 pound deer of a lifetime about to get away

K, you’re batting a 1000…. I know a 250 Savage cannot keep up with my 6 ARC but hell I accept it for what it is. The fun part is shooting them all and knowing what they do.

I understand the 6mm will beat out the 25. I just meant for killing at normal deer distance that it doesn’t and I just don’t believe Stick has ever made that argument with him. I think that he made that up just as much as the what if a huge deer was about to get away at last light on the property line in a thicket and the dollar store is almost out of cookies grin.

Sorry buddy, I was trying to say I was in agreement, didn't come thru real well in what I wrote.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No no no we’re on the same page. As cool as the little 25’s are……when are the Howa mini 6 arcs hitting the shelves?….haha. Fingers crossed for the gentleman in Kentucky to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
No no no we’re on the same page. As cool as the little 25’s are……when are the Howa mini 6 arcs hitting the shelves?….haha. Fingers crossed for the gentleman in Kentucky to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Yeah, you’re not kidding. I’d probably sell the Howa 6 CM if I got the little 6 ARC. It’s a nice rifle and shoots well but it sits mostly. I got it to ride in my truck but the CTR took that place in the truck.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Those CTR’s are slick. I sorta made mine a faux ctr. I got some take off parts and put my standard barreled action in the ctr stock and bottom metal. No comparison between the ctr 223 magazine and t3 magazine. It normally rides in the truck but it and a few others are off getting chopped and threaded. I just haven’t made the time to pick them up.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I love that CTR honestly. It’s been easy as hell so far. I’ve actually not done anything to load special for it. I’m using the same crap of LVR and 77 TMKs I load for the ARs. It runs 2775FPS and has just been easy.

Took my brother out yesterday and dialed 2.7 mils and watched him giggle when he went 10 for 10 at a steel plate that’s around 8-10” at 500 in some decent breeze. He couldn’t get enough of it. I’d bet a dollar he’s in search of his own today.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Haha that’s awesome! I bet you’re right about him doing some looking today!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A short action Tikka CTR would be really handy. Makes no sense to build a short barrel, light weight rifle in a long action.

Life is good live it while you can.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
A short action Tikka CTR would be really handy. Makes no sense to build a short barrel, light weight rifle in a long action.

Maybe not, but they aren't so bad to shoot quickly. Hard to be too picky when the things are accurate and work with the as issued stock and magazines plus they come with good triggers.

I'd spend more than double I'd think to make my own.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Agreed. You can't get more for anywhere near the cost of these things. They got a lot right on the CTR.

That said, I still shoot my superlite 223 a lot more

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dude270
Agreed. You can't get more for anywhere near the cost of these things. They got a lot right on the CTR.

That said, I still shoot my superlite 223 a lot more

I was just a chickenshit and didn’t feel like swapping bottom metal, so the CTR got the nod.

Semper Fi
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I get it they use the same action for everything. That part isn’t a big deal to me but sure seems silly on the standard magazine length. They give you everything you need then go out of the way to make the mag length too short. I wish they would give the other 223’s the same mag box length as they did with the ctr/ctr magazine.

I did the modifications on a couple and just never got it exactly right. Someone better at tuning magazines could probably make it work.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I agree, the CTR bottom metal is a lot better setup than the t3 223 magazine.

I got lucky though. I wanted to shoot 77 tmk in mine and it shoots them great loaded to 2.26 with a healthy dose of TAC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I got lucky though. I wanted to shoot 77 tmk in mine and it shoots them great loaded to 2.26 with a healthy dose of TAC

Yup, I am bitching about nothing as I am shooting the same 77 TMK's with LVR in mine at 2.260 myself, so it's really not hurting me. When I have time I planned to stretch them out and wind them up a bit. For now, the Dillon keeps turning out the same ammo for the AR's and CTR so its nice to grab a handful and fill up a ziplock to go shoot grin

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by beretzs

Yup, I am bitching about nothing as I am shooting the same 77 TMK's with LVR in mine at 2.260 myself, so it's really not hurting me. When I have time I planned to stretch them out and wind them up a bit. For now, the Dillon keeps turning out the same ammo for the AR's and CTR so its nice to grab a handful and fill up a ziplock to go shoot grin

That's exactly how I'm feeding all my tikka 223s.

I may be leaving some velocity and accuracy on the table. Plus I'm not using the small mountain of 75 amax I still have but the 77 tmk at 2.26 and 24.5 grains of tac has been stupid accurate and I love how they perform on critters.

Plus it's easy. I like loading just 1 load.

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 9 invisible), 978 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,088
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.